RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
awake
Reaction score
seems smart. come on Lapras! We're going to the Asteroid Belt! backflips out of the thread

Purple Poison Pupa
Reaction score
The asteroids are actually quite far apart...astronomically so, if I may say. :v Nothing like how film and TV stereotypically depicts the asteroid belt.

Purple Poison Pupa
Reaction score
What’s interesting to me about Mawile, though, is that its whole deception theme makes me think it should’ve been a Dark-type all along rather than Steel type, especially considering it would get STAB with Crunch, etc. and there aren’t really any Steel biting moves for some reason. Then it would’ve been the first Dark/Fairy type since Gen VI, which I also feel would fit Mawile adequately enough.

...I’ve been thinking this for quite awhile now, feels nice to finally articulate it.

Soloist Pokémon
Reaction score
I guess that's true for casual play. But I must say, you've honestly made me want to try out a couple new Pokémon I have never used, like Mawile and Roserade. And I thank you for that.
What others? And you're welcome.

Soloist Pokémon
Reaction score
What’s interesting to me about Mawile, though, is that its whole deception theme makes me think it should’ve been a Dark-type all along rather than Steel type, especially considering it would get STAB with Crunch, etc. and there aren’t really any Steel biting moves for some reason. Then it would’ve been the first Dark/Fairy type since Gen VI, which I also feel would fit Mawile adequately enough.

...I’ve been thinking this for quite awhile now, feels nice to finally articulate it.
I suppose that's a good point...

Making a Splash
Reaction score
What others? And you're welcome.
Mainly just those two, really, but still. I'd probably start a new Pokémon playthrough, but I'm still busy making money and developing my Join Avenue in Black 2. It's already at Rank 72, with my eventual goal being to raise it all the way to Rank 100.

I suppose that's a good point...
Yeah. Surprising that I haven't thought of that myself.

Has either of you thought that Cresselia would actually fit the Fairy type very well? Think about it: it's supposed to serve as a counterpart to Darkrai and drive away the nightmares it creates, but being a Psychic type, it's actually at a type disadvantage against Darkrai. If Cresselia was a Fairy type, it'd have an advantage over Darkrai. My guess is that Game Freak didn't want to change any existing Legendary or Mythical Pokémon into Fairy type when X and Y were introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.