• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhWC4Zt.gif

What’s interesting to me about Mawile, though, is that its whole deception theme makes me think it should’ve been a Dark-type all along rather than Steel type, especially considering it would get STAB with Crunch, etc. and there aren’t really any Steel biting moves for some reason. Then it would’ve been the first Dark/Fairy type since Gen VI, which I also feel would fit Mawile adequately enough.

...I’ve been thinking this for quite awhile now, feels nice to finally articulate it.

What’s interesting to me about Mawile, though, is that its whole deception theme makes me think it should’ve been a Dark-type all along rather than Steel type, especially considering it would get STAB with Crunch, etc. and there aren’t really any Steel biting moves for some reason. Then it would’ve been the first Dark/Fairy type since Gen VI, which I also feel would fit Mawile adequately enough.

...I’ve been thinking this for quite awhile now, feels nice to finally articulate it.
I suppose that's a good point...

What others? And you're welcome.
Mainly just those two, really, but still. I'd probably start a new Pokémon playthrough, but I'm still busy making money and developing my Join Avenue in Black 2. It's already at Rank 72, with my eventual goal being to raise it all the way to Rank 100.

I suppose that's a good point...
Yeah. Surprising that I haven't thought of that myself.

Has either of you thought that Cresselia would actually fit the Fairy type very well? Think about it: it's supposed to serve as a counterpart to Darkrai and drive away the nightmares it creates, but being a Psychic type, it's actually at a type disadvantage against Darkrai. If Cresselia was a Fairy type, it'd have an advantage over Darkrai. My guess is that Game Freak didn't want to change any existing Legendary or Mythical Pokémon into Fairy type when X and Y were introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom