• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
In RM, everyone can be whatever they want. *turns ME into a door and finally closes the door*
Well, that was an open and shut case...
I agree with you about that... but at least Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma and Flare were interesting bad guys.
Swap out Flare with Skull and you’ve got my list of interesting bad guys.
I just didn’t enjoy fighting Team Flare...

Swap out Flare with Skull and you’ve got my list of interesting bad guys.
I just didn’t enjoy fighting Team Flare...
I'll clarify... I think the grunts themselves were dumb, and their outfits weren't the best... but I do think the overall villainous plot - even if it was the millionth time they've used the legendary thing - was interesting... and the conclusion of that story actually made me cry a little, TBH.

I'll clarify... I think the grunts themselves were dumb, and their outfits weren't the best... but I do think the overall villainous plot - even if it was the millionth time they've used the legendary thing - was interesting... and the conclusion of that story actually made me cry a little, TBH.
I wasn’t a massive fan of the story, but I get where you’re coming from.

Still, I tend to rate villainous teams on how much fun I have crushing them, which is part of the reason Team Skull ranks so highly. I just couldn’t get into fighting Team Flare.

Honestly, Team Plasma had the same issue when I first played through Black. But that’s because I wasn’t paying attention to the story. They just seemed like another generic evil team out to exploit a Legendary Pokémon, and it felt like I was always fighting them, which got tedious.
When I actually started paying attention to the story, I enjoyed fighting them more, and appreciated just how often they appeared, especially in comparison to previous evil team having one or two moments before the 7th Gym, then the 7th Gym happens, the villains launch their main evil plot, and we defeat them before the 8th Gym.
When I defeated Brycen the first time I played Black, and everyone got all up in arms about Team Plasma and the Dragonspiral Tower, I figured that would be it. We’d be done with them by the 8th Gym. It was more of same, and I got bored.

Boy was I wrong.

When I defeated Brycen the first time I played Black, and everyone got all up in arms about Team Plasma and the Dragonspiral Tower, I figured that would be it. We’d be done with them by the 8th Gym. It was more of same, and I got bored.

Boy was I wrong.
That was the moment when Team Plasma truly proved that their big speeches weren't all empty talk. And I like that. It encourages the player character to take them more seriously.

That was the moment when Team Plasma truly proved that their big speeches weren't all empty talk. And I like that. It encourages the player character to take them more seriously.
Again, I was very wrong, but the first time that I played through Black, I just stopped playing after the scene with the Shadow Triad outside of Brycen’s Gym.
After curiosity got the better of me, I watched an LP of Black/White, courtesy of SuperSkarmory (iirc), and realized what a terrible misjudgment I had made.

LPs brought me back into the Pokémon franchise, after I left following Ruby/Sapphire, and LPs helped me realize just how great Gens IV and V truly are.

Rating all evil teams

1: Plasma
2: Neo Plasma
3: Skull
4: Galactic
5: Rocket
6: Aqua
7: Magma
8: Team Rocket Johto
9: Yell
10: Flair
11: Aether Foundation
12: Macro Cosmos
AF and MC aren't villainous teams, not truly evil. It's just that their respective leaders were evil.

My favorites teams are Rocket and both versions of Plasma.
Again, I was very wrong, but the first time that I played through Black, I just stopped playing after the scene with the Shadow Triad outside of Brycen’s Gym.
After curiosity got the better of me, I watched an LP of Black/White, courtesy of SuperSkarmory (iirc), and realized what a terrible misjudgment I had made.

LPs brought me back into the Pokémon franchise, after I left following Ruby/Sapphire, and LPs helped me realize just how great Gens IV and V truly are.
The first Pokémon game I played was LeafGreen, and it was all thanks to an LP by a minor PokéTuber named FlamingRuby that that was the case. I must also thank the almighty Chuggaaconroy for introducing me to the Orre games and inspiring me to use Pokémon I would have never considered using otherwise.

I must also thank the almighty Chuggaaconroy for introducing me to the Orre games and inspiring me to use Pokémon I would have never considered using otherwise.
Chuggaaconroy is great. He was also a massive inspiration to me, and his LPs introduced me to a lot of games I wouldn’t have otherwise considered. I got into the Mother series and Luigi’s Mansion because of him.

It’s my hope, now that I’m starting up my own LPs, to one day have a collab with Chuggaaconroy, even if it’s for a bonus feature for our Platinum LPs (given his lack of follow through on Bonus videos, it’s entirely possible that I finish my Platinum LP before he finishes Battle Frontier stuff for his LP.)

It’s my hope, now that I’m starting up my own LPs, to one day have a collab with Chuggaaconroy, even if it’s for a bonus feature for our Platinum LPs (given his lack of follow through on Bonus videos, it’s entirely possible that I finish my Platinum LP before he finishes Battle Frontier stuff for his LP.)
I'd be happy to see that happening. With your amazing pun skills, I bet you two would get along very well.
*wonders if anyone can guess who I am*
Is that you, bro?

Probably. I hope so. It would be glorious.
I agree.

Speaking of Emile, he's done four Let's Plays since Black and White, and it's been about two years since that LP. Four LPs is the usual number of LPs he plays between his Pokémon Let's Plays these days, and Black 2 and White 2 take place two years after Black and White. Given these facts, I have a strong suspicion that his next LP will be of Black 2 and White 2.

Back
Top Bottom