• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I lost my whismur in a nuzlocke :(
I’m too chicken to do a Nuzlocke. But I am giving myself an interesting challenge for my LPs.
I could never do a Nuzlocke. I won't judge other people doing it, but personally, I feel it takes away a lot of the fun in the game. I don't want to risk losing the team members I've grown attached to. And ME, I personally don't consider you as a chicken for not wanting to do a Nuzlocke.

Also, here's someone voicing their rather... clear opinions on Nuzlockes. Or at least reflecting how some people probably feel about them:

I mean, it adds a lot of elements of strategy to the game, which, in turn, increases the difficulty. I usually find Pokémon games to be too easy. I think I’ve found a good compromise, though, which y’all will see once my Platinum LP gets started.

I’ve recorded 4 episodes so far, but I want to get to a certain point in the game before I start uploading them to YouTube. In the meantime, the test audience seems to be enjoying my commentary.

I could never do a Nuzlocke. I won't judge other people doing it, but personally, I feel it takes away a lot of the fun in the game. I don't want to risk losing the team members I've grown attached to.
That's part of the idea. :)

I'll be doing a nuzlocke somewhere in the very near future. Once I unpack the new microphone I brought yesterday and get it set up.

I mean, it adds a lot of elements of strategy to the game, which, in turn, increases the difficulty. I usually find Pokémon games to be too easy. I think I’ve found a good compromise, though, which y’all will see once my Platinum LP gets started.
That's part of the idea. :)
I personally don't need the threat of losing my Pokémon to make the game fun or interesting, or make me attached to my team. I like to just build one single team of six and stick with it. And difficulty has never been an overly pressing issue for me.

I personally don't need the threat of losing my Pokémon to make the game fun or interesting, or make me attached to my team. I like to just build one single team of six and stick with it. And difficulty has never been an overly pressing issue for me.
You are, of course, welcome to play the games however you wish. We're just explaining why nuzlockes are appealing to many players. :)

Personally, I've become increasingly frustrated with the Pokemon franchise for how easy it is. You may hear me talk about how Black 2 and White 2 were the last great pokemon games... and this is one of the reasons why.

See, I get bored easily if I’m not challenged.
This is the same as me. While I didn't give up on the games ME mentioned, as I kept playing them for the story, I didn't find them as fun as I did earlier games in the franchise (Not sure why ME listed Black though as I don't think that game was super easy)

It's one of the reasons why the national dex is super important to me, as the challenge of completing the national dex is the whole point in my view.

(And before anyone mentions it, I don't consider X and Y's exp share to affect the challenge. All that does is take the grind out of levelling pokemon... The games would be too easy even without the share)

Not sure why ME listed Black though as I don't think that game was super easy
Okay, so my dislike and boredom with Black weren’t as much because of the difficulty level as it was with boredom of the concept of Pokémon in general.
I will be doing LPs of Black/White and Black2/White2 for Bulba, after my Platinum LP, of course, and I may get into that a little more during those. I might also get into a bit of that in the Platinum LP itself.

(And before anyone mentions it, I don't consider X and Y's exp share to affect the challenge. All that does is take the grind out of levelling pokemon... The games would be too easy even without the share)

Yeah, since you can get a full team of powerful mons for free. Your Starter, Kanto Starters, Fossil, Lucario, Lapras, Legendary, Bisharp, Eevee, Steelix

Yeah, since you can get a full team of powerful mons for free. Your Starter, Kanto Starters, Fossil, Lucario, Lapras, Legendary, Bisharp, Eevee, Steelix
Yeah, the free legendaries are something I find frustrating too.

I'm the kind of guy that deliberately uses my master ball on a pidgey... because I want to make the legendaries challenging to capture. But Xerneas has a catch rate of 45 (For reference: Mewtwo's is 3) and you cannot continue the story if you "fail" to capture Xerneas (aka deliberately knock it out)

Another thing that frustrates me is how many free revives you are given.

Yeah, the free legendaries are something I find frustrating too.

I'm the kind of guy that deliberately uses my master ball on a pidgey... because I want to make the legendaries challenging to capture. But Xerneas has a catch rate of 45 (For reference: Mewtwo's is 3) and you cannot continue the story if you "fail" to capture Xerneas (aka deliberately knock it out)

Another thing that frustrates me is how many free revives you are given.

I triggered my 11 yo step bro by saying imma use a master ball on a Yamper. Should I do it?

I mean, I was wrong about Black, and eventually went back and finished it.
I was not wrong about all of Gen VI. Those are still the most boring games to date in the Pokémon franchise.
Personally, I've become increasingly frustrated with the Pokemon franchise for how easy it is. You may hear me talk about how Black 2 and White 2 were the last great pokemon games... and this is one of the reasons why.

This is the same as me. While I didn't give up on the games ME mentioned, as I kept playing them for the story, I didn't find them as fun as I did earlier games in the franchise (Not sure why ME listed Black though as I don't think that game was super easy)

It's one of the reasons why the national dex is super important to me, as the challenge of completing the national dex is the whole point in my view.

Difficulty has never really been the franchise's main focus. They're trying to make it more accessible to young players. And I'd even argue that they've tried to put more focus over difficulty in some of the more recent games. But some of the Totem battles in Alola can be legitimately challenging if you're not properly prepared.
I triggered my 11 yo step bro by saying imma use a master ball on a Yamper. Should I do it?
No. Save it in case of a Shiny Gigantamax or something.

Back
Top Bottom