• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
2915343_0.jpg
AARc9St7gx-11.png

Artist unknown

Planning ahead is good as it avoids making mistakes, I wasted a good Earthquake TM in Colosseum yesterday by rushing and not thinking.
I mean, I’m just trying to figure out how to parse episodes. What I want to accomplish in each one.

I mean, I’m just trying to figure out how to parse episodes. What I want to accomplish in each one.
Sounds like a good idea, Platinum has a lot of side quests to get through alongside the main game too. I'm not very up to date with your playthrough at the moment but are you planning to do the contests?

Ouch...

Colosseum's level scaling gets kinda ridiculous at the end, doesn't it?
Yeah, Colosseum is really bad in this regard, I've been getting away with punching above my weight so far when it comes to levels and have gotten to the point of having just beaten Ein in the lab but am going to have to spend a lot of time leving up on Mt Battle now to get my pokemon close to the levels of the opposition.

Yeah, Colosseum is really bad in this regard, I've been getting away with punching above my weight so far when it comes to levling and have gotten to the point of having just beaten Ein in the lab but am going to have to spend a lot of time leving up on Mt Battle now to get my pokemon close to the levels of the opposition.
I once watched a Let's Play of Colosseum where it was pointed out that, starting from around the Mt. Battle takeover, the plot begins to move on much faster, because Venus is in the next main area after that, then Ein is in the next main are after that, and then you're suddenly in the final area, which features a boss rush, including Ein, whom you just beat. It's like they ran out of patience while writing the plot and just rushed everything from Miror B. onwards.

I once watched a Let's Play of Colosseum where it was pointed out that, starting from around the Mt. Battle takeover, the plot begins to move on much faster, because Venus is in the next main area after that, then Ein is in the next main are after that, and then you're suddenly in the final area, which features a boss rush, including Ein, whom you just beat. It's like they ran out of patience while writing the plot and just rushed everything from Miror B. onwards.
Not sure but think it's kind of because Colosseum was a mix between a Stadium-like 3D battle game for the GBA pokemon games and the RPG story mode was something they tacked on so it was short. The story mode was popular though so they made the sequel Gale of Darkness which is heavily focused on the RPG side and has much better pacing, length, level scaling and pokemon availablity. I do think Colo does the darker themes better with it's story and asthetics though as Gale of Darkness is a bit lighter in tone.

Not sure but think it's kind of because Colosseum was a mix between a Stadium-like 3D battle game for the GBA pokemon games and the RPG story mode was something they tacked on so it was short. The story mode was popular though so they made the sequel Gale of Darkness which is heavily focused on the RPG side and has much better pacing, length, level scaling and pokemon availablity. I do think Colo does the darker themes better with it's story and asthetics though as Gale of Darkness is a bit lighter in tone.
Yeah. I knew that. The Story Mode's popularity probably came as quite of a surprise to the developers. I personally like XD more, although I do also appreciate the darker themes Colosseum featured.

Yeah. I knew that. The Story Mode's popularity probably came as quite of a surprise to the developers. I personally like XD more, although I do also appreciate the darker themes Colosseum featured.
Yeah, overall I prefer XD more too as it's easier to raise your team and try out different pokemon, think both the Orre games are underated.

Back
Top Bottom