• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably shouldn't, but can I get in?

Night 0: The Elieson Virus
Night 0: The Elieson Virus

Maniacal Engineer and Enzap departed from Enzap's office, determination evident in their gaits as they headed to their destination, the Punster's Workshop.
Inside, they were welcomed by returnofMCH, who was sitting at one of the workbenches. A sealed container with the biohazard logo was on the bench.

"That's it, then?" inquired Enzap, nodding towards the container.
MCH nodded.
"That's it," he said ominously, "the last known active strain of the Elieson Virus."

A sudden chill that had nothing to do with the temperature coursed down Enzap's spine as he stared at the contagion that had caused so much havoc in The War Room.
"We should destroy it," he said.
"I will when I'm finished with it," said Maniacal Engineer, "but I need to study it first, to make sure to develop a cure in case it manages to make a comeback."
Enzap sighed wearily and reluctantly nodded.
"Very well," he said, "but we'll take all necessary precautions."
The Section Head turned toward MCH.
"Thanks for locating the virus, MCH," he said, "but things will get dangerous from here. I don't want to put the lives of non-staffers at risk."
"Thanks a lot boss," grumbled ME, jokingly.
"You volunteered for this," chided Enzap, also jokingly.
"Who else were you going to get?" chuckled Maniacal Engineer, "Medical Examiner? I hate to tell you this, boss, but I reintegrated him."
"...wait, you want me to leave?" asked MCH, "but the virus originated in my multiverse, I should help find a cure for it. I've been doing research on it, and everything."
ME smiled reassuringly at his friend, and gave a thumbs up sign.
"Relax," he said, "we've got this covered."
Though still upset, MCH left the Punster's Workshop.
As soon as he left, Maniacal Engineer began locking down and sealing the thread. He looked over at Enzap, who still looked nervous.
"You sure you want to be here for this, boss?" asked the mad scientist, "I can probably manage on my own."
"Sure," said Enzap sarcastically, "tell me that after you've already sealed the doors."
The SH sighed.
"I'll be fine," he said, "just tell me what we should do..."

As ME and Enzap finished locking down the thread, the container with the Elieson Virus clicked open of its own accord. In moments, the interior of the Punster's Workshop was filled with the noxious virus, with the two moderators trapped inside...

A lone figure stood outside the Punster's Workshop, watching the two mods inside as they succumbed to the effects of the strange virus. Concealed in the darkest of shadows, the figure smiled.
"Phase one is complete."

It is now Night 0. It will end when most people confirm their Role PMs.
Please confirm your Role PM as soon as possible.

Day 1: The Return of the Alliance
Day 1: The Return of the Alliance
Zexy nervously glaced at his watch, as TheCapsFan impatiently drummed his fingers and Scarlet Sky reclined lazily in his chair. Enzap and Maniacal Engineer were over an hour late for the morning staff briefing. While it wasn't unusual for ME to be lazy and skip meetings, it was definitely not normal for Enzap, the Section Head, to be late.
"Maybe something's wrong," said Zexy, glancing again at the conference room door, hoping it would open.
"And maybe ME just trapped Enzap in the staff bathroom," retorted Sky, "he's been known to do that once in a while."
"In either case, sitting here and doing nothing doesn't seem like a productive use of time," said Caps, trying to stick to his ironclad schedule, "there is work to do."
"Agreed," said Sky, and the two left the conference room to attend to duties in F&G and TWR.
Zexy stayed seated for a few more moments. Searching for the missing moderators by himself would take forever, so he would just have to round up some help.
Wandering into the War Room Graveyard, the Greek moderator summoned a horde of Zexy Zombies and sent them to find the missing duo.

returnofMCH stood in front of his fellow War Room regulars, a copy of his speech in his hands, as he prepared to inform them all of his findings regarding the mysterious Elieson Virus. Before he could even begin, however, Zexy and Caps ran over to him, looking somewhat distraught.
"What's the matter?" asked MCH, as the mods approached.
"There was an attack last night at the Punster's Workshop," replied Zexy, sotto voce.
MCH's eyes widened.
"But that's where..." he began.
"Yes," comfirmed Caps, "they're still both inside, but th biohazard container was opened, so we can't risk unsealing the thread and spreading the contamination."
"I can help," said MCH, "I've been studying the Elieson Virus, and I think I know how to neutralize it."
"Then we must leave at once," said Zexy.

MCH looked at the assembled crowd, who were starting to get restless at the delay.
"What about them?" he asked, as he and Zexy left.
"Caps will keep them entertained with his hat tricks," replied Zexy, as the duo approached the transport.

Upon arriving at the Punster's Workshop, having picked up a few ingredients along the way, MCH immediately got to work to try sterilizing the virus.
He implanted C4 explosives into a lemon and concealed a laser inside a pumpkin to which he had glued angel's wings.
He then remotely fired the laser out of the pumpkin and at the lemon, causing it to explode, and drenching the Punster's Workshop in citric acid and pumpkin juice. He then took a reading on his specially developed gauge.
"It's done," said MCH, "I've successfully rendered the Eleison Virus inert."
"That procedure seemed a tad random, if you ask me," said Sky, who was approaching them from the other side of the thread.
MCH shrugged.
"Based on my research, I figured it would work," he said.
"Have you found out anything else about the accident, Sky?" asked Zexy.
"Yeah," said Sky, "for one thing, it wasn't an accident. There's something you need to see."

After arranging for the thread to be unsealed and for Enzap and ME to be taken to the RM Hospital for treatment and observation, Sky led Zexy and MCH to the back of the thread, where he pointed to a strange insignia graffitied onto the wall.
"Does that look familiar?" he asked, as Zexy's eyes grew wide.
"It's the insignia of the Troll Alliance," he said, "did they do this?"
Sky shrugged.
"Seems that way," he said.
"But why would they attack Enzap and ME?" wondered MCH, remembering the events from 2 years earlier, "weren't they founding members?"
"Yeah," said Sky, "but they've both renounced Trolling since becoming staff members. This could be revenge or retaliation for their betrayal."
"Let's not jump to hasty conclusions just yet," said Zexy, "we'll continue searching this thread for clues and work from there."

As one, Maniacal Engineer and Enzap awoke in the RM hospital. As the world swam back into focus, they stared at each other for a moment.
ME raised an eyebrow, to which Enzap nodded.
Both stood up, somewhat shakily, and left their room.

After completing a thorough investigation of the Punster's Workshop thread, Sky and Zexy rejoined Caps to visit their ill comrades in the RM hospital.
Upon their arrival, they stopped to have a chat with the attending physician, Doctor Floptopus, who informed them that, based on her tests, neither ME nor Enzap were actively contagious anymore.
"Well that's good, at least," said Caps, as the trio walked towards the room assigned to their fellow staff members, "we won't have to worry about another outbreak of the Elieson Virus."
As they entered the room, Sky began to reply, but stopped dead when they noticed that the beds were empty.
Almost as if on cue, ME and Enzap arrived, looking slightly worse for wear. ME had a barely perceptible smug smirk on his face.
"Where were you?" inquired Zexy.
"We went out for a walk, that's all," said Enzap.
"Being cooped up in here is boring," added Maniacal Engineer, "and you know how I get when I'm bored."
"Well, you'll be staying here for observation for a while," said Caps, "we want to make sure you weren't affected by the virus."
"We've arranged for you to make a statement this afternoon over the RM Podcast, though," Zexy remarked, "word of the incident has spread, and the users are worried about you two."

That afternoon, Enzap addressed the F&G regulars in a statement from his hospital bed.
"Good afternoon, everyone," he said, "as you all know by now, last night, Maniacal Engineer and I were nearly killed by a volatile strain of the Elieson Virus."
The Section Head paused for a moment, and then continued.
"We have learned that this was no accident, it was a deliberate attempt on our lives, carried out by the Troll Alliance. We must not let this outrage stand. I urge all of you to help us root out the trolls among us, before they can cause more permanent damage."
He paused once more, for emphasis, and concluded dramatically.
"Ladies and gentlemen, we are at war."
IT IS NOW DAY 1, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING
PHASE ENDS IN 48 HOURS AND 5 MINUTES FROM NOW.
WITH 14 PLAYERS ALIVE, 10 PEOPLE ARE NEEDED TO HAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom