• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this entire thread just some big weird roleplay.p that's disguised as a shitpost thread?

apparently one of my friends is happy mega evolutions are cut

I am so disappointed in him

I just....I just don't understand it

he's literally not going to buy the games because they're cutting pokemon

now he's happy they're cutting pokemon?

because that's what cutting mega evolutions is
to be fair, cutting Megas isn't the same as cutting entire Pokemon...for a lot of Pokemon, it's specifically cutting what makes them good and now you've just got an empty shell floating about, a little more than a painful reminder of what once was.

to be fair, cutting Megas isn't the same as cutting entire Pokemon...for a lot of Pokemon, it's specifically cutting what makes them good and now you've just got an empty shell floating about, a little more than a painful reminder of what once was.
that really isn't much better

they're not only cutting what makes them good, they're cutting entire designs too (though maybe you meant that too, I couldn't really tell)

like, I quite like mega pinsir, but I don't give a shit about regular pinsir

so now that the mega's gone, the entire species means nothing to me now

thank you, chida-kun~

hugs the ghirahim sableye

game freak has dragged me into a position where I'm basically forced to be a hypocrite

because I think having mega evolutions and dynamax/gigantamax in the same game might be too much, and if they have to get rid of one of them, I'd much rather have them get rid of dynamax/gigantamax

I would miss gigantamax alcremie, though...

apparently one of my friends is happy mega evolutions are cut

I am so disappointed in him
I'm not judging these games based on what Pokémon we can find on them. I'm waiting for them to air and judge them based on how enjoyable they are.

Cutting Pokémon is understandable, given the huge amount of different designs we have by now and the fact that creating new models for each of them for the Switch console isn't easy. People should cut Game Freak some slack.

the problem is, SwSh look pretty bare-bones as-is. Not a lot of new stuff to make up for less Pokemon. Also as far as I'm able to tell, these are the exact same models as on 3DS, just with upscaled textures.

I'd cut them some slack if they were making these games out of passion and the kindness of their hearts. But they're not. They're making the games to make money, and as a consumer, I'm allowed to have standards about the products I purchase. Video games are a luxury, not a necessity. And if a luxury is getting more expensive but lower quality, I'm well within my rights to not buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom