• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
As the children eat their candy, Vaporeon gathers them all together and sits down, wearing his prince clothes.

I learned this tale in a distant kingdom that lies deep below the waves. Now let me share it with you.

Vaporeon starts gently playing a mandolin while telling the story in a sing-song voice.

There once was a land in times of yore, where legends and heroes were born. We speak of it in song and lore, for here the Eevees were formed. Through acts of valor and candor, they rose from humble beginnings to join with the elements themselves. Join me now in the land of Zeshea and I shall share with you a new tale.

In the days when life abounded, when the songs of seasons were first sung and the world was bright and young, there were no evolutions for the Eevee race. Beside the sea they lived in peace, harmony reigned and they warred with none. Food and water they did not lack, so they lived together in contentment and joy.

Peace cannot be truly cherished until one has known suffering, however. The day arose when powerful Pokemon looked upon this land and grew envious of the Eevees’ prosperity and abundance. With the speed of lightning, Pikachus struck. With the rage of the sea, Squirtles raided. With the bite of poison, Bulbasaurs ambushed. With the might of wind, Pidgeys bombarded.

A guardian arose, one known as Flare. With Quick Attack, he outsped the Pikachus. With Double Edge, he broke the Squirtles’ waves. With Iron Tail, he cut the Bulbasaur’s plants. With Swift, he shot down the Pidgeys. With boldness and bravery that blazed like the brightest flames, he vowed to protect the innocent and destroy the wicked, to never give in to fear or despair.

One day, a new Pokemon arrived, one whom no Eevee had ever seen. He stood upon two legs, his fur black and blue. A spike protruded from the back of his forepaws and a third was where his heart should have been. His eyes were the color of blood, his teeth sharp and dangerous. It was a Lucario, a mighty Pokemon to whom the Creator had bestowed the power of aura so that he could protect.

This Lucario wielded no aura, however, for he had chosen the path of wickedness and cruelty. He journeyed from village to village, using his power to steal and kill. None had ever been able to stand against his might, for his skin was armored with the stoutness of Steel and his strength augmented with the power of Fighting.

The Eevees came to welcome this new stranger with baskets of goods and invitations to rest. The Lucario answered them with brutal blows and demands to bow. He demanded they surrender their lands and serve his will. This land had angered him, for it was prosperous and full of joy. The weak did not deserve such wealth and abundance! The weak did not deserve to prosper more than himself!

“Begone from this village, for I have heard of your deeds,” proclaimed Flare. “You kill and steal for pleasure and greed! You destroy all you touch without mercy or restraint! You betrayed the purpose the Creator gave you! I give you one warning, a chance to flee. Begone from this village and never return, or I shall strike you down and end your wickedness once and for all.”

The Lucario bellowed with a laugh devoid of mirth. “You believe you can stop one to whom the Creator has bestowed the stoutness of Steel and strength of Fighting? You, who are so weak and small, believe you can harm me? I do not care what you say, for you cannot stop me. Surrender now and I shall kill you swiftly. Dare to fight me and I will make you watch your people perish.”

With a mighty cry of defiance, Flare leapt forward once more. The Lucario howled and the battle began. Across the city the pair fought, their fight fierce and unforgiving. Though Flare was brave and bold, the Lucario was strong and sturdy. Flare struck and dodged harder than ever before, but the might of his opponent was too great. No attack of his could pierce the stoutness of Steel while the strength of Fighting was something even he could not withstand.

Flare lay in the middle of the village, his body broken and too weary to continue. The Lucario stood triumphantly, his eyes gleaming with cruelty and murder.

“Give up, Eevee, for you cannot win. You cannot hope to match my might.”

To the shock of all, Flare began to stand. He drew himself to his feet and let loose a howl.

“I shall never back down in the face of evil. You may mock me and you may break me, but I will endure so others will not have to. Now face me or yield, for I shall never surrender!”

The Lucario screamed with rage. How dare this weakling defy him? How dare he show such bravery? How dare he refuse to bow? Again and again, he battered the guardian, but Flare refused to back down, his soul blazing with fiery determination. Again and again, Flare stood back up and faced his enemy. He could not win, but he refused to quit, for he knew that every minute he fought was another minute the Eevees lived.

Suddenly, a blinding light surrounded Flare, its greatness and majesty filling the village. The forces of the eighteen elements swirled around Flare in a vortex of unparalleled beauty and inconceivable power. From all directions came a voice who spoke in the tongue of the Firstborn.

You have shown courage and strength beyond compare. You have chosen to selflessly give all you have in the face of despair and fear. Now I bestow upon your race a gift, one which shall allow them to guard against evil for all eternity. They shall not wield one element, they shall not wield two. They shall not wield three, they shall not wield four. All of the elements shall be their inheritance, should they prove themselves worthy. You shall be the first of these and you shall use your element to protect. I grant you the gift of fire so you may be a guardian flame.

With these words, the light vanished. The Eevees gazed in awe, for Flare was no longer an Eevee! His fur, once the color of dirt and cream, was now the orange and yellow of a blazing fire. The air quivered from the heat of his body and Flare found that he was filled with strength once again.

“Who are you?” the Lucario questioned, unable to believe this could be the same Eevee he had just battered and beaten.

Flare stood firm and steadfast. “I am the light who brings hope to the innocent. I am the flame who brings fear to the wicked. You sought to use your strength to destroy me, but the Creator has granted me the strength to protect.”

The Lucario howled with rage and charged forward. Flare let loose a howl of his own and charged, flames coating his body. He reached for Double Edge, only to learn it had been transformed into Flare Blitz. He struck the Lucario and the beast let loose a scream of pain. His metal skin, though strong and sturdy, could not withstand the might of such great flames.

Flare took in a deep breath and reached for the flames he felt burning within his heart. They were the flames of righteous fury and his passion to protect. With a mighty breath, he unleashed Flamethrower. The Lucario’s last thoughts were ones of fear, for he knew what awaited him in the Everafter.

Never again would the Lucario terrorize another village. For all his days, Flare used his gift to protect the Eevees. When his time was up and death came for him, he unleashed his power in one final burst, a last gift to the Eevees. He placed his power within countless stones, creating the first Fire Stones.

His legacy belongs to those that protect the innocent, those who use their might to defend rather than destroy. Those who wield the flames have a responsibility to never misuse their power. Do not be like the Lucario who betrayed his purpose. Do not choose to back down in the face of evil, but face it even when despair and fear seem to be all there is. Choose to be the light who brings hope and shine brightly no matter what.

(Story by SpotBlur, DeviantArt)
flare__the_guardian_flame_by_koriarredondo_ddgmw9r-fullview.jpg

KoriArredondo (DeviantArt)

The children listen to the story eagerly, and clap once Vaporeon finishes it and bows.

Thank you. Thank you. But I have a couple more stories to share with you as well. Would you like to hear them too?

Last edited:
* Passes a bag with a mix of jelly beans and candy corn to each of the trick-or-treaters *

yeah, it's gr8. Whenever I get more money I'm definitely buying it.

you made your own mimikyu costume? Neat. You should take a picture of it and show it to us.
(Sorry it took a while but I had to repair it. A seam got caught on a door handle last year and got ripped. I’ve also lost the hat that went along with it. Also it’s not really good)

(If you look closely, you’ll see a little bit of the brown, Pikachu-like stick tail.)

* Passes a bag with a mix of jelly beans and candy corn to each of the trick-or-treaters *
The trick-or-treaters happily accept the candy and invite Pumpkaboo to come listen to Vaporeon's stories with them.
(Sorry it took a while but I had to repair it. A seam got caught on a door handle last year and got ripped. I’ve also lost the hat that went along with it. Also it’s not really good)
(When did this post happen? And that costume looks nice IMO!)

Hahaha, guess not everyone can handle the Beast of the Yeast!

...oh! Breaking news! Folks, we have an amazing development: as the Beast of the Yeast slithers towards the big city, its path has crust with a towering Siren Head, and it seems the two aren’t exactly getting pally with each other! Will the Beast of the Yeast rise to the challenge, or will it be served by our guest speaker? Stay tuned!

Do y'all think Gigamaxing and Dynamaxing will be legal for Smogon?
tips microphone back towards myself
Yes.

...and that concludes my brief interview with CosmicBlaine! Now back to the action!

Ooh, it seems like Siren Head’s attempt to cube our bread monster with its claws was all in vain, as the Beast of the Yeast has puffed up and pieced itself together again! But Siren Head is still going at it, and has just swatted Beast of the Yeast into another house, flattening it and everyone inside! Oh, could this get any more fun??

Back
Top Bottom