• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
6E32190D-B515-4C7A-A32E-FC8DCECDED6E.jpeg

Random tidbit of personal Pokémon history that I got the sudden urge to share with you:

Can you remember the moment you found your first random Shiny (in case you have ever found one, of course)? I sure do. One time, I was playing Pokémon X while eating breakfast before work. I was still half asleep when I checked a random trashcan at the Pokémon Village, and out came a Shiny Banette. It took me a second or two to even register what I was seeing. Since I was still not completely awake, it kinda felt like a dream, especially since I had already done multiple Pokémon playthroughs by this point, and hadn't ever seen, much less caught a random Shiny before. I of course caught that thing, and even Mega Evolved it once, just to see what it looked like.

Random tidbit of personal Pokémon history that I got the sudden urge to share with you:

Can you remember the moment you found your first random Shiny (in case you have ever found one, of course)? I sure do. One time, I was playing Pokémon X while eating breakfast before work. I was still half asleep when I checked a random trashcan at the Pokémon Village, and out came a Shiny Banette. It took me a second or two to even register what I was seeing. Since I was still not completely awake, it kinda felt like a dream, especially since I had already done multiple Pokémon playthroughs by this point, and hadn't ever seen, much less caught a random Shiny before. I of course caught that thing, and even Mega Evolved it once, just to see what it looked like.
I also had a lucky Shiny encounter during one of my UM playthroughs. On Mount Lanakila, I was walking around, looking for an item, when a wild encounter happened. It seemed just the same, but then I saw it was a Shiny Sandshrew.

I also had a lucky Shiny encounter during one of my UM playthroughs. On Mount Lanakila, I was walking around, looking for an item, when a wild encounter happened. It seemed just the same, but then I saw it was a Shiny Sandshrew.
In fact, I still have the picture I took right after catching it.
AU6v0IB.jpg

After Banette, I also tried chain fishing in X, and found a Shiny Octillery and Lanturn that way. I also once found a Shiny Mightyena at the Friend Safari.

I've also gotten several Shinies from trades. In X, I once got a Super Sized Shiny Gourgeist from the GTS, and in Omega Ruby, someone was kind enough to trade me a Shiny Flygon, while the GTS has granted me with a Shiny Beedrill, as well as my greatest GTS trade of all time: a level 100 former Pokérus Shiny Thundurus at the prize of a Sewaddle.
And I wasn't even looking for a Shiny. I just wanted a Thundurus to be able to find Landorus.
I never caught any shiny besides the red Gyarados from HGSS ;_;
We've all been there. Don't feel bad...
In fact, I still have the picture I took right after catching it.
AU6v0IB.jpg
Nice!

I believe the first shiny I encountered by chance was a basculin in bw. The first shiny I ever caught in general was either a shiny beautifly or a shiny ralts, though. I chained them with the poke radar in dpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom