• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
It is, but the amount of data collection by the big names... YouTube, Facebook, Windows itself... is absurd.
Yes, but Facebook and YouTube were never meant to be platforms for kids under 13.

Now, I’m not absolving them completely of responsibility, they should have better ways of verifying a person’s age, but this shit starts at home.

Yes, but Facebook and YouTube were never meant to be platforms for kids under 13.
I know.

I'm not a privacy advocate, but I am an adult that doesn't like the idea of everything they do, think or feel being collected and sold to the highest bidder... ESPECIALLY BY MY OPERATING SYSTEM. (It's why I'm finally saying goodbye to Windows this year. I hope)

I think some of the stuff in coppa is decent and should be made into common law. I know the EU has already started moving that way with the GDPR.

As for children directly, I think it'd have worked better if children had their own accounts that the accounts themselves are marked as For Kids... and data collection features can be turned off on an account level and not a channel level.

What sort of dreams?
Well, I can’t say much about the first one because I don’t think it’s forum appropriate but it involved my face bleeding while I was looking into a mirror.
The second one was some of my favorite characters in various media (yes, including TRio) going on this long journey to rescue the baby dragon from the Dragon Prince from one of the main antagonists of that show (also one of my fave characters) and then they had a long journey back that went past midnight and they finally got back early morning. It was actually pretty interesting and I’m in the process of trying to write down everything I remember happening in a document.

In the third one, I was with my sister in a bounce house and my cousin and this old OC I made a long time ago challenged us to some sort of soccer game in it. I won the first round but I lost all of the following three and was banned from the bouncy house. Somehow though my sister was able to win every round I lost o_O

The fourth one, I was on this field trip with my senior year high school classmates. Half the time we were on a bus passing by a bunch of wild animals, mostly zebras and gemsbok but I know I saw a giraffe at one point (in North America? To be fair, I think we were passing by some zoo or National Park), the other half we were walking through a steep upward cavern that swirled a mountain and I had a blister.

---

And yeah, the COPPA situation sucks. It's really sickening seeing how they're treating content creators. I've seen how the stress of it has affected a lot of my favorite YouTubers (plus I hate not being able to read people's comments on scenes from shows I like (which COPPA's comment removal prevents) but this is about the content creators). Also whatever system they're using to determine what is or isn't for children is ridiculously incompetent. Like I haven't seen the latter of these but I heard that Happy Tree Friends and Don't Hug Me I'm Scared got marked as for kids. I want to mention that every video that gets marked as for kids now has an unremovable ad recommendation for YouTube Kids which I assume consists of everything they marked and would rather kids use. I think you can already connect the dots.

There's bound to be a lot of uproar and maybe even petitions against this whole thing.
Oh yeah, there is so much uproar about it. There are so many videos dedicated to just talking about it, videos that have to go out of their way that they are absolutely not for kids and bringing awareness to the new guidelines, petitions, hashtags, internet posts trashing it, the list goes on and on.

When you look at the amount of things being marked MFK turns off, you have to wonder what the [censored] is going on. I mean, I cannot add any of our videos to my own personal playlists that are private and not accessible to anyone but me... We lost the chat, we lost end cards, and many other things... Many of which I have to wonder what does it have to do with protecting children.
:lapras::bulbaFacepalm: I knew content creators lost their comment sections and their monetization but I didn't know it went that deep. I'm sorry about all you guys have had to lose. :(

Youtube should have a section where you can actually read content guidelines. Like what kinda content is striked. For stuff like Minecraft, Roblox, or even Nintendo, I think they need to be more detailed. Channels like Alpharad who makes Nintendo content but is in no way a channel I'd request for kids. Maybe 14 as the minimum age.

And then you have channels like Flamingo, KonekoKitten, Ruben Sim, and the old Albertsstuff channel that make Roblox content but I'd say they are not for kids at all, except Flamingo. But his content doesn't feel like it is aimed at kids

But, I feel like if a YouTuber get's sponsorships like MrBeast, then they shouldn't get the NFK sign. It's third party advertising, which is also illegal.

:lapras::bulbaFacepalm: I knew content creators lost their comment sections and their monetization but I didn't know it went that deep. I'm sorry about all you guys have had to lose. :(
Only targeted ads were lost, thankfully. BUT it still sucks because targeted ads are apparently worth a LOT more.

Doesn't mean anything to me since I don't run the Bulba channel though. I just contribute.

I mean, I think channels marked NFK should be given compensation since some make it their job. Like extra revenue per view. And that I feel like channels created that are 13 under should be locked on restricted mode until they hit 13. That way, the bad stuff get's filtered, the other stuff get's safe. But the main problem is that some videos/channels that are available on restricted mode have YouTube as their job, like JacknJellify.

The best advice I can give is to start swearing more I guess. Bulbapedia is for 13+ right?
Doesn’t work. Wouldn’t guarantee that YouTube would see our videos as any less for kids and we could end up getting busted for swearing in videos for kids.
It’s also not a great look for the Bulbastaff in general.

puts Mega Flareon in the washing machine, to get rid of that extra fluff
1564764756.otakuap_clean_flareon1.png

otakuap (Furaffinity)

Back
Top Bottom