• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I was trying to make it good, I just don't know how to do LCs. I mainly use mons with gimmicks like Shaymin so
...oh jeez

um

well

...I don't think there's a polite way of saying your team is fucking dogshit

I'm not even referring to your pokemon choices, since I'm aware you were just using what natalie gave you

I can rip into it if you want and give suggestions about how to make it less terrible, if you'd like

...oh jeez

um

well

...I don't think there's a polite way of saying your team is fucking dogshit

I'm not even referring to your pokemon choices, since I'm aware you were just using what natalie gave you

I can rip into it if you want and give suggestions about how to make it less terrible, if you'd like

Meh, I don't mind. You can help out. I am no means good at this at all, i'll take all the criticism I can get.

okay, let's do this. I'm assuming you're playing singles. You mentioned anything goes, which makes me think you're playing singles. If you're playing doubles, correct me and I'll rewrite this.
Primarina @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Sparkling Aria
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Hyper Voice
  • Ice Beam
Meowth @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Toxic
  • Fake Out
  • Protect
  • Detect
Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
  • Curse
  • Body Slam
  • Milk Drink
  • Rest
Piplup @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Whirlpool
  • Stealth Rock
  • Hydro Pump
  • Toxic
Donphan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Body Slam
  • Head Smash
  • Stone Edge
  • Roar
Ursaring @ Normalium Z
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Slash
  • Brick Break
  • Crunch
  • Belly Drum

first, primarina. Moonblast is superior to dazzling gleam in every way, having more base power and having a fairly high chance to drop sp. attack. Having both liquid voice hyper voice and sparkling aria is extremely redundant, since they both accomplish the exact same thing. The only difference is that hyper voice doesn't cure burn, which is a problematic side effect of sparkling aria....at least, it would be a problematic side effect if any pokemon on your team knew moves that caused burn. I'm actually going to suggest a move on another one of your pokemon that can cause burn, but even then, the likelihood of this effect screwing you over is low. Therefore, just use sparkling aria, and scrap hyper voice, and by extension liquid voice, altogether. Replace it with hydro pump, you definitely want that brute force for when sparkling aria isn't strong enough. You could replace ice beam with psychic, but it's not really a huge deal. Also, if you're running choice scarf, you want a timid nature and 252 speed EVs instead of HP EVs. I heavily question the point of a choice scarf on a slow mon that works best as a wallbreaker; choice specs would be far superior. You definitely want EVs in speed for a specs set too, since wallbreakers want to outrun the walls they are trying to break.

meowth is difficult to work with, since it's...well, meowth. And this isn't little cup. It's so frail that even with eviolite, it's bad at taking hits, so I'd replace it with a sash. I guess that's your call though, eviolite isn't completely without merit. Its offensive stats are awful too, so the only thing I can see it doing is annoying things with its speed. Perhaps hypnosis/taunt/u-turn/foul play. Knock off, toxic, fake out (if you use fake out, go with focus sash, max attack EVs, and technician), and body slam are fair options too. I don't see a reason to run protect on this thing, but if you did that, there's no reason to run detect too. Detect can fail if protect was used the previous turn, and vice versa.

you could use a curse set on miltank, but I think it's a poor idea, since its special bulk is so average (this is important, since it's the stat you're not patching up with curse; it's a curse user's more vulnerable side). If you want to use curse, move the defense EVs to sp. defense for this very reason. If you want to use a more practical set, the current nature and EVs are fine (I'd move the 4 attack EVs to sp. defense or speed, but that's really minor). Rest is a subpar form of recovery in most situations, and it's redundant with milk drink. Either toxic or thunder wave (you might wanna replace body slam with either return or seismic toss if you run twave) would be best off replacing rest, and heal bell would probably be best replacing curse. Normally I'd suggest stealth rock on miltank, but I'm not going to here, for reasons you'll see in ten seconds.

piplup is obviously hard to work with too, though it has more reasonable bulk than meowth. Therefore, I think eviolite would be better suited on it, with EVs poured into bulk. Since its stats are so poor, it should probably be your team's stealth rock user, since stealth rock isn't impacted by low offensive stats. Other status moves are also good for this reason. I'm feeling that stealth rock/defog/yawn/scald would be the ideal moveset since it's so stripped for options. If you're using rapid spin on donphan, you can use toxic over defog, since the purpose of both moves is to remove hazards the opponent sets. Rest/sleep talk/stealth rock/scald could work too, maybe. You could possibly use whirlpool over scald if you want.

the EVs and nature on donphan are fine, but the item and moveset have to go. Donphan is a tank, which means it's designed to take hits and dish them out; life orb is contrary to the former goal, so you'll want to replace it with an item that doesn't eat up its HP, probably leftovers. Earthquake is a necessity, for its sheer power. You can keep either stone miss or head smash, preferably the former, since head smash also clashes with donphan's goal to take hits. Roar isn't a bad move per se, but it tends to be more useful on more passive pokemon. You can keep it if you want, it could be a useful way to help stop setup sweepers from crushing your team, but donphan's decent power is likely sufficient for that job already. Knock off, ice shard, rapid spin, and maybe play rough, seed bomb, and a few other moves would be fine options for its moveset.

ursaring is far too slow to run a belly drum set. It doesn't even have priority. I really suggest a quick feet moveset for this one (if you didn't know, quick feet boosts speed by 50% when statused). Your team has literally no fast attackers on it (because let's be real, meowth isn't hurting anyfin), and with quick feet, max speed EVs, a jolly nature, and a toxic orb, ursaring reaches a speed equivalent to about base 106 speed. That's enough to outspeed mega pinsir, charizard, and more. It's not super fast, but it's respectable. As for the moveset, return, earthquake, crunch, and swords dance would definitely be ideal, although you could substitute earthquake for either cross chop or close combat if you so desired.

um, that's about all the advice I have for this team. Honestly, besides primarina, every pokemon here ranges from terrible to mediocre, so don't expect amazing results even with my advice. If you need any further explanation, let me know.

Last edited:
@TRNatalie
how chaotic was it to break into my house? please tell me about it while i cause chaos.

Welcome back, ME! You were on vacation, eh? Did you have fun?
I wasn’t actually on vacation. I was actually having the most chaotic week of my year, both in my personal/religious life and my work life.
I took a “vacation” from this thread, though.

Back
Top Bottom