• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler: Scrapped alternate Shellder evolution(?)
PokeGoldDemo-front_207_800.png
Honestly this should be a real thing. I've always wondered why the Shellder on Slowpoke's tail/head looked like this instead of like, well, Shellder or a small Cloyster.
Spoiler: Beta Tyrogue and Hitmontop
1527828043624.png
I like beta Tyrogue but I love Hitmontop's final design more.
Spoiler: Beta Miltank
tumblr_inline_p9m5hjJLny1uol820_100.png
It doesn't look too different from final Miltank.
bomushika_bomseel_by_peegeray-dcd664q.png
An adorable fire seal!
Spoiler: Beta Delibird
DgjQtklWAIEUXQl.png
And I thought final Delibird looked like Santa!
Spoiler: Beta Murkrow
tumblr_inline_p9lu17mVzv1r6bfpk_400.png
I like Murkrow's final design but I love this so much!
Spoiler: Beta Blissey
DewEZdrUYAUueVv
So cute!! When I look at this design, I just think 'Happinas'.
Spoiler: Beta Scizor
1d2e76c531e925e72edb9f8d8c83cea9.jpg
I like that it's the same color as Scyther but I think the shiny red suits it more.
Spoiler: Scrapped Ice Pokémon line
DekkOV3WkAIT6H0.jpg

(Known as "Wolfman" and "Warwolf" respectively, BTW.)
Interesting.
Spoiler: Beta Kingdra
beta_kingdra_by_gooompy-dcdf07e.png
Kingdra's one of my most favorite Pokemon ever and a big reason I love it is because of the deer antlers on it's head so I like the final design a lot more.
Spoiler: Beta Sneasel
DfmTf8fWsAA8SDe.png
IT'S ADORABLE!!!! AWW!! (Also it kind of reminds me of Mienshao)
I don't remember if I saw this one but it's so cute!!

Am I the only one who thinks that the move Curse was originally designed to be this thing's signature move, explaining the nail/pin in the move's animation?
It doesn't look too different from final Miltank.
It's a bit fatter than the final design, but otherwise, yeah. Not too different.

Okay! Now it's time for the entire beta Johto Pokédex, in in-game order!
Deh5R8-WkAApAW-.jpg:large
And here's the same, just in video form with types and Sugimori-style artwork by Rachel Briggs.

Am I the only one who thinks that the move Curse was originally designed to be this thing's signature move, explaining the nail/pin in the move's animation?

Apparently, it indeed was supposed to be its signature move. Notably, its learnset data implies that Curse was a 'secret special' move for it, because it doesn't learn it until level 99, and it was programmed so that it attempts to evolve into Kyonpan starting level 2 of all things.

Apparently, it indeed was supposed to be its signature move. Notably, its learnset data implies that Curse was a 'secret special' move for it, because it doesn't learn it until level 99, and it was programmed so that it attempts to evolve into Kyonpan starting level 2 of all things.
It could also be that those numbers were just put in as placeholders and that it was supposed to evolve later and learn the move earlier.

Now you're a Dragon/Psychic type!

How does it feel to be WEAK TO BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom