• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Random Messages 15 - RIP Chewbacca

Witch best animul?

• Bat

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Bees?

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • BeeBat

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • BatBee

• BatBat

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • BeeBee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Dog

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Duck

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Octopuss

• Emu

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Max1996

Johto Fire Trio
Reaction score
My Asperger's makes it hard for me to give up on things I like, so I don't sell any of my cards. I also store my cards in the order I obtained them in.

Do you have any "original" cards from the age of "Pokémania"? What kind of rare cards do you have?
None, I think...Started the collecting recently.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Tried your hand at booster packs from Team Up or Unbroken Bonds, the most recent English expansions? Those GX cards are something new and interesting...
I've seen those booster packs in stores, alright. But as I said, I try not to buy any new cards these days, since I want to keep my cards in folders, so if I happen to buy more cards when I don't have a folder with space in it, I need to buy a new one, and since I don't like leaving my folders incomplete, I want to eventually buy more cards and... I think you get the idea.

Max1996

Johto Fire Trio
Reaction score
I've seen those booster packs in stores, alright. But as I said, I try not to buy any new cards these days, since I want to keep my cards in folders, so if I happen to buy more cards when I don't have a folder with space in it, I need to buy a new one, and since I don't like leaving my folders incomplete, I want to eventually buy more cards and... I think you get the idea.
Oh...

Magnificent Entertainer

Mightiest Earthling
Reaction score
Wing Attack does 70HP damage?!?! Man, I wish it was that useful in the games. :p

I pulled a holographic Charizard out of a random original base set booster pack that my grandmother bought me. It’s not a first edition, so it’s actual value wouldn’t be that high, even if it was still in mint condition.
That said, my personal policy is that I buy things to use them, not to resell them at a later point, so I used that card in many of the decks I built for myself throughout the early years of the TCG.

But...I haven’t collected or kept up with the TCG since the early Hoenn days, and I really don’t intend to anymore.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Wing Attack does 70HP damage?!?! Man, I wish it was that useful in the games. :p

I pulled a holographic Charizard out of a random original base set booster pack that my grandmother bought me. It’s not a first edition, so it’s actual value wouldn’t be that high, even if it was still in mint condition.
That said, my personal policy is that I buy things to use them, not to resell them at a later point, so I used that card in many of the decks I built for myself throughout the early years of the TCG.

But...I haven’t collected or kept up with the TCG since the early Hoenn days, and I really don’t intend to anymore.
I don't even play the Pokémon TCG. I just collected the cards because I liked how they looked.

Magnificent Entertainer

Mightiest Earthling
Reaction score
That’s certainly fair. Once I’ve assembled a Lego set, I don’t usually play around with it. I put it up on display, and occassionally take it down, disassemble it, and put it back together again.

I actually just rebuilt The Detective’s Office, which is a marvelously fun set to build. I’m planning on doing a lot more rebuilding starting next weekend.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
That’s certainly fair. Once I’ve assembled a Lego set, I don’t usually play around with it. I put it up on display, and occassionally take it down, disassemble it, and put it back together again.

I actually just rebuilt The Detective’s Office, which is a marvelously fun set to build. I’m planning on doing a lot more rebuilding starting next weekend.
I actually also once tried to reassemble some of my older Lego sets at one point in my childhood, but couldn't always find all the pieces, so I rarely succeeded.

LazySpy

"Shepard, we have found the Lavoiathan."
Reaction score
Me and my brothers have mostly lost our LEGO bricks- they were sold some time ago, and now we only have a couple old bricks that would be hard to turn into anything sensible. I don't think we actually have a single full set in our entire house, matter of fact...

Magnificent Entertainer

Mightiest Earthling
Reaction score
A lot of my older sets are missing bricks, to be sure. Part of that is because I traded pieces, part of that comes from when I combined my Lego collection with a friend’s collection so we could build the ultimate Hogwarts, and then we couldn’t quite separate things back to exactly as they were, and part of that is that things get misplaced after 20+ years.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Me and my brothers have mostly lost our LEGO bricks- they were sold some time ago, and now we only have a couple old bricks that would be hard to turn into anything sensible. I don't think we actually have a single full set in our entire house, matter of fact...
A lot of my older sets are missing bricks, to be sure. Part of that is because I traded pieces, part of that comes from when I combined my Lego collection with a friend’s collection so we could build the ultimate Hogwarts, and then we couldn’t quite separate things back to exactly as they were, and part of that is that things get misplaced after 20+ years.
My grandparents (from both sides) have some really old Legos. Not necessarily any sets, but very old pieces definitely.