• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
Partially?
A small question, why do you so frequently jump onto discussion just to ask a question or write a vague 'I guess so...'

Like that one time you paid a visit to a thread discussing Ash morall limits just to ask a question... You know, people tend to expect more contribution from a guy who's so willing to participate, so I'm just curious.

I posted it like seconds after you replied to Natalie's post.
You guys posted nearly at the same time. By that point, he probably would’ve been working on his Smogon team.

Yeah, I was planning on updating a bit. I won my first game with it thoug
I’m glad the Pokémon I suggested worked out well for you, CosmicBlaine. I admit I said the first Pokémon that popped into my head and I’m glad they made a good competitive team.

A small question, why do you so frequently jump onto discussion just to ask a question or write a vague 'I guess so...'

Like that one time you paid a visit to a thread discussing Ash morall limits just to ask a question... You know, people tend to expect more contribution from a guy who's so willing to participate, so I'm just curious.
shrug

You guys posted nearly at the same time. By that point, he probably would’ve been working on his Smogon team.
Sorry. I've just always been eager to participate in things I see as enjoyable and was worried that the lack of response was him having missed my post. I hope my suggestion can also make something good. I didn't know that I was supposed to suggest a competitive team, so I literally did what he asked and listed the first six Pokémon that popped up in my head.

How's my team suggestion coming along, @CosmicBlaine?

I made the team, thanks @TRNatalie

Primarina @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Sparkling Aria
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Hyper Voice
  • Ice Beam
Meowth @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Toxic
  • Fake Out
  • Protect
  • Detect
Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
  • Curse
  • Body Slam
  • Milk Drink
  • Rest
Piplup @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Whirlpool
  • Stealth Rock
  • Hydro Pump
  • Toxic
Donphan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Body Slam
  • Head Smash
  • Stone Edge
  • Roar
Ursaring @ Normalium Z
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Slash
  • Brick Break
  • Crunch
  • Belly Drum
one thing I suggest is getting rid of is donphan's stone edge. It's very redundant with head smash, since they have the same type and all. You should replace it with a more useful move. I recommend odor sleuth, as it gives you the benefit of finding out what the opposing pokemon smells like. Not only that, but if it uses it enough times, the opposing pokemon might get uncomfortable being sniffed so much and run away, increasing your chance of victory. I also recommend fury swipes over slash on ursaring. Even though slash has a high critical hit ratio, fury swipes is actually more likely to crit, since it can hit up to five times. This is extremely important. Definitely put power trip on piplup somewhere. If a pokemon lowers its stats three times, it will reach +6 attack, and power trip will have 140 bp. This could be achieved if, say, a foe used captivate on it three times. Since piplup is fairly cute, opponents will most likely use captivate on it a lot. Lastly, definitely replace either sparkling aria or hyper voice on primarina with amnesia, so it can rid its mind of all the trauma and humiliation that's going to come with you losing almost every battle.

Back
Top Bottom