• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a dose of good old nightmare fuel from the 90s, straight from Finland. Because why not? Watch, if you dare, and look into the eyes that have given many Finnish children nightmares for over two decades now...

latest

Here's a dose of good old nightmare fuel from the 90s, straight from Finland. Because why not? Watch, if you dare, and look into the eyes that have given many Finnish children nightmares for over two decades now...

latest

That reminds me of what has to be the poorest non-Japanese anime dub I've ever heard. No offense, but it was a Finnish one by a company called (strangely enough) Agapio Racing Team

That reminds me of what has to be the poorest non-Japanese anime dub I've ever heard. No offense, but it was a Finnish one by a company called (strangely enough) Agapio Racing Team
No offense taken. Even we Finns consider their dubbing quality atrocious.
Perhaps they should get back to motorsport then :p
PS: I'm not saying that in an offensive way of course.
I understand. :p
That's assuming the company still exists...
Spoiler alert: They do not after being disbanded in the early 2000s.
Yup. They botched a certain popular show's dub so badly that it drew them out of business.
Yup. That's them, alright. And here's an example of the dub that drew them out of business: Digimon Adventure.

Fortunately, they only managed to dub the first half of this series before being replaced by a much more talented dubbing company.

No offense taken. Even we Finns consider their dubbing quality atrocious.

I understand. :p

Yup. They botched a certain popular show's dub so badly that it drew them out of business.

Yup. That's them, alright. And here's an example of the dub that drew them out of business: Digimon Adventure.

Fortunately, they only managed to dub the first half of this series before being replaced by a much more talented dubbing company.

I saw that video. It gave me the impression they pulled random people off the streets for the dub.

And yes, I do quite like Digimon myself

And yes, I do quite like Digimon myself
I personally have only seen the first three seasons (excluding... well, that part of the first season), which are the only seasons to have been aired in Finland, as far as I'm aware. The second season was the first one I ever saw, so I have more appreciation towards it than the first one, even if only its first half was actually dubbed (the second half was just given Finnish subtitles, probably as a money-saving measure). The third season was dubbed from start to finish, though. While I do see why so many people like the show and don't hate it myself either, I've always preferred Pokémon.

Also, am I the only one who gets certain kind of Johto vibes from season two?

That's exactly what I meant. A sequel set several years later with new main characters, but also some old ones returning.
I watched every Digimon season there has been. Some were pretty good, some kinda and some were somewhat good. As for the most recent, Digimon Adventure tri...

It was awesome in terms of nostalgia and seeing the main characters from Digimon Adventure (Note: not 02) as the center of attention, but plot-wise, it's a bit...disappointing in certain parts of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom