• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some GX cards too. I also have full art cards of Groudon, Cobalion, and Keldeo, at least. Plus, I have a Rainbow Rare Charizard.
547346587312193536.gif

Tried your hand at booster packs from Team Up or Unbroken Bonds, the most recent English expansions? Those GX cards are something new and interesting...
I've seen those booster packs in stores, alright. But as I said, I try not to buy any new cards these days, since I want to keep my cards in folders, so if I happen to buy more cards when I don't have a folder with space in it, I need to buy a new one, and since I don't like leaving my folders incomplete, I want to eventually buy more cards and... I think you get the idea.

I've seen those booster packs in stores, alright. But as I said, I try not to buy any new cards these days, since I want to keep my cards in folders, so if I happen to buy more cards when I don't have a folder with space in it, I need to buy a new one, and since I don't like leaving my folders incomplete, I want to eventually buy more cards and... I think you get the idea.
Oh...

s-l1000.jpg
Wing Attack does 70HP damage?!?! Man, I wish it was that useful in the games. :p

I pulled a holographic Charizard out of a random original base set booster pack that my grandmother bought me. It’s not a first edition, so it’s actual value wouldn’t be that high, even if it was still in mint condition.
That said, my personal policy is that I buy things to use them, not to resell them at a later point, so I used that card in many of the decks I built for myself throughout the early years of the TCG.

But...I haven’t collected or kept up with the TCG since the early Hoenn days, and I really don’t intend to anymore.

Wing Attack does 70HP damage?!?! Man, I wish it was that useful in the games. :p

I pulled a holographic Charizard out of a random original base set booster pack that my grandmother bought me. It’s not a first edition, so it’s actual value wouldn’t be that high, even if it was still in mint condition.
That said, my personal policy is that I buy things to use them, not to resell them at a later point, so I used that card in many of the decks I built for myself throughout the early years of the TCG.

But...I haven’t collected or kept up with the TCG since the early Hoenn days, and I really don’t intend to anymore.
I don't even play the Pokémon TCG. I just collected the cards because I liked how they looked.

That’s certainly fair. Once I’ve assembled a Lego set, I don’t usually play around with it. I put it up on display, and occassionally take it down, disassemble it, and put it back together again.

I actually just rebuilt The Detective’s Office, which is a marvelously fun set to build. I’m planning on doing a lot more rebuilding starting next weekend.

That’s certainly fair. Once I’ve assembled a Lego set, I don’t usually play around with it. I put it up on display, and occassionally take it down, disassemble it, and put it back together again.

I actually just rebuilt The Detective’s Office, which is a marvelously fun set to build. I’m planning on doing a lot more rebuilding starting next weekend.
I actually also once tried to reassemble some of my older Lego sets at one point in my childhood, but couldn't always find all the pieces, so I rarely succeeded.

Me and my brothers have mostly lost our LEGO bricks- they were sold some time ago, and now we only have a couple old bricks that would be hard to turn into anything sensible. I don't think we actually have a single full set in our entire house, matter of fact...

A lot of my older sets are missing bricks, to be sure. Part of that is because I traded pieces, part of that comes from when I combined my Lego collection with a friend’s collection so we could build the ultimate Hogwarts, and then we couldn’t quite separate things back to exactly as they were, and part of that is that things get misplaced after 20+ years.

Me and my brothers have mostly lost our LEGO bricks- they were sold some time ago, and now we only have a couple old bricks that would be hard to turn into anything sensible. I don't think we actually have a single full set in our entire house, matter of fact...
A lot of my older sets are missing bricks, to be sure. Part of that is because I traded pieces, part of that comes from when I combined my Lego collection with a friend’s collection so we could build the ultimate Hogwarts, and then we couldn’t quite separate things back to exactly as they were, and part of that is that things get misplaced after 20+ years.
My grandparents (from both sides) have some really old Legos. Not necessarily any sets, but very old pieces definitely.

I’ve actually got a few small sets on my desk at work, including the Chicago Architecture set, two promotional sets, and a couple of the Creator 3-in-1 sets.
I once built a space shuttle paper/cardboard/whatever model with my dad. It came along with a book about space shuttles. We took look breaks in between the building sessions, but we eventually finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom