• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I can't believe I actually kind of like butterfree now

it's like alolan muk all over again
It and Alcremie are definitely my favorite Gigamax forms so I’m glad it’s growing on you. I definitely think it’s one of the more creative and well designed ones.

While I’ve always liked Alolan Muk, over time it’s become my favorite Alolan form (even though Alolan Vulpix line and Alolan Sandslash are awesome as well and really close) which is funny to me because while I never hated it (there are few Pokémon I really hate), Muk was always one I disliked. Funny how that works, huh?

Gmax eevee ,pika and butterfree
Munchlax,flareon, wooloo,mareep , whimsicot, lilpup, altaria .
HUUUUG MEEEE
* Cuddles with a bunch of Flareon, sheepies, Swablu, and Altaria *

It and Alcremie are definitely my favorite Gigamax forms so I’m glad it’s growing on you. I definitely think it’s one of the more creative and well designed ones.

While I’ve always liked Alolan Muk, over time it’s become my favorite Alolan form (even though Alolan Vulpix line and Alolan Sandslash are awesome as well and really close) which is funny to me because while I never hated it (there are few Pokémon I really hate), Muk was always one I disliked. Funny how that works, huh?
yeah gigantamax alcremie and gigantamax butterfree are by far the best gigantamax forms. All the others are stupid or ugly or uncreative in some way or another.

I used to dislike butterfree because as far as butterfly pokemon go, I thought it got too much attention, and that beautifly and vivillon deserved more admiration than it did. Its base form is relatively plain compared to beautifly and vivillon, both of which I find very pretty. But with its fancy new wings, I can't deny that gigantamax butterfree is every bit as pretty as its cousins. I noticed recently that it gets a bit chubbier too, which is cute.

I have the exact same opinion about alolan muk and vanilla muk, although I think I slightly prefer faticate. Alolan exeggutor is my third favorite alolan form, though I'm also fond of alolan sandslash, alolan raichu, and alolan marowak.

there's something I'm concerned about though. If I use a gigantamax butterfree, I'm going to want its hidden ability, tinted lens, on it. The ability is extremely important to its success. But gigantamax pokemon are supposedly rare as it is, am I going to be able to even find a butterfree that can not only gigantamax, but also has tinted lens? And only one person in a max raid battle gets to catch the gigantamax pokemon, right? What if I encounter the right butterfree only to have it stolen from me? And even if I manage to find the butterfree and secure its capture, what if it has a bad nature? What do I do then?

what if alcremie has a great hidden ability and I encounter the same problem with that pokemon, too?

I really hope this task isn't as impossible as it sounds, because as it stands, I'm incredibly intimidated and worried

the more I think about max raid battles, the more stupid the concept seems

how am I supposed to focus on teamwork when all I can think about is one of those dipshits stealing my pokemon right in front of my face and fucking me over

I'll refrain from casting my final judgement until I actually experience it for myself, but so far it seems stupid

That's why you should sabotage your teammates. I do it all the time and it means that you;re the best out of the best team, essentially making you the double best. But i don't feel like sabotaging my teammates today, i just got a pet wooloo.

That's why you should sabotage your teammates. I do it all the time and it means that you;re the best out of the best team, essentially making you the double best. But i don't feel like sabotaging my teammates today, i just got a pet wooloo.
I'm not sure if that will work

I was doing some research on how raid battles work, and I found this on the official site
If you manage to defeat a Dynamax Pokémon in a Max Raid Battle, you’ll get a chance to catch it for your team. Each participant in the battle will be able to throw one Poké Ball in an attempt to catch the Dynamax Pokémon. Victories in Max Raid Battles can reward you with many useful items, too!
it sounds like it might just be luck based who gets the pokemon

luck based
that's dumb. nagito and makoto will get all the alcremies. But it doesn't matter. I'm fine. I don't need the cake fairies.

that's dumb. nagito and makoto will get all the alcremies. But it doesn't matter. I'm fine. I don't need the cake fairies.
it seems possible that one would be able to enter a raid battle with only friends/acquaintances. If that's so, one could get three other people to agree to help them get the pokemon they want. Even if they ended up being the one to catch the pokemon, they could just trade it to the person they're assisting.

it seems possible that one would be able to enter a raid battle with only friends/acquaintances. If that's so, one could get three other people to agree to help them get the pokemon they want. Even if they ended up being the one to catch the pokemon, they could just trade it to the person they're assisting.
Well then Nagito better give me that Alcremie or else he'll wish he was never born

uee hee hee! I won't really do that. I'll just throws some spades. but he better give me the precious cake fairy

yeah gigantamax alcremie and gigantamax butterfree are by far the best gigantamax forms. All the others are stupid or ugly or uncreative in some way or another.

I used to dislike butterfree because as far as butterfly pokemon go, I thought it got too much attention, and that beautifly and vivillon deserved more admiration than it did. Its base form is relatively plain compared to beautifly and vivillon, both of which I find very pretty. But with its fancy new wings, I can't deny that gigantamax butterfree is every bit as pretty as its cousins. I noticed recently that it gets a bit chubbier too, which is cute.

I have the exact same opinion about alolan muk and vanilla muk, although I think I slightly prefer faticate. Alolan exeggutor is my third favorite alolan form, though I'm also fond of alolan sandslash, alolan raichu, and alolan marowak.
I will admit, I do think Charizard’s Gigamax form is pretty cool (even though it’s getting shoved in our faces again and getting another fancy new gadget while poor Venusaur, Blastoise, and most of the other Starters will be lucky if they even get into Galar, much less get a new form :mad:) and Corviknight always looks badass, I’m not liking any of the others and I have very conflicted feelings about Gigamaxed Meowth (if anything, I’m more happy/excited about that he’s going to be the gift Pokémon this time :bulbaLove:).

While I’ve never disliked Butterfree (and consider Caterpie really cute and likable), I agree that I’ve always liked Beautifly and Vivillion more, especially Vivillion (and Beautifly’s never going to beat Dustox for me, love that poison moth). Even as Kanto bugs go, I’ve always preferred Beedrill (especially with its bad*** Mega Evolution). This Gigamax form is actually making me want to use a Butterfree on a team (which is what a new form should do, making you think of trying Pokémon you’ve never used). I agree, the wings and the little butterflies that attack during Befuddle are very pretty. I actually didn’t notice that it’s chubbier, it’s actually kinda cute like this and really adds to the design.

Oh yeah, Alolan Raichu’s great too and I also like Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor. Alolan Rattata and Alolan Meowth are pretty cool too. :)

there's something I'm concerned about though. If I use a gigantamax butterfree, I'm going to want its hidden ability, tinted lens, on it. The ability is extremely important to its success. But gigantamax pokemon are supposedly rare as it is, am I going to be able to even find a butterfree that can not only gigantamax, but also has tinted lens? And only one person in a max raid battle gets to catch the gigantamax pokemon, right? What if I encounter the right butterfree only to have it stolen from me? And even if I manage to find the butterfree and secure its capture, what if it has a bad nature? What do I do then?

what if alcremie has a great hidden ability and I encounter the same problem with that pokemon, too?

I really hope this task isn't as impossible as it sounds, because as it stands, I'm incredibly intimidated and worried
I think some of the first 90 minute reviews mentioned that if someone catches a raid Pokémon, everybody gets it but yeah, I agree with the rest of your concerns. After the reveal trailer, I began considering if I’d want to catch a Caterpie on my team for Gigantamaxed Butterfree when I remembered that they’re most likely going to be contained within these raid battles so will I be forced to just catch a Butterfree at some random Raid Battle spot? How long will that take? But I like Caterpie and I enjoy raising my Pokémon to their final stage. Would I have to wait and try to find a Raid Battle spot for a Caterpie or do I catch one out in the wild and raise it into a Butterfree only to suddenly find a Gigantamax capable Caterpie/Butterfree later on? Do I suddenly have to give up my buggy child to get another it with a fancy upgrade?
I have a similar issue with Alcremie. This is a Pokémon that I definitely want on my team no matter what starter I choose with so many different little variations on it. Let’s say for scenario that all the variations can possibly be caught and I find a mint green Alcremie pretty early on in the game. Later on, I come across a Raid Battle spot with a Gigamax capable Alcremie. Do I ditch my new bestie for a new pink one that becomes a giant cake? What if it takes me a good chunk of the game to finally find Alcremie and the first one I find is a Raid Battle Alcremie but I don’t like this variation? :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom