• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I completely disagree. Q’s character is absolutely fascinating, since he defies all logic and scientific explanation.
I do not agree. While John de Lancie is an amazing actor, i feel that Q is one of hIs worst roles. A comic relief character, nothing more.

I do not agree. While John de Lancie is an amazing actor, i feel that Q is one of hIs worst roles. A comic relief character, nothing more.
See, this is exactly where you are wrong, because you fail to see beyond the boisterousness and happy-go-lucky attitude Q seems to have after his first couple of episodes.
There are many, many life lessons one can take from Q related episodes, not the least of which are:
1. How much of humanity’s progress for the sake of progress is warranted vs. how much are we destroying ourselves and others?
2. We are defined by our actions. Changing one of those actions, even if it means living a little longer, can change the entire direction of our lives and who we are. Never deny who you are.
3. Even the worst kind of person and the most selfish person can be capable of selfless behavior.
4. We are not defined by our own mortality, nor should we fear it if it means that we got to have a rich and fulfilling life.
5. We are not ready for what’s out there. There are some things you cannot be prepared for. That is life.
6. Ask for help when you need it.
7. Always fight for what you believe in.
8. Always help those who have helped you, even if you feel they are insignificant.

And those are just the lessons I could think of off the top of my head.

See, this is exactly where you are wrong, because you fail to see beyond the boisterousness and happy-go-lucky attitude Q seems to have after his first couple of episodes.
There are many, many life lessons one can take from Q related episodes, not the least of which are:
1. How much of humanity’s progress for the sake of progress is warranted vs. how much are we destroying ourselves and others?
2. We are defined by our actions. Changing one of those actions, even if it means living a little longer, can change the entire direction of our lives and who we are. Never deny who you are.
3. Even the worst kind of person and the most selfish person can be capable of selfless behavior.
4. We are not defined by our own mortality, nor should we fear it if it means that we got to have a rich and fulfilling life.
5. We are not ready for what’s out there. There are some things you cannot be prepared for. That is life.
6. Ask for help when you need it.
7. Always fight for what you believe in.
8. Always help those who have helped you, even if you feel they are insignificant.

And those are just the lessons I could think of off the top of my head.
Maybe if Q wasn't so obnoxious and annoying, I might agree with that. But I really can't even stand the character, so I tend to skip Q episodes. which the exception of tapestry.

Every single point you made was also expressed in other episodes by more serious characters

So it comes down to you not liking his personality, which is fine. That's a personal opinion.
At the end of the day, I actually quite like his character and I think that the episodes he's in are actually quite good.

I will challenge this bit, though:
Every single point you made was also expressed in other episodes by more serious characters
Prove it.

So it comes down to you not liking his personality, which is fine. That's a personal opinion.
At the end of the day, I actually quite like his character and I think that the episodes he's in are actually quite good.

I will challenge this bit, though:

Prove it.
There is more to it than just personality. He added nothing to the show, and the Q powers thing was annoying and used as comic relief. I hate comic relief.

The best Q scene was in DS9.

As for the rest, i’ll go through the four shows later for examples

Edit: i think most of my answers are going to be. Ben sisko...

Also doesn't change the fact that Q taught several lessons aside from those that I previously mentioned. But I am too exhausted to actually go through and rewatch all the Q episodes. Besides which, if I had time for that, I could record LP episodes, instead.

Which reminds me. Your episodes take way too damn long to upload. I'm uploading the episode for tomorrow, and it won't be done until 1:30am.

gives Snowy a Super F

Back
Top Bottom