• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages Hits The Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CdD5CaD6Cd
Must... go into the cave...
i need rocks
Ignoring your injuries, you press on into the cave, with the big guy leading the way. He takes you to a small stream that runs through the cave. There you can see the remains of several bats and other creatures strewn around the room, as well as other signs that the place was once inhabited, such as lumps of candle wax on the ground.
"I found this place completely by accident," the big guy says, "it looks like someone was living here for quite some time, but I've never seen them."
Intrigued by the mystery, you and your friends talk among yourselves to try to determine what to do. At this point, though, you are significantly winded, and will probably collapse into unconsciousness if you do not take some sort of break to treat your injuries. What do you do?

a) carry on anyway, after all it's just a flesh wound.
b) take a break and sit on that convenient looking outcropping in the wall over there.
c) explore the cave chamber to search for clues, but take it easy so you don't collapse.
d) flee from the cave since, as it has become abundantly clear, this is an elaborate trap.

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CdD5CaD6Ce
If in doubt, search for the C.
You notice a discrepancy in the list of options. Instead of doing the smart thing, not pissing off the author, and letting it be, you tap on the fourth wall and attract the author's attention.
"What do you want?" grumps the author, looking fairly cranky.
"Well, I noticed that you missed option c over here," you say, "what gives?"
"What gives?" asks the author, wrathfully, as lightning flashes in the background followed shortly thereafter by the loud rumbling of thunderclaps, "YOU DARE ASK ME WHAT GIVES?!"
Nonplussed, you nod somewhat meekly.
Instantly, the thunder and lightning stop and the author smiles.
"Congratulations," he says, opening his arms out wide, "you win."
"Win what?" you ask, somewhat warily, the author is a known trickster.
"Everything," replies the author, mysteriously, just before he vanishes.

Suddenly, you find yourself the ruler of an alien planet and a hero of Earth, having saved it from an alien invasion.
You've also discovered lost buried treasure from a sunken pirate ship, and had an archipelago named after you.
Furthermore, your friend, on whom you have had a crush for the longest time, has confessed their feelings for you and you are named temporary webmaster of Bulbagarden while Archaic takes a week long vacation.
You also find the body of an old smuggler, who had gotten lost in a cave in which he had concealed a shipment of rare gemstones he had pilfered, as well as the gemstones themselves.
You also become ruler of the monkey tribe on a nearby island, and, overall, had the best day of your entire life.

Who knew that the missing option c was "get all of the good endings?"
Well, now you know, and it feels pretty satisfying.

THE END!

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CdD5CaD6CdD7Cb
What could possibly go wrong?
You sit on the convenient looking outcropping, which, as it turns out, is a trap. You fall into a spiked pit and are immediately killed.

GAME OVER!

Post Game Question Time!
I think we'll end things off here, guys. I never really had an exact duration that I wanted the game to last for, but mysterious option c seems to be as good of an ending place as possible, plus we get one more gag reel afterward.

A few questions for y'all about this style of game:
1. Would you like to see more games like this in F&G in the future?
2. Did you enjoy your time here?
3. What improvements could be made to have made this a better experience for you lot?
4. What other types of events do y'all envision happening in this section?
5. Were the various storylines easy to follow using the threadmark system?

Positively!
Yeah... it ran a bit short, methinks.
3. What improvements could be made to have made this a better experience for you lot?
Not that it needs improved...

...but what about the occasional fill-in-the-blank option? :D
Little bitta fun. Little bitta games.
Yeah

Well...that's pretty much it. This thing's been fun!

A few questions for y'all about this style of game:
1. Yes, yes I would.
2. Yes, yes I did.
3. If it's not to much trouble, perhaps there could be some indication when an option has been picked in the post said option appears in rather then sifting through many, many pages. Bolding, underlining and italicising would all be good options, though that would require someone to actually go through all those posts and such, so...
4. Perhaps some type of Pokémon journey or something I dunno.
5. No, no they were not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom