• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
Since it wasn't stated anywhere in-game before this, Bulbapedia didn't count it as a confirmed Legendary until now. I just read a Twitter post relaying this same revealation, and most repliers found it weird or even outright stupid that it wasn't "officially" considered Legendary before.

That... I... uh...I'm confused how people could consider it not legendary.

It was frustrating to me too to not see Bulbapedia consider it a Legendary until now. But I've learned to not edit war, especially with admins.
Edit warring is definitely never a good idea. Best idea is to post in the bulbawiki forum. (And no, I haven't checked to see if anyone mentioned it)

Edit warring is definitely never a good idea. Best idea is to post in the bulbawiki forum. (And no, I haven't checked to see if anyone mentioned it)
I've been temporarily banned from Bulbapedia a couple times because of edit wars. And one of them just happened to happen during a gigantic, once-in-a-decade edit boom (the Battle Frontier articles were split into separate articles for each facility) that I was unable to participate in. That especially helped to drive the lesson in. And I'm still reminded of that every time I see links and articles related to that edit boom.

Since the forum staff aren't really connected with the Pedia staff, I can't really comment on how things are run over there... but my best advice is to always contact a staff member if you're having trouble.

That goes for us too. Our doors are always open.
I personally use talk pages if disagreements arise. Be it an admin or the other side of the disagreement.

Since it wasn't stated anywhere in-game before this, Bulbapedia didn't count it as a confirmed Legendary until now. I just read a Twitter post relaying this same revealation, and most repliers found it weird or even outright stupid that it wasn't "officially" considered Legendary before.

That... I... uh...I'm confused how people could consider it not legendary.
See, I’m old enough to remember when a certain Electric/Ghost type was considered by many to be a Legendary Pokemon because there was only one found in the game, it was a field encounter, it was given alternate forms, and it even played the Legendary encounter music when you battled it.

Now, that same Electric/Ghost type is in everybody’s cellphones, PCs, and Bikes.

See, I’m old enough to remember when a certain Electric/Ghost type was considered by many to be a Legendary Pokemon because there was only one found in the game, it was a field encounter, it was given alternate forms, and it even played the Legendary encounter music when you battled it.

Now, that same Electric/Ghost type is in everybody’s cellphones, PCs, and Bikes.
Even some official sources were fooled! In the Platinum chapter of Pokémon Adventures, Rotom is repeatedly mentioned when Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are talked about and listed.

Even some official sources were fooled! In the Platinum chapter of Pokémon Adventures, Rotom is repeatedly mentioned when Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are talked about and listed.
The point being, these sorts of mistakes have been made before, so I can see why people would want to be more careful now.

The point being, these sorts of mistakes have been made before, so I can see why people would want to be more careful now.
And I understand that. But not all people seem to understand, based on what I saw on Twitter. (Not a Twitter user, BTW. Was just checking if I could find any tweets about the newest Pokémon anime episode.)

I personally don't. In fact, this winter has been practically snowless here, which has been very disappointing to me.
The fact that winter has been practically snowless here has been a massive blessing. Tonight, though, I’ll have to drive 20 miles through snow covered roads filled with idiotic drivers in order to get home.

Well, among other nice goodies, I got these today:
431A6F7C-38AE-4474-979F-783C70407FDC.jpeg

I’m excited to open ‘em up later! The Lego set I asked for partially because I wanted something that included a Mysterio mini figure. :3

Back
Top Bottom