• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 7: Not The Deputy Admin!!!!!! 8/29/15

Vote:mad:TheCapsFan
Please respond as silence isn't good for you. Waiting for the real cop check.

It seems I subbed in to a virtually finished game. :p

Vote: TheCapsFan

Whoever is Kakuna Matata seems to have receieved an upgrade

gg trolls

TrollFace.png

fyi the cop told me thecapsfan flipped mafia

go go go go go

I hate trolls, they t4lk l1k3 th15 4nd 1t'5 r3411y 4nn0y1ng.

On the bright side, I think I know who actually has my character, which is cool.

If you're really Vengeful could you kill Jist? He's the Fool and while a Vengeful Kill wouldn't be a lynch, it would make his deathwish be true at least.

Vote: cappy
Cop says scum
Even without, he's basically one of two possible scums and I know I'm not mafia so...

I hate trolls, they t4lk l1k3 th15 4nd 1t'5 r3411y 4nn0y1ng.

On the bright side, I think I know who actually has my character, which is cool.

If you're really Vengeful could you kill Jist? He's the Fool and while a Vengeful Kill wouldn't be a lynch, it would make his deathwish be true at least.

I am not able to kill him now, despite having the most votes. If I am indeed lynched, and it looks to be that way, I'd be contacted by a host prior to the update asking for who I wish to kill. But yes, I can kill Booster. I see no reason not to, as he's not Town-aligned. (right?)

I am not able to kill him now, despite having the most votes. If I am indeed lynched, and it looks to be that way, I'd be contacted by a host prior to the update asking for who I wish to kill. But yes, I can kill Booster. I see no reason not to, as he's not Town-aligned. (right?)

Yeah I know how it works, I meant that you pick to kill him after the host asks you. progressForth said he flipped Independent.

Vote: thecapsfan well gg everyone.

@Zexy; Can we have a shorter phase?
Also, gg CapsFan.

Indeed, the phase will be shortened to 24 hours.

DAY 7 VOTE COUNT:
TheCapsFan VIΙ (FinalArcadia, lovandra, Sword Master, HumanDawn, Life, Flopunny, jackatlasred)

You have 3 hours.

Endgame: Peace and Prosperity at Last!

After Shiny Celebi’s ban, Gaga spoke up:
“It is a shame Shiny Celebi got banned; I was one of her closest allies, alongside Zexy, Terrell and returnofmastercrazyhand. We even had a QT in which we were talking privately. We can finally reveal the link: Masons & Friends & Knuckles - QuickTopic free message board hosting .
I also PM’d Maniacal Engineer some stuff the night before his ban, hope they shocked him enough they distracted him from trolling people that night.”

Dear HumanDawn, you are
Gaga
Your posts and signatures have been shocking people for a long while. You have been playing mafia games long ago.
You are the Roleblocker. Once per night, you can PM the hosts ROLEBLOCK: Player and that player will be unable to use their night action, if they have any.
You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when the Trolls are eliminated.
HumanDawn won the game! He was Gaga, Roleblocker, Non-Troll
Zexy posted next:
“Let me explain how Shiny Celebi was able to figure out so many trolls; I have developed the program Neosquid spoke of. He was lying, but I am not; using it, we figured out jackatlasred and Maniacal Engineer… and now we know that the final troll is none other than AussieEevee, just as expected.”

Dear Life, you are
Zexy
You are me, not ME. I am writing my own character here, nice xD
You are the former Random Messages regular who is no longer a regular, but got summoned by returnofmastercrazyhand to help out with this mafia game. For this, returnofthemastercrazyhand rewarded him with a spot in the game. As one of the hosts, you know everyone's alignment!
You are the Cop. Once per night phase you can PM the hosts CHECK: Player and you will learn the alignment of the player you picked at the end of the nightphase.
Life won the game! He was Zexy, Cop, Non-Troll

airflow spoke up next: “AussieEevee, how could you? Anyways, now that this is over I can perform more Sky Drops with Braviary in my Pokemon game!”

Dear jackatlasred, you are
airflow
You are a new face in Random Messages, but already built up quite the name. You like Flying-type Pokemon, especially Braviary.
Your ability is the Pokemon move Sky Drop. Once in the game, in the nightphase, you can PM the hosts Sky Drop: Player. You and that player will be unable to post or like posts in-thread, send game-related PMs or post in game-related QTs until the end of the night phase. You will be imprevious to all night actions, including nightkills, though.
jackatlasred won the game! He was airflow, Sky Drop Commuter, Non-Troll

Next up was Rainbow: “I knew it was him! Reporting. Now that we are done with this, I can spend more time in playing PnM; having to restrict myself to playing at night only was hard.”

Dear progressforth, you are
Rainbow
You LOVE Pop 'n Music. It is a game in which you push buttons according to a song that plays in the background.
In the 5-button mode, there are 2 green buttons, 2 blue buttons and 1 red button. Once per night, you can push a button of whichever colour you like and select a player name. PM the hosts the button color and the player you want to push to achieve this. Each button will give you an ability when you push it, that will be used on said player. You are not supposed to know what the abilities are after it's done.
progressforth won the game. They were Rainbow, Pop’n Music Player, Non-Troll

TheCapsFan said: “YOU ARE GETTING REPORTED POOCH! NEITHER OF US POSTED MUCH BUT YOU ARE THE TROLL HERE.”

Dear Sword Master, you are
TheCapsFan
You have been coming and going, you have a newfound interest for mafia games.
You are a Commuter. Twice in the game, in the night phase, you can PM the hosts Commute. You will be unable to post or like posts in-thread, send game-related PMs or post in game-related QTs until the end of the night phase. You will be imprevious to all night actions, including nightkills, though.
Sword Master won the game. He was TheCapsFan, Commuter, Non-Troll

Shiny Metagross was next: “I am disappoint in you, Pooch. I guess this ending gives me more time to play indie games.”

Dear lovandra, you are
Shiny Metagross
You live in Vegas, have played a few mafia games, and have been trying to create your own indie game. You like indie games, don't you?
You are the Indie Game Player. Once per night, you can PM the hosts one of the following indie game names:

Braid
Minecraft
Super Meat Boy
Cave Story
Bastion

Depending on what you pick, a certain ability will be activated. You can only guess what ability does each game unlock.
lovandra won the game. She was Shiny Metagross, Indie Game Player, Non-Troll

BadAssGardevoir got the next post: “I am reporting Pooch! We are all badass! Did I mention I love the move Skill Swap?”

Dear FinalArcadia, you are
BadAssGardevoir
You are a Gardevoir. And you are badass. As a Gardevoir you have the annoying but interesting Skill Swap move.
You are a Bus Driver. Once in the game, in a night phase, you can pick two players and PM their names to the hosts; any actions that target one of the players will instead resolve on the other player. The nightkill is excluded from this.
FinalArcadia won the game! She was BadAssGardevoir, Bus Driver, Non-Troll

The mods finally spoke up, with ScarletSky going first: “RM brings the worst in you. I have to report you. Also, I want everyone to know that this was an extremely stressful experience for me, so I asked to stop being a moderator. Hope my replacement makes Fun and Games a better place and fares better than me.”

Dear Flopunny, you are
Scarlet Sky
You are a moderator, so you can use such powers to avoid death.
You are a 1x Deathrpoof. You will not die the first time you are about to die, be it for any reason.
Flopunny won the game! She was Scarlet Sky, Deathproof, Non-Troll

“Alright, AussieEevee, we figured you out. Any last words before Random Messages gets its trolls purged forever?”, said KM. She added: “I am happy this is about to end, I got a promotion and will soon make a wallpost!”

Dear Kyriaki, you are
Kakuna Matata
You are the Random Messages regular who is a busy super moderator, which means you only come from time to time, like posts en masse then post a wallpost in which you reply to all the content you skimmed through while liking posts.
You are a Wallposter. Once in the game, in the day phase, you can PM the hosts to make a wallpost. The thread will be notified that you made a wallpost, which negates all votes that happened prior to it in said day phase, because the surprise and excitement of the wallpost make people forget about their earlier votes.
Kyriaki won the game! She was Kakuna Matata, Wallposter, Non-Troll

AussieEevee had some last words to say: “Oh well, I am a sad Pooch :( Besides there is no coke in the house, which makes it harder… Whatever, I am the last troll, and I’ll do what I want! And what I want to do is… apologize. It all started as a joke, we didn’t think it would get this far. I give up, on the behalf of all of us. Here is our QT: Random Messages Trolls QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
“So, you just confirmed yourself as a troll… if you really want to apologize, you should lift all the bans you four caused.”, was KM’s response.
“Alright, I’ll do that”.

Archmage Dragelsnart, Terrell, returnofmastercrazyhand and Shiny Celebi got their bans lifted. The latter, who was checking the thread as a guest, immediately logged in when she realized this, then she posted the QT she shared with Terrell: Random Messages Neighbors QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Zexy added: “While we are posting QTs, let me re-post the ones that got revealed earlier:
Random Messages - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Anyfin Goes - QuickTopic free message board hosting

“So, what should be done with AussieEevee, should he get banned?”
“Unfortunately, yes; despite the apology, what he and his team did was too much, thus he has to get permanently banned.”
After this Kakuna Matata banned AussieEevee.

Dear TheCapsFan, you are
AussieEevee
Ah, the Australian Random Messages troll... you have been playing mafia games, too.
You are the troll who does the dirty work of killing, but you are the best when it comes to that, too. Once in the game, in the night phase, you can use each of the following abilities; you can't use both together, though:

1) Strongman Kill: Player The nightkill bypasses doctor protection or Bulletproof roles that night.
2) Ninja Kill: Player The nightkill cannot be seen as a result of a Tracker role that night.

You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
TheCapsFan was banned. He was AussieEevee, Strongman/Ninja Killer, Troll

Only Neosquid was left: “I gave anyfin I got in trying to get lynched, but nofin happened. I am sad…”

Dear蜃気楼, you are
Neosquid
You were a moderator. You are a troll, but you believe you are better than the others and refuse to work with them. You have been playing mafia games recently.
You are the Jester. You are also Voteless. Your votes in-thread don't count since no one cares about an obvious troll's vote.
You are an independent and you win if you get lynched.
蜃気楼 did not fulfill his win condition. He was Neosquid the Independent Jester.

Shiny Celebi became an administrator again, and Kakuna Matata kept her promotion. Scarlet Sky resigned just as he said. Baf became a Fun and Games moderator to compensate for the two losses, although more Fun and Games moderators might get hired in the next staff drive.
Fun and Games lost 5 of its regulars, though… the trolls were frequent posters despite their trolling. Even the War Room lost 4 regulars, as 4 out of 5 trolls were mafia game players. Even the Wash got casualties from this. Lifting the trolls’ bans was brought up, as they apologized and stopped banning people; yet the staff did not want such a thing to happen.
Yet, just a bit later, someone going by the username Eznap joined the forums and brought his four friends in, going by the usernames of Flopbunny, jackatlusred, Mechanical Engineer and OzzyEevee. The five quickly became regulars… some think they are the trolls' sockpuppets, but no one ever reported them and the staff doesn’t take action. They seem like good people. Eznap is a potential moderator candidate.

In the end, everyone is happy with the outcome and Random Messages is again the fun place it is supposed to be.
Until a new age of trolls shows up, at least...

THE END

And this is the end of the second biggest mafia game ever played in the War Room.

Congratulations to town for winning!

We would like to thank everyone for playing, this game couldn’t have been this fun were it not for you all. You were the best!

We would also like to thank all the people who let us use their usernames as roles for the game. Said people were:
1. Maniacal Engineer
2. @Shiny Metagross;
3. Jackatlasred
4. Archmage Dragelsnart
5. @Enzap;
6. Flopunny
7. AussieEevee
8. @BadAssGardevoir;
9. @Terrell;
10. @Rainbow Cloud;
11. @Shiny Celebi;
12. Returnofmastercrazyhand
13. Gaga
14. Neosquid
15. TheCapsFan
16. @airflow;
17. @Scarlet Sky;
18. @Polyrhythm;
19. @Kakuna Matata;
20. Zexy

Random Messages Host QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
This is the link for the Host QT, in which you can find the Role PMs, the RNG results (whose QT post was never edited as a means to prove that it wasn’t tweaked), the phase update posts, the vote counts and the night action lists (there are no spreadsheets, sorry).

Random Messages Dead QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
This is the link for the Dead QT, in which dead players as well as sub-out players could keep discussing the game.

Thoughts on the setup and the game, because some may call the town overpowered… beware this is somewhat big and I was typing it as I was thinking of it:
First of all, let’s clear up which host made which roles; MCH picked which 5 people out of the 20 would be the trolls, and also restricted me for 3 characters/roles; himself as the doctor, myself as the cop and Neosquid as the Jester.

I made the Jester voteless for balance, as their vote could make a LYLO unwinnable for town, as well as make their win condition easier to achieve.

Unfortunately, there was no way to add a safety precaution to ensure that the Jester couldn’t swing the game towards one side; lesson learned, a jester can easily fakeclaim cop with a scumcheck on the Godfather and make it pass, in a way that will cripple the mafia so much and make the game unwinnable for the Jester in the first place. This was a VERY UNLIKELY SCENARIO that happened nonetheless and swung the game too much in town’s favor, as ME was Godfather/Rolecop and the mafia lost such a powerful role Day 2. If it was just me I wouldn’t have brought a Jester (I like survivors more, they can’t harm the other factions too much), although you can at least give us that a Jester does less damage than a Serial Killer could do.

Since I have expected mafia to get crippled if the Godfather/Rolecop were to die, because they would lose two power roles at once, I gave the Traitor a 1x Backup Rolecop; yet the Godfather/Rolecop died way too early, meaning the mafia got too little info when it came to town’s roles. And worst of all, the Traitor (DrumBeats) decided not to join the QT and save his Rolecop for later, not using it Night 2… only to get himself lynched Day 3 :( TOO MUCH SWING HERE.

If you think of it, the mafia wasn’t THAT weak. Godfather, Rolecop, Roleblocker, Traitor was a second Godfather for as much as they liked and had a backup Rolecop to boot, then there was also a JOAT with three pretty nice roles. I think that mafia doesn’t really need more than one silencer shot, encryptor could be a little bonus but was used a bit too early imo, role thief could be used as a rolecop, roleblock or a fakeclaim. Mafia fakeclaiming Role Thief should’ve been trusted because “Zexy would definitely put a Town Role Thief in”.

Then there was the strongman/ninja… after my recent experiences in Mafia Universe I found out that plain strongman is not a thing in other communities; it is combined with ninja and 1x roleblock as a JOAT most of the time; I did not give this JOAT a 1x roleblock since there was a regular one already… but I regret not giving it more strongman shots. Town had many protection roles, and many were commuters so a strongman wouldn’t work anyway, but with the 2 no-kills I feel like I should have done that.

Let’s check the town; Rainbow and Shiny Metagross got JOAT roles because I felt it fit them well as characters; then I decided to make Rainbow an investigative one (2x watcher 2x tracker 1x cop) and Shiny Metagross a protection-oriented one (1x doc, day and night commuter on themselves, 2 fillers that would give an awesome out-of-place rolecop power if both used, the reason I did that was to fill the role and include a town rolecop in some way, as well as surprise the player who would get the role). As for the commuters, airflow as Sky Drop Commuter was also an idea I liked as I found the role really interesting and wanted it in the setup; I originally planned to make that 2x, but I had to think of a role for TheCapsFan plus I thought 2x Sky Drop would be OP, so I reduced it to 1x with a 2x Commuter… this duo I was also expecting to be seen as a CC.

The reason I put so many protection roles in was so that town wouldn’t trust them all. Commuters could CC (I even thought a mafia would fakeclaim commuter making this more interesting, ME did it although it didn’t work as a 3-way CC as expected). Lovandra’s role also had many Commuting powers in it. Note how none of the 2 no-kill nights were the result of ArvAl’s role which was good old doctor. This was because of optimal play from jackatlasred’s part (using Skydrop on Human the night he was about to get strongmanned) and because lovandra saved with the only doc shot she got in the game, not ArvAl. Nonetheless, the second save was on the jester so it didn’t really help town anyway. I was also expecting the JOATs to get considered a CC.

Another point I wanted to make in this game is that everyone would get a fun role to play with but said role shouldn’t have mattered too much in the long run; if this game wasn’t the town stomping the mafia, a 1x Skydrop or Busdriver amongst many nightphases or a 1x Lynch Redirector or Wallposter amongst many dayphases wouldn’t mean much. KoP voter was fun to have but not that much powerful. After all, none of the day actions got used and Busdriver was only used as a tool for FA to get confirmed, town didn’t really need it to win. This was the reason there were many 1x mafia abilities around as well.

As for the reason there should have been many day and night phases, it was because I designed the setup in a way that wouldn’t let more than one person to die per phase; mafia also couldn’t die at night in any way; this is why I made the Bus Driver unable to redirect nightkills and the Traitor unable to get nightkilled by their own partners. Both town and scum couldn’t win the game before Day 5, even with optimal play, which was another factor in balance.

Well, I might have accidentally made town OP which made the game easy to get solved by massclaims; but consider the swing that happened with the Jester, the fact that none of the Mafiosi tried claiming early on (despite them getting many claims just because they got public) and get in an alliance and that Town made some great plays. Great save from jackatlasred, HumanDawn played very well and used his role well enough also, Neosquid going YOLO with his Neighborizer and trusting Gaga (which worked out perfectly), Gaga faking cop and drawing a nightkill, Sword Master claiming that he used both commutes when he didn’t… yet there were some role outings that happened for little reason, such as the progressforth, lovandra, ArvAl and Jistonmyface ones. And some misunderstandings over how roles work, as was the case with Rabbit and lovandra.

ALSO, a very important point about Day 1… the cop was almost about to get lynched, if that were to happen, they wouldn’t have got 3 correct checks. On the 3 mafiosi who would return a mafia copcheck, on top of that, since the other two were Godfather and Traitor that never joined the QT. tl;dr this game’s cop is the luckiest Cop ever. Add to this the fact that said cop got all 3 checks even though nghiavip408 skipped a check… this cop is luckier than the one in Star Trek Deep Space Nine imo. Btw, Life played a nice game despite joining in late. Besides, Zexy was the reason town won the game so I’m happy xD

As for Day 5 with the damned mislynch, the only reason it happened was because nghiavip408 was not around to check Leggo…

Hmm, just so I don’t forget this, the reason the silenced person could vote was to prevent a LYLO that automatically makes scum win. Yet lovandra’s Super Meat Boy wasn’t the case, figured it shouldn’t be because it was a day commute rather than a simple silence (lovandra essentially turned into “meat” for that dayphase, that’s how I was thinking of it lmao).

Also, silenced people can’t like posts because I think what I did in XY mafia should be taken in consideration and prohibited in all future games xD

FUN FACTS: At the early design of the game, I considered making Kakuna Matata a Town Rolecop, BadAssGardevoir a Lie Detector and giving TheCapsFan a POSTING IN CAPS restriction. Abilities I have considered for Maniacal Engineer included giving fake copchecks, jailer and a rolecop town could use on fellow town only but the result would also leak to the Mafia QT.

In the end, I think we brought you a fun game; Random Messages is a theme that inspired many people and brought back older players as well as bringing in new ones, so I think it was a success. Thanks to everybody!

Please voice your thoughts and concerns about the game and its outcome, I will try to reply to all of them.

Last edited:
*sigh* game over...

Ah well. As I said earlier, I'd like to thank the hosts for a marvelous job putting together the roles, and I'd like to thank the players.
I learned a lot from this game, and you can be sure you will be seeing more of ME in TWR in the future...just not the immediate future.
@HumanDawn; hats off to you.
Jist, I'm not mad...I'm downright furious

Until next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom