• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 4: Another Night of Nothingness 8-21-15

Since there are probably 3 Mafia left. I have a theory that the 3 Mafia could be Jack, Rabbit(and momoka). I especially suspicious of Rabbit and Jack as they where really inactive during the early phases of the game but have started posting more lately. Also, both of them are trying to paint me in a scum picture which is kind of suspicious. TBH the only "scummy" thing I did was my inactivity on N2(which was due to my role).
Also, @Flopunny; why am I least likely to flip town. I am more likely to believe your slot is more Mafia. @nghiavip408; You haven't posted in a while. Thoughts?

Why is Leggo in that list?
I think Leggo's been acting protown, scumhunting and making reads. The only thing that has me confused is why she unvoted Momoka for no reason.
Thinking about it though, I want to see her post more.

Leggo is neutral to me. Maybe leaning scum because I'm not getting Town reads from them. we're just being merciful

jack is probably Town with how DrumBeats voted him and was his only scum read. Rabbat is an oddball but he's in my list of possible Mafia. Might get higher quite soon.

In looking back at the thread up to around the update where ME flipped mafia, I went back and tried to look through ME’s posts to see if there was anything usable. However, a lot of posts have been edited on August 17th, now simply saying “404 Post Not Found.” Presumably, one of those posts was of ME’s list of reads, since he was asked for them and I don’t see anyone reminding him to give them after that. Does anyone happen to remember any of his reads he posted that day? The fact that posts were edited leads me to believe something of use could have been there.
@CrackFox; @Paperhorse;

Could you look into ME's posts and see if he deleted anything and share it here?

Last edited:

Leggo is neutral to me. Maybe leaning scum because I'm not getting Town reads from them. we're just being merciful
I guess we see her posts differently then.
@Flopunny; why am I least likely to flip town.
You're not. You're in the middle of my neutral pile, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you flipped either way. I just don't know how to read you.

I forgot to add this. I suggest the "other cop" check:
1. SM (to clear my humble name :D)
2. Jack
3. Rabbit
Maybe nghiavip408 as well.

Last edited:

Gaga said:
Lynch redirector is pretty much confirmed town.

The number of roles that are similar but just distinct enough to be different seems to have been an intentional inclusion by the hosts to cause chaos for town.
Ahh okay, I’ll take your word for that then. Redirector always makes me think scum instinctively, so I wanted to check on that.

Flopunny said:
Could you please elaborate on your suspicion?
As for defending ME, I believe that Eevee trusted ME over Jist, due to his town like actions and the little private correspondence they had. To be honest, I was surprised when ME flipped scum myself.
Admittedly, all of my suspicion of you is based on Eevee really. The trust of ME was part of it as well as Eevee’s gunning for Kyriaki for a while, but Eevee was also very passive in the early parts of the game and was very against having his posts looked at closely. The 1x deathproof claim (that was originally 1x lynchproof apparently) also makes me uneasy when we have a doctor, likely commuter, governor, apparently a lynch redirector, and someone who gave Human a commuter power. It is so many ways to cheat death that 1x deathproof seems way OP given the other roles.

When I asked about the lynch redirector, I was thinking it could be mafia and a way to try to balance out all these lynch and/or NK-avoiding roles. But now that I know it is apparently someone who is pretty confirmed, 1x deathproof is even more suspicious to me.

The top 3 I think will flip scum are:

1) Momoka
2) Rabbit
3) Flopunny

Again, your not knowing what the majority thought jist was?
It wasn't the majority, that's why. You can't really say I'm not "paying enough attention to the thread" only because of that reason. Any more of this insane/random cop discussion is pointless, tbh.

Gaga said:
The number of roles that are similar but just distinct enough to be different seems to have been an intentional inclusion by the hosts to cause chaos for town.
It's just confirmed for that reason alone or is there another reason that isn't being discussed publicly?

Leggo said:
It's possible that Booster aka Jist wanted to shake things up.

If he is Fool with NK immunity, that means that he has an advantage to claim as cop since the mafia would not be able to NK him.

Plus, if Booster was a random cop, I'm surprised that mafia hasn't tried to NK him already or maybe they tried to which explains why there hasn't been an NK two night phases in a row as Booster's NK immunity must have prevented an NK or two.
I don't doubt that he wanted to shake things up, I got that impression from our PMs together, but. When everyone was thinking he was a cop (no matter the type of cop, there's been enough discussion abt this), he was thought of as a confirmed townie. So unless he did something else big in thread to appear scummy... it didn't look like he was going to? Then he would've just kept blending in with town, his win condition going unfulfilled.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lynch Redirector(Bus Driver) is town. I played it in XY mafia, and was town.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lynch Redirector(Bus Driver) is town. I played it in XY mafia, and was town.
Just logicaly, it's impossible that Lynch Redirector is Mafia, except on Bastard Situation.

But still claim is just a claim. Except proved or checked.

Just logicaly, it's impossible that Lynch Redirector is Mafia, except on Bastard Situation.

But still claim is just a claim. Except proved or checked.
Yeah, that'd be fairly over powered.

What Maniacal Engineer did technically isn't a War Room rules violation as no vote was edited.
I don't think having moderators telling players what the posts contained before the edits should be allowed.

This is an interesting circumstance nonetheless and the staff should decide what should happen.

Lynch redirector and bus driver are two different roles-- we don't know who the lynch redirector is but FA claimed bus driver.

So it was supposedly the reads post from him that is missing. This is interesting maybe he is trying to hide something that was written in that post. It must've been something incriminating on his scumbuddies for him to edit it.

Last edited:

Admittedly, all of my suspicion of you is based on Eevee really. The trust of ME was part of it as well as Eevee’s gunning for Kyriaki for a while, but Eevee was also very passive in the early parts of the game and was very against having his posts looked at closely. The 1x deathproof claim (that was originally 1x lynchproof apparently) also makes me uneasy when we have a doctor, likely commuter, governor, apparently a lynch redirector, and someone who gave Human a commuter power. It is so many ways to cheat death that 1x deathproof seems way OP given the other roles.

The top 3 I think will flip scum are:

1) Momoka
2) Rabbit
3) Flopunny
I think Eevee's problem was that he lost the will to play after jack's XY flip and that he stopped enjoying the game. He got very defensive and paranoid because of it and started to think the whole game was against him. I couldn't say for certain, of course, as I can't read minds, but that seems to me to be the reason for his over defensiveness and eventual subbing out.
As for the claim, I didn't realise it had started out as a lynchproof claim. My role PM states that I am an 1x Deathrpoof. I will not die the first time I should, regardless of how I should die.
You can verify my claim by attempting to lynch/vig me, but that would be a waste of a day/vig so I wouldn't recommend it.

@CrackFox; @Paperhorse;

Could you look into ME's posts and see if he deleted anything and share it here?

What Maniacal Engineer did technically isn't a War Room rules violation as no vote was edited.
I don't think having moderators telling players what the posts contained before the edits should be allowed.

This is an interesting circumstance nonetheless and the staff should decide what should happen.

I cannot know what was said in an edited post anymore than you can. I can view deleted posts of which ME has none on the date in question by the looks of it. Regardless, I don't think that would be at all a fair thing to do. Looking back more than a few of you have edited your posts and deleted some. It's generally only against the rules to edit or delete votes. I can't help you :b

Sorry to interrupt the game. As you were.

It's just confirmed for that reason alone or is there another reason that isn't being discussed publicly?
yes

Night 4: The Trolls Lost Their Source of Spam

One of the self-proclaimed leaders of the users when it comes to figuring the trolls out spoke up:
"jack is a troll. Trust me on this."
Most would trust them of course, leading to posts such as:
"Nice! Reporting him!"
"Me too!"
"Count me in!"
"Oh yes, this is great!"

12 reports later, jackatlasred tried to defend himself:
"How do you even make a case on me without using tho, tho? I'm not a troll tho, I'm everyone's beloved little princess :3"
But he didn't achieve much:
"... yeah, sure. Just ban him!"
"NO! Ban me instead!"
"Trying to get yourself banned is foolish..."
"I think it's a troll toying with us tho. Reporting."

He kept trying nonetheless:
"I won't go down this easily tho!"
"You have 12 reports, jack, don't even try..."
"Trying is fun tho."

Shiny Celebi considered banning jackatlasred earlier than intended, but ultimately decided against this. Nonetheless she banned him later.

Dear Momoka, you are
jackatlasred
One of the Random Messages' trolls, who has been playing mafia games, you have taken the duty of preventing the Non-Trolls from doing anything. You are the Roleblocker. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT ROLEBLOCK: Player and said player will be unable to use their night action (if they have one) that night.
You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
Momoka was banned. She was jackatlasred the Roleblocker, Troll.

"This was awesome! Let's keep going!"
"We have to wait, tho :)"

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 4:The Trolls Should Be Getting Desperate... 8-23-15

This is going all to well! 3 Mafioso?

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 4:The Trolls Should Be Getting Desperate... 8-23-15

Well umm... just keep on then. Also Leggo might seem a bit more suspicious tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom