• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse the wait, I had a haircut and family dinner. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

If you so insist I claim, then I will do so. I'm a Jack-of-all-trades, with 1 each Doctor, Vigilante, and Commuter. I already used my Doctor save on Max, the Night after he claimed, but that turned out pointless.
You've been voting Hellcrow and despite that you didn't feel confident enough to use your vig kill? Why?

And I just realized I forgot to mention how nice Rarity's design is in my last post.

Also I should get into the sonic games outside the originals.

I imagine that right now you’re feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole. Reasonable concern, but seeing how the Trolls had already discovered our Cop and Doctor, I figured they might have found out my role, too. Since I have but one shot, the Trolls might predict I'd use it after my personal suspicions went unnoticed, and assuming Hellcrow is indeed scum, they might use protective measures so I'd waste the kill as well. I'm trying to go for timing hard to predict by the Mafia, but now by saying this, I've cemented that I shouldn't use it on Hellcrow.

@TheCapsFan How about speaking up.

A bit busy, apologies. They don't call this hell week for nothing.

But I will say, I don't really trust either of your claims. There's already one town JOAT, and yours is waaaaay too easy of a fakeclaim for scum to make, Mido.

DAY 6 VOTE COUNT - MID

Hellcrow II (Max1996, MegaPod12)

Day 6 will end in 24 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 7 players alive, 5 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

With 7 players alive, the game is in a state of LYLO (Lynch or Lose). If town doesn't lynch correctly today, they may lose the game.

Outside communication is prohibited for the duration of this phase.

A bit busy, apologies. They don't call this hell week for nothing.

But I will say, I don't really trust either of your claims. There's already one town JOAT, and yours is waaaaay too easy of a fakeclaim for scum to make, Mido.
And how about you claim?

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't like pinkie pie.

Click here to meet russian singles in your area!
Don't have much to say, honestly. This game's a bit confusing for my taste.
If someone could fill me in on role claims it would be much appreciated

The update post for this phase may be posted a bit late (unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs).
Votes will still lock at the designated time, which is about 15 hours from now.

Night 6: Seeing the Light

DAY 6 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

Skullcrow II (Max1996, MegaPod12)

Night 6: Seeing the Light

The following morning, Enzap, Scarlet Sky, and Maniacal Engineer were sitting in the conference room, waiting to start their morning meeting.
ME blearily checked his watch.
"He's five minutes late," he said, sounding surprised, "most unusual."
"Do you think something has happened to him?" asked Sky.
"Most likely," said Enzap, "he's always very punctual."
"Should we start a search for him?" asked ME, yawning, his sleep schedule having been thrown off due to excessive sedation the day before.
"Yes," affirmed Enzap, "but keep it among ourselves for now. We don't want to unnecessarily panic the regular users."
The other two nodded in agreement. After banning jackatlasred and putting an end to the spambot incursion, it had seemed like peace was finally going to return to RM.
"In the meantime," continued the Section Head, turning to ME, "did you have any luck attempting to access Zexy's computer last night?"
ME shook his head.
"Nope," he stated, "our encryption was too difficult to crack."
"A pity," said Sky, "if there were more Trolls, we could have used Zexy's program to find them easily..."
"True," said Enzap, "but there is no confirmation that there are any Trolls. For all we know, Caps could just be stuck in the staff bathroom."
"Happens to the best of us," said ME, stifling a laugh.
The mods agreed to go looking for Caps.
Sky would head for Caps's home, while Enzap would go searching in the staff bathroom.
ME, meanwhile, would wander around to RM's hot spots and see if Caps was lurking in any of them.

Sky walked briskly down the streets from the office building to the apartment complex where Caps resided. On a whim, he ducked into an alleyway, thinking that it would make a nice shortcut. As he walked through the alley, he noticed that there was a suspicious pile of garbage along one of the sides. He kicked at the pile, dislodging some of the debris and revealing a cold hand.
Digging a little deeper, he discovered the body of TheCapsFan.
Sky immediately pulled out his cellphone and dialed Enzap.

Maniacal Engineer was snooping around the lava-tory, when his cellphone rang. It was Enzap.
"What can I do for you, boss?" asked ME, sidestepping around charred remains and bubbling lava.
"Sky found Caps's remains," said Enzap, "in an alleyway near his apartment."
"Guess he never made it home last night," said ME, climbing over to the toilet mounted on the ceiling.
"We've got no choice but to go public with this information," said Enzap, "meet us in front of the town hall in fifteen minutes."
"Fifteen minutes?" gripped ME, "the lava-tory is at least half an hour from the town hall."
"You'll find a way to get there," said Enzap, hanging up.
ME sighed, and began his treacherous journey through the plumbing.

Fifteen minutes later, the three remaining moderators stood in front of a crowd gathered at the town hall. The press arrived, and Enzap began the announcement.
"Ladies and gentlemen," he said solemnly, "it is my duty to inform you all that, this morning, we discovered that our very own TheCapsFan was banned last night on his way home from work."

The users began whispering to each other loudly following this statement.
"But I thought jack was defeated," said Max1996.
"Looks like he wasn't the only Troll," replied MegaPod12.
"That's two moderators they've managed to ban," whispered Kazekage.
"If even the mods aren't safe, who can protect us?" wondered AnimePsyclone.

Enzap cleared his throat, and silence prevailed.
"Let me assure you all that we are taking all necessary precautions for dealing with this threat," he said, "and meanwhile we are still looking into ways of reversing the bans on those who have already been attacked."
He looked around at the assembled crowd.
"We will find who is responsible for this, and we will make sure that they cannot harm anyone else," he assured them, "but we do need your help. If you notice any suspicious behavior, Report it. Let us know what's going on so that we can help."

After taking a few brief questions, the press conference ended, and the mods retreated into their offices to discuss strategies for dealing with this new threat.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Cloud, who had remained largely silent during this whole series of events, fell under suspicion.
"You know, he really hasn't said much," remarked Elementar, "but he's been around a lot recently."
"I've noticed the same thing," concurred Ereshkigal, "it is certainly suspicious."

A few of the users Reported Rainbow Cloud, because of his silence.
Looking over the Reports, Enzap's brow furrowed.
"I don't believe that RC would be capable of doing this," he said, "but the users have spoken."

Contacting Shiny Celebi, Enzap requested that she ban Rainbow Cloud, which she promptly did.

Dear Ereshkigal, you are Rainbow Cloud
4444dc9f6f140eff8105fa482a3bc8d9

Help, we're on the run from a psycopathic curry man :D

You tend to come and go in RM. As a result, you are the 2x Commuter. Twice in the game, during the night, you may leave the town; this prevents you from posting for the rest of the phase but also makes you immune to all night actions.

You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive

It is now Night 6. It will end in 24 hours unless night actions are locked in a way that would lead to an inevitable outcome.

Post restrictions are now lifted.

Outside communication is now allowed again.

Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls

Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls

With Rainbow Cloud's banning hanging over everyone's head, the regular users worried about the state of their beloved F&G section, and the Random Messages thread.
It seemed as though the unknown Trolls were completely unstoppable, and that not even the sectional staff were safe against this sinister threat.

Most users stayed home that night, hoping to be safe indoors from the Troll's attack. However, Kazekage, having received an anonymous tip regarding the identity of the person who had gotten his brother banned, headed out that evening. Glancing around and eyeing his surroundings with the skills of a ninja, he arrived at his destination unscathed and unaccosted.

Kazekage opened door of the RM bar, and quickly ducked inside. The bar was empty, save for Pikochu, who was never one to be denied his beer, and Lord Dragelsnart.
Kazekage approached the bar, and Snart looked up hopefully.
"Was anybody here looking for me?" asked the ninja.
"Yes, in fact," replied Snart, "he requested one of our private booths. If you will follow me, please."
Snart led Kazekage down a hallway in the back of the bar and stopped before one of the doors.
"You contact is inside," he said, simply, and walked away.
Hesitantly, Kazekage pushed open the door, ready for a potential ambush, and glanced inside.
To his relief, he saw Maniacal Engineer staring out the window, a glass of Hibiki Japanese whiskey in his right hand, a flash drive in his left hand, and his back facing the ninja.
"Sit down, Kazekage," requested ME, turning to face the newcomer.
The ninja obliged.
ME took a sip of his whiskey and sat down as well. Silence prevailed for a few moments before impatience got the better of Kazekage.
"You said in your message that you knew who was responsible for my brother being banned," he blurted.
The mad scientist stared at him for a few moments.
"As a matter of fact, I do know," he confirmed.
"Who was it?" demanded Kazekage.
"Well," said ME coyly, "technically it was jackatlasred. His spambots hacked your brother's account."
Kazekage did not look amused. ME sighed.
"However," he continued, "jack and his spambots must have received help, because the spambots on their own could not have hacked a user's account."
"And you know who helped them?" inquired Kazekage.
"That I do," confirmed ME, brandishing the flash drive, "it's all here, on this flash drive."
"Who was it?" demanded Kazekage, once again.
ME smiled an evil and maniacal smile.
"Why, it was ME, of course," he revealed.
Ever alert, Kazekage stood up and hurled several shuriken at the Trollish moderator, however, with robotic like reflexes, ME raised his bionic left arm and caught them midair.
Confined to the small room, Kazekage was forced into a defensive position, but ME had the advantage.
He twirled the shuriken that Kazekage had thrown and sent them right back at Kazekage, pinning him to the wall.
As ME approached with the sinister flash drive, he smirked.
"Now, at last, we have won," he gloated.

Dear Max1996, you are Kazekage
85090.jpg

Initiate "illshowthemall.exe"...

Six Paths is your brother, so you are sure he's not a Troll. As a result, you are the Mason. You share an official QT where you can chat with <player> and both of you are confirmed Non-Trolls to each other.

You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive

Looking down at his handiwork, Maniacal Engineer pulled out his cellphone and dialed.
Enzap picked up.
"Good news, I trust?" asked the Section Head.
"The best news, boss," replied the mad scientist, "we've won."
"Excellent," said Enzap, "a pity jack couldn't be with us for this victory, but you and I both know that he was looking to betray us at his earliest convenience."
"Agreed," said Engie, "so, now that this section is ours, what would you like to do with it, boss?"
"Whatever we want to, ME," said Enzap, laughing evilly, "whatever we want to..."

Dear TheCapsFan, you are Enzap
38737.jpg

*Enzap flops around*

You are using your Section Head powers to cover your trollishness, so no one suspects you of really being a troll. As a result, you are the Godfather. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Non-Troll" result, although you are allied with the Trolls.
Meanwhile, you are using your Section Head position to get info for your fellow trolls, so you are also a Rolecop. Once per night, you can select a player and attempt to figure out their role.
Your Section Head position also lets you ban someone you wish despite what the regulars voted for, so you are also a 1x Lynch Redirector. Once in the game, in a day phase, you may select a person and the lynch will be forced on that person despite the votes in-thread.
Finally, because of your status as Fun and Games staff, you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.

You are allied with the Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive or nothing can prevent this from happening
Dear MegaPod12, you are Maniacal Engineer
78329.jpg

Again with the Sockpuppets!
If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was something fishy going on here!

*looks over at the company fish tank*
I'm watching you, fish...

Being an engineer, you have invented some useful machines. As a result, you are the Jack-Of-All-Trades. Once per night you can use up to one of the following powers, but only once each:

Encryptor: Disables all outside communication except the mafia chat for the next dayphase.
Post Restricter: Gives each player in the game a random post restriction for the next three phases.
Role Thief: Select a player and attempt to steal their role; if they have a night action, you may use it in a following night, alongside any other power of yours.

Because of your status as Fun and Games staff, you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.
Finally, if Enzap gets eliminated, you will become the next Fun and Games Section Head, so you are the Enzap Inheritor. If Enzap gets eliminated, you inherit his Godfather and Rolecop powers as well as the 1x Lynch Redirector power if he hasn't used it already.

You are allied with the Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive or nothing can prevent this from happening

The following morning, the RM regulars awoke to find themselves swarmed by bats and accosted by robots. Resistance against the Trolls was not permitted. Anyone who dared to defy Enzap or Maniacal Engineer was instantly banned. The Trolls were victorious.

Dear Yours Truly, you are Scarlet Sky
29937.jpg

Fun fact: joining Eznap's army is not optional. It's conscription. He is amassing a military force to overthrow Bulbagarden and make it Eznapgarden.
It'll be a dystopia UTOPIA in which everyone has to listen to a 24 hour feed of him reciting his bad MAJESTIC poetry and doing horrible BEAUTIFUL karaoke. Also your lunch money will be funneled to the great overlord himself without any input on your part. In the event you do not have lunch money, your clothes and other belongings will be sent his way instead.

You can use your moderator powers to avoid death. As a result, you are the 1x Deathproof. You may survive the first attempt at your life.
Also, because of your status as Fun and Games staff, you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.

Dear CheffOfGames, you are Max1996
75478.jpg

Actual logic being used in RM!? BURN THE WITCH, THEN BAN HIM/HER!

You are a bit trollish at times. As a result, you are the Miller. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Troll" result, although you are allied with the Non-Trolls.
Being somewhat trollish, you enjoy talking with other trollish people, so you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.
Finally, because of your Team Magma Leader Maxie persona, you may stop players from performing their actions, so you are the 1x Roleblocker. One night in the game, you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their night action(s), if they have such

Dear AussieEevee, you are MegaPod12
87875.jpg

NO ONE MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS

*applies Scotch tape to the mouths of every RM 13 participant*

You are a bit trollish at times. As a result, you are the Miller. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Troll" result, although you are allied with the Non-Trolls.
Being somewhat trollish, you enjoy talking with other trollish people, so you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.
Finally, because of you being Mega, you are the 1x Bulletproof. You may survive the first kill attempt at your life.

THE TROLLS HAVE WON THE GAME! CONGRATULATIONS!
@TheCapsFan @MegaPod12 @Pikochu @jdthebud

Just to clear things up, it is endgame because with 5 players alive mafia could just use 1x Lynch Redirector and get in equal numbers with town.

Trolls' Triad 'o' Terror - Mafia Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Super Secret Staff Section Stuff - Neighborhood Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting
We're The Millers - Neighborhood Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Brother Power - Mason Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the setup and its balance?
What did you think of Maniacal Engineer's flavor text?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Would you participate in Random Messages 2.5 Mafia (where 14 characters that didn't appear this game would appear)?
Would you participate in Random Messages 3 Mafia?
Would you participate in more Bulbagarden Mafia Universe games?

I'd hold off on answering the FT question for now, folks, because I'm not nearly done yet.
First and foremost, there are seven "missing scenes" which occur during the events of the story that explain or expand upon certain events within the story.
Second of all, we still don't know who was responsible for the initial attack on Enzap and Maniacal Engineer, so I will write both a prologue and and epilogue for this thread.
Lastly, there is bonus content, which will be various FT not used due to action changes, and a few random scenes that would have been interesting to write, such as Enzap's banning and Maniacal Engineer's ascension to Section Head, Maniacal Engineer getting banned, and some other stuff.

I can't promise that I will have all of this written within 72 hours, so keep watching the thread even after it is archived.

Missing Scene #1: A Deal with the Devil
In the meantime, I will leave you all with this:
Missing Scene #1: A Deal with the Devil
As one, Maniacal Engineer and Enzap awoke in the RM hospital. As the world swam back into focus, they stared at each other for a moment.
ME raised an eyebrow, to which Enzap nodded.
Both stood up, somewhat shakily, and left their room.
Having disabled the emergency alarm, Maniacal Engineer and Enzap walked out the hospital's back door and into the chilly early evening air. They strode purposefully down the side streets, avoiding other users as the continued their jaunt through the labyrinth of RM's downtown district.
Finally, after a few twists and turns, they arrived at their destination, the Troll Tower, headquarters for the Troll Alliance.
Built in RM13 by the new leader of the Troll Alliance after Maniacal Engineer had renounced Trolling, the Troll Tower symbolized that the Troll Alliance had not fallen, and that its new leader, jackatlasred, would issue in a new era of Trolling the likes of which had never been scene before.
State of the art, thanks to some technology that ME had accidentally left in the old Troll HQ, the tower had a highly advanced security system. As such, before Enzap could even ring the doorbell, the moderator duo was greeted by a horde of spambot guards.
"I see we were expected," quipped Enzap.
Maniacal Engineer checked his watch.
"We don't have time for this," he grumbled.
"True," sighed Enzap, looking directly into the nearest camera, "jack, we'd like a word."

On the top floor of the Troll Tower, sitting at his ornate desk, the current leader of the Troll Alliance paused for a moment, and then pushed a button.
Instantly, the spambots backed off, and the front door clicked open. The mods stepped inside and walked to the other end of the fancy reception hall to the gilded express elevator at the back of the room.
Although it required a security clearance, ME quickly bypassed it, allowing himself and Enzap to ascend to the top floor.

When they arrived, jack was reclining in his swivel chair, his booted feet lazily sitting atop his desk, clearly trying to show that he was not intimidated by the presence of the two former leaders of the Troll Alliance.
"May I offer you two some spam?" asked jack, offering the mods a silver platter piled high with the processed foodstuff.
They shook their heads and took seats opposite jack.
"Well now," continued the leader of the spambots nonchalantly, "I must say that this is certainly a surprise. What can I do for you, gentlemen?"
"Blatantly put, jack, we're here to take back what's ours," said ME.
"Interesting," remarked jack, steepling his fingers, "I thought you two had renounced Trolling."
ME snorted.
"Please," he scoffed, "it's in our blood."
"Besides," added Enzap, "it never really sat well with me how soundly we were defeated last time."
"True," said jack, "but why would you choose to return to the fold now?"
"The timing felt right," said ME, shrugging.
"After the attempt on our lives, we've gained a certain amount of sympathy from the regular users," said Enzap, "we can capitalize on that because nobody will suspect us of being behind the attempt on our own lives."
"I take it then that you two intend to usurp the leadership of the Troll Alliance back for yourselves?" said jack, casually.
"Not really," said ME, "while we will be running things covertly, you will still publicly maintain the position of leader of the Alliance."
"...so you're making me a figurehead?" said jack, "or potentially a scapegoat."
"No, jack," said Enzap, "we just want our revenge for being defeated last time. Once that's over, it's all yours again."
jack looked back and forth between the two mods. ME was looking slightly bored and disinterested, but Enzap was making funny faces at him every time they made eye contact.
Finally, the spambot sighed.
"Very well," he said, "we are agreed."
"Excellent," said ME, pulling out a flash drive from his pocket, "then take this as a token of our cooperation."
jack took the drive suspiciously.
"What is it?" he inquired.
"A patch that will upgrade your spambots, allowing them to hack into other user's accounts," replied the mad scientist, "came up with it one day, while I was bored."
"What good will that do?" asked jack.
"When the mods see that someone's account has been hacked by spambots, they ban the account," replied Enzap, "it's basically a means of banning other users without actually getting our own hands dirty, like last time."
As jack stared at the flash drive, he got a hint of a glint in his eyes, something ME noticed right away.
"Before you get any stupid ideas," he said snidely, "the patch won't let you hack the accounts of moderators or other staff members. Any attempt to do so, will backfire and cause the spambots to hack your account. A little subroutine I programmed in. Call it insurance."
Enzap stood up, and ME followed suit.
"I believe our business here is concluded," said the Super Moderator, extending his hand toward jack.
Still staring at the flash drive in wonder, jack quickly stood and shook Enzap's proffered hand.
The moderator duo turned on their heals and headed out of the Troll Tower and back to the hospital.
The sneaked back in through the back door, rearming the alarm afterwards, and headed towards their vacant room, just in time to see their fellow F&G moderators step into it.
Almost as if on cue, ME and Enzap arrived, looking slightly worse for wear. ME had a barely perceptible smug smirk on his face.
"Where were you?" inquired Zexy.
"We went out for a walk, that's all," said Enzap.

Thank you all for playing (especially the subs for helping when we needed it a lot) as well as my fellow co-hosts (especially Maniacal Engineer, his FT was AWESOME!) He even wrote missing scenes and stuff, I loved his story here. And there's still some things he needs to write up as he explained above.

Balance-wise we kept the balance theme of the original RM mafia; only up to one death per phase ever, mafia cannot die in the night. This makes for a longer and sometimes less swingy game. Several roles were kept just like the original RM mafia although the idea of the neighborhoods was supposed to make the game crazier and add an extra layer to scumhunting. Because of the huge claim power town had and the ability to out scum by the 'hoods scum were made more powerful. In the end there wasn't massclaiming so town suffered for it for a while but towards the end they started getting better and had WolfOwl pushed the neighborhood thing more she could've got both of the remaining scum in time. So overall I think it was balanced.

Kudos to @jdthebud for the easy and simple jester win. Although Spring Mafia got the spotlight outta you sorry xD

@HumanDawn please have a look at this game; 3 No Lynches. Now please use this game as the #1 example whenever someone argues that No Lynches are good for town in Day 1. I remember you using old examples, those don't hold that much anymore but this is pretty good to push the point forward :p

Kudos to @MegaPod12 for doing very well in his first game in TWR as mafia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom