• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a completely random note, does anyone remember what a great and unique performance Robin Williams gave to us as the Genie in the 1992 Disney classic Aladdin? Oh, who am I kidding? Of course you do! Or at least you should know!

But something that you may not know is that the Finnish dub of Aladdin was actually awarded as the best dub of the movie, partially thanks to the Finnish comedian Vesa-Matti Loiri's amazing performance as the Genie, which even got an honorary award from Disney.

Since it was agreed that a comedian mimicking another comedian wouldn't be overly funny, the dubbers asked and received a special permission to localize the Genie's dialogue in the Finnish dub. Loiri never once heard what Williams's performance sounded like until he had finished recording his lines. His version of the Genie contains impressions of Finnish celebrities and his own previous movie roles.

So now, I'd like those of you who are willing and able to do so to give their honest opinion on how the Finnish Genie sounds to you, even if (and most likely when) you can't understand Finnish at all. Please consider it. I'd be greatly pleased to hear what you think.

Oh, hi Zoidberg, nice disguise...oops, did I speak that over the MegaPod Tower intercom with all of the walls still melted, so it was broadcast across all of RM? Oopsie. :whistle:~♪
False. Hugh Mann and Zoidberg are canonically two separate individuals.
Know thine Futurama. :p

Might actually get Bonsly and Mantyke then. Despite starting in Gen IV, I do not have every Pokémon from then in card form (even though I completed Gens I-III and V).

Edit: And now I have more posts than TheCapsFan does in this thread! Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom