• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system.

this quote from masuda makes me worry that the pokemon cut will never be returning
if this is true....I might not be playing this series any longer....sad as that is to say
if the number of pokemon really is becoming too overwhelming for them, I'd rather them just introduce like 5-15 pokemon per game instead of cutting old pokemon
they can focus on other parts of the game instead of adding 80ish pokemon each time

blessed
this quote from masuda makes me worry that the pokemon cut will never be returning
if this is true....I might not be playing this series any longer....sad as that is to say
if the number of pokemon really is becoming too overwhelming for them, I'd rather them just introduce like 5-15 pokemon per game instead of cutting old pokemon
they can focus on other parts of the game instead of adding 80ish pokemon each time
yeah same, like...my favorite Pokemon is Zekrom, a Legendary from several Gens ago that has 0% chance of being in another regional Pokedex...so am I just fucked on ever using it in a new game outside of eventual Gen V remakes?
every Pokemon that exists is someone's favorite, which should take precedence over Pokemon that don't yet exist.

I'm just really upset right now
I've been playing this series my whole life and it fills me with joy
thinking that I might have to abandon it....just breaks my heart
I don't think any other series will quite be able to replace it for me
I don't know what I'm gonna do...

makes me happy I've started branching out into other game series these past several years

I used to basically only play Pokemon, so if this had happened back then...oof.

My opinion on Dexit:
SKRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm just really upset right now
I've been playing this series my whole life and it fills me with joy
thinking that I might have to abandon it....just breaks my heart
I don't think any other series will quite be able to replace it for me
I don't know what I'm gonna do...

Abandoning the series over this is a bit of an overreaction, and I think most of us realize that. I mean, I'm the kind of person who constantly complains about everything before the release of a Pokémon game but always is the first to get it on release day, and I have a feeling that a lot of the fanbase, especially the portion that congregaretes in sites like this, is the same way. Although I won't be getting Sword and Shield, though that's more because I don't own a Switch.

Abandoning the series over this is a bit of an overreaction, and I think most of us realize that. I mean, I'm the kind of person who constantly complains about everything before the release of a Pokémon game but always is the first to get it on release day, and I have a feeling that a lot of the fanbase, especially the portion that congregaretes in sites like this, is the same way. Although I won't be getting Sword and Shield, though that's more because I don't own a Switch.
maybe it is an overreaction...I haven't made up my mind yet. I can't help but consider it, though, considering how terrible this decision of theirs is...

This is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Game Freak have a long history of removing beloved features, Battle Frontier, Contests, following Pokemon, and now Megas and Z-moves, rather than expanding on or refining them. But outright removing Pokemon themselves is enough to push it over the line for a lot of people. And they've stated this is their policy going forward. They clearly don't listen to fans, so the only way to get through their thick skulls is by not buying the games.

They clearly don't listen to fans, so the only way to get through their thick skulls is by not buying the games.

Hate to break it to you, but they don't really care about us, since we're really such a small portion of the people who are buying the games. They care more about the general public than people who spend their time complaining on internet forums.

This is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Game Freak have a long history of removing beloved features, Battle Frontier, Contests, following Pokemon, and now Megas and Z-moves, rather than expanding on or refining them. But outright removing Pokemon themselves is enough to push it over the line for a lot of people. And they've stated this is their policy going forward. They clearly don't listen to fans, so the only way to get through their thick skulls is by not buying the games.
I mean, this is true....

....yeah, probably not an overreaction...I feel a little embarrassed that I agreed it might be...I just have a tendency to agree with people who say I'm doing x thing wrong because I have no self confidence...

I just don't know what I want to do yet...should I contribute to the cause and protest by not buying the games? Protesting aside, I wouldn't enjoy the games nearly as much if I can't use some of my favorites, and I imagine they'll be removing a lot of my favorites from the game. But on the other hand, I really would like to experience what sword/shield (and future games) have to offer, and to use the cool new pokemon for myself.

but like leetic just said, my protesting wouldn't make a difference by itself anyway...there'd need to be a lot of people not buying the games over this for it to make a difference...

I'm so torn...

Hate to break it to you, but they don't really care about us, since we're really such a small portion of the people who are buying the games. They care more about the general public than people who spend their time complaining on internet forums.
I mean, I just said they didn't care? They only speak sales numbers, so if enough people don't buy the games, they'll finally realize something's off.
but like leetic just said, my protesting wouldn't make a difference by itself anyway...there'd need to be a lot of people not buying the games over this for it to make a difference...

I'm so torn...
Yeah, but it's like that "I'm not gonna vote, my voice doesn't matter" stuff. If all the people with that mentality went out and voted, elections would look very, very different.

Yeah, but it's like that "I'm not gonna vote, my voice doesn't matter" stuff. If all the people with that mentality went out and voted, elections would look very, very different.
I know that, but even if I don't buy the games, the other people with my mentality still will buy them. Which I realize is another toxic mentality for people to have en masse, but it nonetheless contributes to the part of me that wants to buy them myself.

like I said, I'm still undecided about what I want to do. I might buy the games, I might not. One factor that would play a part in the decision is exactly how many and which of my favorites they decide to cut. Like, is a game without stunfisk even worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom