• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Random Messages Episode X

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno y u gotta pain 2nyt
Reaction score
The best way to teach Russian pronunciation would be through the IPA. Russian sounds really do not mix with Latin script
That's actually brilliant. I wish my teacher would have done that. :U Let's ignore the fact that I learned the Cyrillic alphabet the summer before I took the class.
Does it help with sounds that are formed in sequences of letters? (I really don't know, as I have never learned Russian pronunciation that way, and in my studies of all of English, French and Swedish sounds were coming before the letter combinations)
Huh? I don't really know. I taught myself the sounds and the letters by looking at a chart that compared the sounds of both languages. ^_^;

While we're on the subject, my Russian studies made me realize how difficult learning English must be for non-English speakers. @[email protected]

Pronounced "alek-sEi"
Reaction score
The best way to teach Russian pronunciation would be through the IPA. Russian sounds really do not mix with Latin script
That's actually brilliant. I wish my teacher would have done that. :U Let's ignore the fact that I learned the Cyrillic alphabet the summer before I took the class.
Does it help with sounds that are formed in sequences of letters? (I really don't know, as I have never learned Russian pronunciation that way, and in my studies of all of English, French and Swedish sounds were coming before the letter combinations)
Huh? I don't really know. I taught myself the sounds and the letters by looking at a chart that compared the sounds of both languages. ^_^;

While we're on the subject, my Russian studies made me realize how difficult learning English must be for non-English speakers. @[email protected]
The difficulty actually varies depending on the native language and age of the learner. It's one thing to learn English for someone whose native language is Dutch pr Swedish, and a completely different thing to do so forsomeone who is speaking Russian or Japanese. The difference in the structure is drastic. This is why when you hear Russians speaking English, you will not usually hear decent grammar with only occasional mistakes, like mine, but you will rather hear people speak Russian with English words.

And age is obvious

literal shrubbery
Reaction score
Hon hon
Baguettes cigarettes

I'm fond of European accents in general

Status
Not open for further replies.