• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I'm not very up to date with your playthrough at the moment but are you planning to do the contests?
Yes, but not until postgame. For the moment, my plan is to have a three star game.
1. Underground Platinum Flag - Done
2. Become Champion - In Progress
3. Defeat the Master Rank in at least one Contest - Postgame.

Yeah, overall I prefer XD more too as it's easier to raise your team and try out different pokemon, think both the Orre games are underated.
It's kinda unfair to me that GF refuses to acknowledge these games in the core series. Not a single reference to them has ever been made, AFAIK.

It's kinda unfair to me that GF refuses to acknowledge these games in the core series. Not a single reference to them has ever been made, AFAIK.
And pokemon traded to the main series games from them were simply referred to as being from a distant land rather than Orre which could have been done in games that followed these ones.

Last edited:
That’s because side games aren’t in the same canon/universe as the main games.
I respectfully disagree. It's possible to trade from Orre to the main games, indicating that they take place in the same universe. And you can transfer a Manaphy Egg from Pokémon Ranger to a main game. I think Sinnoh is outright mentioned in that game. I think the problem just is that GF doesn't want to acknowledge a Pokémon game not produced by them.

Also, I'm still confused. Why didn't you evolve?

I respectfully disagree. It's possible to trade from Orre to the main games, indicating that they take place in the same universe. And you can transfer a Manaphy Egg from Pokémon Ranger to a main game. I think Sinnoh is outright mentioned in that game. I think the problem just is that GF doesn't want to acknowledge a Pokémon game not produced by them.
You can trade to them, but the Pokemon is marked as coming from an unknown place. This is because the trade is literally breaking the fourth wall.

I believe Let's Go acknowledges Pokemon Go, despite Go being made by Niantic. (Though AFAIK Pokemon from Go to Let's go also count as coming from an unknown place due to fourth wall breaking)

I pushed the ‘B’ button.
That doesn't work for stone evolution.

You can trade to them, but the Pokemon is marked as coming from an unknown place. This is because the trade is literally breaking the fourth wall.
Incorrect. They're marked as coming from a "faraway place", not an "unknown place".
I believe Let's Go acknowledges Pokemon Go, despite Go being made by Niantic.
True, now that you mention it...
That doesn't work for stone evolution.
Then why didn't you evolve?

Incorrect. They're marked as coming from a "faraway place", not an "unknown place".
My point being that it's a broken fourth wall that allowed the trade to happen.

In literacy, breaking the fourth wall means that you're allowing the story to interact with reality.

Also worth pointing out that the anime is a separate canon to the games, but we got Ash-greninja in one of the gen 7 games.

Then why didn't you evolve?
No idea.

My point being that it's a broken fourth wall that allowed the trade to happen.

In literacy, breaking the fourth wall means that you're allowing the story to interact with reality.

Also worth pointing out that the anime is a separate canon to the games, but we got Ash-greninja in one of the gen 7 games.

No idea.
That may be the reason they don't aknowledge Orre but it doesn't need to exist in a seperate canon to the main series games as it could exist as a region in the main series without conflicting with canon.

That may be the reason they don't aknowledge Orre but it doesn't need to exist in a seperate canon to the main series games as it could exist as a region in the main series without conflicting with canon.
Perhaps, but that's up to Game Freak to sort out.

Personally, I think it'd be good if they incorporated those games into the main canon. Assuming the Shadow Pokemon thing doesn't make it mechanically impossible.

Back
Top Bottom