• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game guys! I had a lot of fun! It's amazing we were almost going to lynch the Cop Day 1, but it did get them to ally with the masons and they never got killed later on. I thought the game was fairly balanced, although I did think the Town had a slight edge. I'd have given the Mafia JOAT 1 more Silence and PM blocking usage, even powering the PM blocking to extend to the Night Phase as well. Ultimately roles like Roleblocker, the Commute and the JOAT roles that could have caused mislynches never ended up getting lynched and made it to endgame, even the Fool! We were honestly really lucky, Maniacal Engineer's lynch just led to several other Mafia lynches. It's a big shame about the Rabbit lynch, but if I was not silenced I'd have went for Leggo, but I completely forgot to use my Roleblocker too. I'd cough up the Mafia loss to a lot of bad luck with the Fool, and the Town making great choices throughout the game and trusting the right people. Most of the Mafia played well at first, with 3 of them leaning a bit Town in my Night 1 list, but that didn't last for long. If the three were consistent in looking Townish if the Maniacal Engineer lynch did not happen they might have gotten a bit higher and became more solid. Actually, even without Jist interfering, Maniacal Engineer might have been lynched in the same Day Phase or later because of progressForth's watch result.

Thanks for hosting and a great game, Zexy and returnofmastercrazyhand! I don't regret joining at all.
@Maniacal Engineer;

People trusted me because progressForth said you and Arval visited me. progressForth was trusted and his role was proven with Arval confirming that he targeted me. No Mafia Rolecop would Rolecop their own partners as a clearing attempt in the very, very low chance that a Watcher would watch them. I don't know what to rate you, I think you left too soon, but if the mason doubt kept on I'd have probably suspected you, because I thought your doubt stemmed more from being a new player than scum trying to doubt likely Town members. You being the Godfather also likely helped in you deciding to be very open which contributed to my initial Town read, because if you ever got checked you'd be thought of as likely cleared, so I'd say you used that well, it was just unfortunate you were Watched and lied about flipping Mafia.

@HumanDawn; hilariously, though, I was completely right about the Mason claim.

You are right, though. I was an absolute idiot for targeting you on Night 1, when I knew that PF was targeting you with his ability...
That was completely my fault, and I will definitely be more mindful about things like that in the future.

FTR: I only lied once in thread, and that was the commuter claim. Apparently, being open and forthcoming worked too well and Attracted the Fool's attention. Ah well. Live and learn. I too have no regrets about joining this game, but I do need to keep my ego in check if I am going to be an effective player for either side in the future...

I trusted the Mason claim enough to claim to squiddy or should I say myself

@HumanDawn; hilariously, though, I was completely right about the Mason claim.
You suspected us for the wrong reason

And since you were mafia, you probably didn't even believe what you were saying about us being suspicious.

I actually did find something off about your claim. It was too convenient. I knew you weren't scum, but I figured you were covering up for something. I wasn't lying about my powers of deduction and the fact that I see things other people don't.
I didn't lie in thread except for the commuter claim, so everything I typed in my posts, in thread, I believed. Especially the 404 Post Not Found posts. Outside of the thread, I lied fairly often, but I was a Troll, I had to lie.
Based on your Day 1 actions, you pretty much confirmed NGH as the Cop to ME. Unfortunately, I didn't stick around long enough to actually test that theory or put that knowledge to good use...

I actually did find something off about your claim. It was too convenient. I knew you weren't scum, but I figured you were covering up for something.
It's not a bad idea for actual masons to claim day 1. There's nothing really suspicious about the claim on its own. It's still an awful idea for mafia to fakeclaim mason, under almost every circumstance.

You knew we weren't scum, of course, but you tried to imply we were. And some, like Aussie, believed you. If you weren't fully convincing as town early on, I'd have been suspicious of your alignment day 1. Now I know to never trust you lol

I actually did find something off about your claim. It was too convenient. I knew you weren't scum, but I figured you were covering up for something.
It's not a bad idea for actual masons to claim day 1. There's nothing really suspicious about the claim on its own. It's still an awful idea for mafia to fakeclaim mason, under almost every circumstance.

You knew we weren't scum, of course, but you tried to imply we were. And some, like Aussie, believed you. If you weren't fully convincing as town early on, I'd have been suspicious of your alignment day 1. Now I know to never trust you lol
Actually, I had come to the conclusion that the mason claim was fake on my own and I had put two and two together and figured that since everyone considered mafia claiming mason to be a bad idea, that it was actually a good idea.

Sadly though, I got 5 instead of 4.

That's okay, AE. I was the one who gave you the 5 and disguised it as a 4.

Also, Gaga, you're not wrong. Don't ever trust ME. Especially since I will learn from my mistakes here and be able to blend in easier. This was my first time playing as mafia, and I did it so well, I got lynched because of it (and the stupid mistake I made, but I really think Jist's cop claim was what put the stake through my heart, even if how I played afterward sealed the coffin...)

Actually, I had come to the conclusion that the mason claim was fake on my own and I had put two and two together and figured that since everyone considered mafia claiming mason to be a bad idea, that it was actually a good idea.

It is and will always be a bad idea to claim mason as mafia. Everyone considers it a bad idea because it is.

We were able to claim mason because we were neighbors and they never exist in the same game as masons do. watch some host make them co-exist now

everyone considers jumping into a tank of frenzied sharks to be a bad idea too

Ohhh and for the record @Froakie; I didn't really believe that you subbed out because you didn't like playing Mafia and only 1 Mafia member died, I was trying to sound more convincing that Leggo was Mafia by bringing up the possibility that it might have been stressful for you as Mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom