• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

RANDOM MESSAGES 16: Officially out of bread

I CLAIM COP (My mental filter was NK'd N0)
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that.
But the characters would almost certainly tell you (if it were actually possible to ask them) that Archer was captain of Enterprise before Kirk.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that.
But the characters would almost certainly tell you (if it were actually possible to ask them) that Archer was captain of Enterprise before Kirk.
False. Very, very false.
Archer was never the captain of the NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise. There were either one or two Captains of the NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise before Kirk. Everyone agrees on Christopher Pike being Kirk's immediate predecessor. Depending on whether or not you accept the Star Trek Cartoons as canon, will depend on whether or not you believe Robert April was the first Captain of the NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise.

Reaction score
Fine. (And why were there multiple ships named Enterprise?)
Any character, if it were possible to ask them, would tell you that Archer travelled in space before Kirk.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
There were multiple ships named Enterprise for the same reason that we named space shuttles are famous Naval ships. Because names carry on a legacy.

Anyway, that aside, your current statement is accurate.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
Well, I suppose anyone with a birthday in this general time period is grounded on their birthday.
Most unfortunate.

Movie Star
Reaction score
Yeah idk whats going to happen around mine but I hope all this will have blown over because I dont really want to do nothing.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
Your birthday has a better shot of not being affected by this than mine.
I assume my birthday is still going to be overshadowed by the coronavirus.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
Too much salt is bad.
Salt itself is not bad, but one should not consume too much salt.
The amount of salt that is bad is actually extremely dependent on diet and medical conditions.
I think the original series actually takes place after Enterprise.
Though, as the original, TOS was most likely released first.
I need to watch Enterprise again. Been a while since I watched Star Trek, might do what you're doing and watch them in a chronological order.

Yes, I understand that.
There have been... 7? 8? ships to carry the name Enterprise though.

the NX-01.
The NCC-1701
The NCC-1701-A
The NCC-1701-B
The NCC-1701-C
The NCC-1701-D (Oh come on designers)
The NCC-1701-E
The NCC-1701-J (wtf is with this design? :p)
The NCC-1701-F (Star Trek Online)

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
See, one thing that I'm sad about is that they stopped well before the NCC-1701-Q. I wonder if they'd even use that letter or just skip it entirely and go to the NCC-1701-R.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
J does not go between E and F in the alphabet. It goes between I and K. :p
lol yeah I know, but that was the appearance order of the NCC ones. Technically, NX-01 should go after E but... meh laziness.

Reaction score
I need to watch Enterprise again. Been a while since I watched Star Trek, might do what you're doing and watch them in a chronological order.
I was being sarcastic when I said I was watching them in chronological order. Voyager, which I watched first, takes place probably over a hundred years after Enterprise. Naturally, Picard takes place twenty-ish years after Voyager, and I was starting Picard when it first came out, which was not before I finished Voyager or knew that Seven-of-Nine was ever freed from the Borg.