• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the late reply. I was walking my dog.

Oh gosh I love the Walking With series! I grew up watching Walking With Beasts and later Allosaurus. I also had a novelization of Walking With Dinosaurs but I didn't see it or Walking With Monsters until later in life. Such fascinating creatures that appeared in each of them.
I haven't seen Walking With Cavemen yet. I'm not sure if these count but I've also seen Prehistoric Park and some other prehistoric documentaries with Nigel Marven which were pretty cool.

Ah, Liopleurodon. Such a magnificent creature... Except that discoveries and/or studies made later may have revealed that it was actually a lot smaller than what was depicted in this series. So there's that epic image shattered.
Yeah, that's always surprising when you realize a prehistoric animal you were awestruck by really weren't as scary or epic as the Walking With series made them out to be (such as Gastornis. There's been discoveries and studies that suggest it was actually a herbivore)

Last edited:
Apologies for the late reply. I had to walk my dog.
It's perfectly fine. We understand. :D
I'm not sure if these count but I've also seen Prehistoric Park and some other prehistoric documentaries with Nigel Martin which were pretty cool.
Yeah, I saw those too. He was actually the "narrator" in several Walking with Dinosaurs special episodes, including the Sea Monsters mini-series, but also did other prehistoric "documentaries", like the Prehistoric Park you mentioned, which I've also seen and liked.

Also, you slightly misspelled/misremembered the name. It's actually Nigel Marven.
(such as Gastornis. There's been discoveries and studies that suggest it was actually a herbivore)
Oh, yeah. That one too. Almost forgot.

Yeah, I saw those two. He was actually the "narrator" in several Walking with Dinosaurs special episodes, including the Sea Monsters mini-series, but also did other prehistoric "documentaries", like the Prehistoric Park you mentioned, which I've also seen and liked.
Yeah, he was. And then there was 'The Giant Claw' that was pretty cool.
Also, you slightly misspelled/misremembered the name. It's actually Nigel Marven.
Whoops! (Just fixed it) Thank you for the reminder.
Oh, yeah. That one too. Almost forgot.
Even now, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around because the copy of Walking With Beasts I own has a bonus disc that shows how it was made and the research they did behind the creatures. They have a section related specifically to Gastornis where they compare the skull and beak to a macaw's and...yeah.

Last edited:
Did I see cats here?
litten.gif

And after all the time I've been considering it, I've finally cleaned up my profile info.
Screenshot_20180820-223119.png

Yeah, he was. And then there was 'The Giant Claw' that was pretty cool.
Not to mention of the Land of Giant special. Most people only know about T-Rex, because it's a popular culture icon, but more people should honestly know that it wasn't the biggest predator dinosaur ever.

And Therizinosaurus was also quite a sight, even though most of it is just educated guessing.
Whoops! (Just fixed it) Thank you for the reminder.
No problem! :D
Even now, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around because the copy of Walking With Beasts I own has a bonus disc that shows how it was made and the research they did behind the creatures. They have a section related specifically to Gastornis where they compare the skull and beak to a macaw's and...yeah.
Lucky you. I've never had that show in my possession in any way, shape, or form, and I don't think I've seen that behind the scenes thing for that show. Well, I guess the dinosaur one was good enough for me.

And yeah. Information changing like that can be kinda hard to digest when you've originally learned it as an impressionable child and stayed true to that belief for years.
Did I see cats here?
Indeed you did!

maxresdefault.jpg

tiger-dad-meet7-gty-ml-171026_7x5_992.jpg

34177848764_4662bc88da_k-800x533.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Another sharing time! Today, I thought I'd share with you guys some awesome Pokémon YouTube animations by Pedro Araujo. These animations are based on the Pokémon games from the original Game Boy (Color) era. Enjoy!

If you enjoyed these animations, feel free to give credits to the original artist as well and share these videos with others you know. Thank you! :D

WHO HERE HAS WATCHED STRANGER THINGS

Ain't it brilliant? Probably the best series I've ever seen in my lifetime. El is the best. Ah yeah! Beauty. Sheer beauty. And I'm not being creepy. I'm being APPRECIATIVE.

Anyway I wanna get some gifs of the series but with two episodes to go before season 2 ends... can't risk it. Some twat will give away the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom