• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I sometimes jokingly refer to myself as AussieSnorlax so... :p

Except I don't sleep as much as snorlax.

Save file is an entire, well, file. Save state is basically saving a point in the game to which you can return to if you want.
Save states are still files.

A save file is the game's own save system storing the progress into the save file.

A save state is when the program (Such as Virtual Console on the 3DS) dumps the games entire memory into a file.. and when restoring, just restores that entire memory.

While not a diet, I try to control the amount of sweets I eat, but my sweet tooth tends to get the better of me when I'm shopping.
My weight problems were caused by what Americans call soda, unfortunately. Which has made me pretty addicted to cola drinks.

Yeah kids, don't drink anything but water and milk. I drink way too much coke and the like, and it's just not good for you.
Especially if you don't want to end up like AussieSnorlax.

Best drink to drink is, as dig said, water. Even milk and fruit juices can be bad. (Fruit juice more than milk though)

My weight problems were caused by what Americans call soda, unfortunately. Which has made me pretty addicted to cola drinks.
I'm not addicted to soda, but I must actively resist the urge to buy sweets whenever I visit a food store.
I sometimes jokingly refer to myself as AussieSnorlax so... :p

Except I don't sleep as much as snorlax.
And I certainly hope you're not as wide as one either...
Yeah kids, don't drink anything but water and milk. I drink way too much coke and the like, and it's just not good for you.
Especially if you don't want to end up like AussieSnorlax.

Best drink to drink is, as dig said, water. Even milk and fruit juices can be bad. (Fruit juice more than milk though)
I think milk is okay, but otherwise, yeah. Most of the time, I drink just water. Milk (usually mixed with cocoa or corn flakes) is rarer these days. I don't really drink juices either these days, excluding the occasional redcurrant juices made from our family's own berries. Sodas and lemonades I reserve almost exclusively to any sort of parties.

My favorite lemonade is Fanta. Coke is overrated.

And I certainly hope you're not as wide as one either...
Unfortunately, I am. Which is why I need to lose weight.

I think milk is okay
Milk does contain carbs, and does contain fat. Both of which equal calories. If you use milk just as an additive to stuff like tea/coffee or recipes, it's fine... but as a glass of milk, it's less fine. Depending on how much you need to limit.

The worse one is fruit juice. It's high in sugar (fructose) but has none of the fibre that the fruit itself has. Which is why juice is as big a no-no on my diet as full-sugar soda.

Thankfully, sugar-free soda does exist, and I've grown accustom to its taste that I kinda prefer Coke No Sugar over full-strength Coke now :p

Unfortunately, I am. Which is why I need to lose weight.
:lapras: Oof...
starts imagining an Eevee the size and shape of a Snorlax, before remembering that those kind of images aren't allowed here, and pushes the thoughts away
That's unfortunate... Maybe you should start going to a gym or/and swimming. I do both to help my body stay in as good of a shape I can.
Milk does contain carbs, and does contain fat. Both of which equal calories. If you use milk just as an additive to stuff like tea/coffee or recipes, it's fine... but as a glass of milk, it's less fine. Depending on how much you need to limit.
I drink fat-free milk. It tastes better.
Thankfully, sugar-free soda does exist, and I've grown accustom to its taste that I kinda prefer Coke No Sugar over full-strength Coke now :p
That's good to hear.

:lapras: Oof...starts imagining an Eevee the size and shape of a Snorlax, before remembering that those kind of images aren't allowed here, and pushes the thoughts away That's unfortunate... Maybe you should start going to a gym or/and swimming. I do both to help my body stay in as good of a shape I can.
I probably will start swimming once I've lost a bit, but my diet is designed so that the body burns fat for fuel, so hopefully... if I can manage to stick to it... I can get down to the point where I can start swimming for exercise.

I hear swimming is the less stressful type of exercise on your body due to the water holding you up.

I drink fat-free milk. It tastes better.
I still need to be careful of that too, as fat-free milk still contains lactose... a milk sugar, which means carbs... the very thing I'm trying to limit.

The full explanation of how my diet works probably isn't really suited for RM, but feel free to PM me if you want me to tell you the specifics.

I probably will start swimming once I've lost a bit, but my diet is designed so that the body burns fat for fuel, so hopefully... if I can manage to stick to it... I can get down to the point where I can start swimming for exercise.

I hear swimming is the less stressful type of exercise on your body due to the water holding you up.
That would be nice.

True. But water also resists movement a lot, so it's effective too.
I still need to be careful of that too, as fat-free milk still contains lactose... a milk sugar, which means carbs... the very thing I'm trying to limit.
I don't drink milk too often so it's really not a problem.
The full explanation of how my diet works probably isn't really suited for RM, but feel free to PM me if you want me to tell you the specifics.
Nah. No need to. I think this is fine.

continues pushing away persistent thoughts of a Snorlax-sized Eevee
puts another ccokie in the DVD player.
the DVD player short-circuits

Back
Top Bottom