• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 0: The Prelude to Random
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
tt11191778fltt.gif

Random Messages 2 Mafia

Enzap sat back in his office, overlooking RM, and reminisced about the bad old days.
"How in the world did it ever come to this?" he mused, as he watched the RM regulars going about their business, "I'm the Section Head of Fun and Games, and I've been promoted to Super Moderator, and yet, less than two years ago..."
Enzap sat back even further and closed his eyes, letting the memories envelope him, like it had just happened yesterday.

Shiny Celebi expected lots of complaints about private messges not working, but that didn't happen as everyone was focused on finding trolls.

Soon enough, someone made an announcement:
“I have developed a program that lets me analyze which people from this thread have access to the Trolls QT. It takes an entire night to confirm a single user as a troll or not, though. Last night I used said program to check if Enzap was a troll; and guess what, he is!”

Many were shocked; Enzap was displaying trollish behavior before but they wouldn’t expect the trolls who ban people to be this open with trolling in thread as they would get caught.
Enzap defended himself:
“You have to be lying, so I will report you. I would like everyone to know that due to being a moderator, I can make my account untraceable by any computer program that operates outside Bulbagarden’s vBulletin software.”

People didn’t believe said claim nonetheless and started reporting him en masse. By the middle of the day only, it looked pretty obvious that Enzap would get banned today. The rest of the day passed without much activity, although someone stepped in to inform the users that Enzap has to be a troll, since they saw him tampering with a certain user's profile last night.

All was lost for Enzap. Yet he wouldn't go down the way they wanted, he would go down the way HE wanted!
He took the opportunity to troll Random Messages one more time. He started off by posting a pictures of lolcats.

"wat"
"He's posting lolcats so we will spare him! He is conceding!"
"You mean he a troll?!"
"Definitely."

After a few more lolcat images, Enzap spoke up:
“Yes, I am a troll! Gonzap the moderator troll! I’ve got much experience from being in the Bulbagarden staff so I have developed the system that lets us ban users, once per night!”

The users have already started to spam the thread with smileys as they figured that after Enzap’s banning no more troll bannings would happen. But Enzap continued:
“You think the trolls are done for now that you caught me, don’t you? NOT AT ALL! I have secretly made all my partners staff members!”

Shiny Celebi looked in awe, how is this even possible?!
“Yes, SC, it is possible. For I am Gonzap the troll mod!
This means that despite my ban, my fellow trolls can keep banning people once per night! We won’t fall this easily!”

Shiny Celebi was infuriated; after Enzap gathered a whooping total of X reports, the most reports one has received before they get infracted about it, she forcibly changed his username to “Goosenap", his usertitle to "The Most Reported Troll of All", his avatar to a trollface, and his signature to:

"I'm a troll, troll, troll!
With no self-control! -trol! -trol!"

"This is nice and all, but you eventually have to ban him, Shiny Celebi."
"Oh right! Oops!"

All he could say before getting banned was:
“At least now that I no longer have to masquerade here, I have more free time to watch One Piece! Good luck buddies!”

The users were happy to see Enzap banned, although they couldn’t help chuckle on his final words. Around an hour later, Shiny Celebi, who has since calmed down, reported:
“Today, dear users of Bulbagarden, we did not win one battle, but two! I managed to successfully restore private messages and even found a way to ensure that they won’t get brought down by the trolls, at least not with the same measures they took to do that this time. Now rest, users, and hope that something will cause the trolls to fail banning someone tonight; for all we know, Enzap could be lying.”
"But we came back," thought Enzap, "despite the permaban, myself and the other trolls returned, as sockpuppets at first, but soon enough we were pardoned."

Enzap watched as Maniacal Engineer successfully trumped two of the RM regulars in a pun off, and laughed.
"ME has come a long way from those days," he thought, once again succumbing to a wave of memories.
"After taking many things into consideration, I think you should ban ME today."
Then someone replied: "I find it a little strange that you want to get yourself banned, but I trust you, so let's do that. I'm reporting you."
"LOL don't ban me, ban ME. Maniacal Engineer, you know?"
"Oh okay! Reporting ME!"

ME eventually replied; to everyone's surprise, he reported himself.
"How do you dare report ME without asking ME for permission?!
The best troll in this world is ME. Indeed, you just got ME. But only ME will decide how ME will get banned! Everyone, report ME please! I will report myself, also! ME's vote is on ME!"
"LOL, ME, if you are indeed a troll you shouldn't have voted yourself or just flat-out admit it!"
"I won't let anyone become a better troll than ME! So many trolls have been banned already, so this will be ME's final trolling in Bulbagarden! There is no point for ME trying to stick around anyway. I hope you won't ever forget ME!"

In the end, Shiny Celebi banned ME.

"We are almost done! Let's keep going!"
"And now, I've gone and made that madman a Mod," mused Enzap, "and he's been one of my most trusted staff members ever since. Although there was that time he managed to split himself into 10 MEs...what a nightmare that was.
Frustrated, the evil wordsmith moved on to the Melee Weapons thread, but there he encountered Enzap.
"Stand aside, Enzap," said Random Punster, "you cannot possibly hope to defeat me."
Enzap shook his head sadly.
"You know, I had such high hopes for you," said the F&G Boss, "you really could have made a positive difference on the Internet, for once. Guess I was wrong, so now I'll have to clean up my mess."
"Please," scoffed the diabolical word player, "you couldn't contain me even before you granted me Mod powers, what makes you think you'll be more successful now?"
Enzap smiled a cruel and devilish smile.
"Now you're a member of staff," he said, "the fact that you've now gone rogue makes it a top priority of the staff to...deal with you."

As Punster pulled out his Pun Hammer, Enzap also withdrew a hammer from hammer-space. It was the Mighty Ban Hammer.
"On this one and only occasion, the staff has deemed you dangerous enough to allow me to permaban you," said Enzap, swinging the weapon.
Escaping the Ban Hammer's blow by a hair's width, the Punster withdrew.

Backed into a corner by this allied assault, Random Punster retreated to Random Messages, where his power was at its strongest.
When he arrived, however, an unwelcome sight awaited him.
The assembled allies had gathered in RM and had brought along a friend, a slimy friend.

"No!" gasped the wordplay pundit, turning white as a sheet and backing away slowly, "not...The Abomination!"
"You have strayed from the path of Modness and betrayed your fellow staff members, therefore this is your punishment," decreed Enzap, Lord of F&G, who had followed Punster to RM.
"Death by your own botched scientific experiment," sneered Etrian Oddity, "how appropriate."

Slimy Monster, for that is who the Abomination was, advanced on the fleeing Punster and engulfed him, completely smothering him.
Screams of terror and cries of excruciating pain were muffled by the hideous blob's amorphous form.

Suddenly, Slimy Monster began glowing.

"What's happening?!" asked Zexy.
"Slimy Monster is Regenerating!" exclaimed Rainbow Cloud.
"No," said jack, calmly snacking on some spam, "they're both Regenerating."

Sure enough, due to Slimy Monster having been made with Random Punster's genetic materials, they were Regenerating, their bodies fusing together in a massive eruption of energy.
Punster screamed in agony, as the botched Regeneration consumed him and his genetic mutation, contorting and reshaping the two bodies.

A brilliant flash of light blinded the alliance, as the Regeneration cycle completed.

As they blinked the stars from their eyes, the alliance members weren't certain that they hadn't experienced permanent eye damage, since standing before them were ten physically identical MEs.

"Oh dear Arceus, what have we done?" was the prevailing thought among the alliance members.
And, as a result of that, Zexy ended up getting split into 13 parts because of ME's machine."
Sunday, October 30th 2016. Early morning, just a bit after midnight. Zexy had a busy Saturday full of IRL stuff, including going to a bar alongside some friends he hasn't seen for a while at night. After coming back home, he logged in to Bulbagarden; he had duties to perform. He had to post about his Pokemon GO session the previous morning, spam Post Count++ threads, write the Day 2 start update for Greek Mythology Mafia and most importantly, guard The Machine.

Which Machine, you ask? The very one that helped ME become one again after he was split to 10 7 months ago. It was inside a deep hole in a staff-only area of Bulbagarden Forums. After that was accomplished, some staff members believed it should've been destroyed, as Random Punster could've Regenerated again and use it for nefarious deeds. But there were others who believed it should stay around to be used again if some other staff member's Regeneration went wrong someday. Zexy was one of the people in the second group; in the end, it was decided that The Machine would stay around, but the staff members who asked for that would have to guard it in shifts. Tonight was Zexy's turn.

Despite the dangers The Machine posed, he was never really afraid of guarding it. He had confidence in his abilities. However, this one night, he was more tired than usual, and he's also drunk some alcohol... and that's when it happened. While patrolling around The Machine, thinking of what to include in his Greek Mythology Mafia update, he tripped and fell in...

The next morning, ME who was supposed to shift found them asleep. All 13 of them.

Soon after contacting the other staff about it and gathering them all in the area, the 13 identical Zexies woke up. One of them stepped forward and said: "Hello everyone, I am Zexy. Let me introduce you to my associates; Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy, Zexy and of course, Zexy."

Enzap facepalmed: "Oh boy, do we really have to deal with this again :("

The staff deduced that just like in ME's case, some of the Zexies would be against the idea of reintegration. The entire procedure had to happen again. The 13 Zexies were locked in the room with the machine, and the game begun once again. It was all about Zexy now.
The Section Head shook his head in a bemused manner.
"So much has happened in these two years, and yet, nobody remembers," he pondered.

Enzap contemplated the peaceful scene in RM for several moments longer before his thoughts were interrupted by a knock at his door.
"Enter," he said, turning away from the window to face the newcomer.

Maniacal Engineer stepped into the office, a serious look on his face.
"It is time," he said simply.
Enzap nodded, "and so it begins..."

Welcome to Random Messages 2 Mafia, brought to you by returnofMCH, @Maniacal Engineer and @Zexy productions. In this game, 14 people will assume the identities of the regulars of the Random Messages Thread and battle it out. From the one side we have the moderators and the regular users (Non-Trolls), and from the other we have the Trolls. Which side will win is up to you!

We would like to thank all the people whose characters will be used as roles, for being great friends of ours. We would also like to thank in advance all the people who will play, and apologize for any potential hosting mistakes or issues in balance.

The game will be Role Madness but not Bastard.

1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
2. Day phases will last 48 hours (with the exceptions stated in rule 9) and Night phases will last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be adjusted on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
4. Roleclaiming is allowed. Nameclaiming is not allowed. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
5. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
6. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.
7. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
8. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
9. HYPER-MAJORITY rules are in place. This means that if, at any given time in a Day phase, at least 2/3 of the players alive are voting for the same person, the phase will end early with a lynch on that person. Night phases may also end quickly if all the people able to submit night actions lock them (in which case they cannot be changed). -YLO phases (in which town's lynch decision may lead to them losing the game before the next day phase begins) will be announced.
10. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is permitted. Please make sure to include us in any OC chats you may have during the game.
11. After dying in the game, you may only post once more and said post may not contain game-relevant information.
12. If the game has no deaths for 4 consecutive phases, the game will end, the outcome being decided on the host(s)' discretion based on the current game state.
13. The most important rule. Have fun!

PLAYERS
1 @Max1996 Kazekage - Town Mason - Killed in Endgame
2 @Pikochu jackatlasred - Mafia Roleblocker 1x Strongman - Lynched Day 5 - WON THE GAME!
3 @Lone_Garurumon returnofMCH - Town Doctor - Killed Night 4
4 @jackatlasred TheCapsFan - Town Jack-Of-All-Trades (1x Cop 1x Tracker 1x Watcher) Neighbor - Killed Night 5
5 @Elementar Six Paths - Town Mason - Killed Night 2
6 @CheffOfGames @Moon Entity @SwordMaster♪ Max1996 - Town Miller Neighbor 1x Roleblocker - Killed in Endgame
7 @AussieEevee @Soulmaster MegaPod12 - Town Miller Neighbor 1x Bulletproof - Killed in Endgame
8 @Rainbow Cloud Captain Tentacruel - Town Miller Neighbor 1x Rolecop - Killed Night 1
9 @Pika_pika42 Zexy - Town Cop Neighbor - Killed Night 3
10 @Yours Truly @WolfOwl Yours Truly - Town 1x Deathproof Neighbor - Killed in Endgame
11 @TheCapsFan Enzap - Mafia Godfather Rolecop 1x Lynch Redirector Neighbor - Won in Endgame - WON THE GAME!
12 @Ereshkigal @Hellcrow Rainbow Cloud - Town 2x Commuter - Lynched Day 6
13 @MegaPod12 Maniacal Engineer - Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades (1x Encryptor 1x Post Restricter 1x Role Thief) Neighbor Enzap Inheritor - Won in Endgame - WON THE GAME!
14 @jdthebud Yours Truly - Independent Voteless Jester - Lynched Day 2 - WON THE GAME!

SUBS

SPECTATORS

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, speaking of first, @Max1996 said IN in the Queue thread but I'm not sure if we should take that as reserving him a spot. Please clarify.

Wonder if I'm in the game as a role and if so, which role would I be?

Is there still a spot open? *Checks the number of players and the number of spots* ...It appears so, which means that I shall be in as a player. I mean I'm not going to miss out on a game like this, even if it means I'll have to split some attention here and there.

Also...
This is one of the first things that poped up when I searched 'Randomness' into Google Images. It amused me.
randomness_by_darkereve-d6mx5ye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom