• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

hHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GUYS DOUBTED ME 2 ROFL

IMA GOD YOUR WELCOME I JUST WON FOR TOWN

GG EZ

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

:^)
Not terribly surprising.

Props to ME for being a very believable townie before.

So...Jist is actually the insane cop and the CC cop is likely the true cop.

He was godfather, so your report was false anyhow.. I guess we can confirm him, but better not trust his reports.

Last edited:

ight so im insane cop it seems like it

rofl I got so lucky i cold have really hurt town

anyway im still of use and I will try to help town win guys

I have contacted the second person to target HD.

I have contacted the second person to target HD.
They might still be mafia.
Sometimes mafia roleblock and check a single target on the same night.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 2: Won the Battle, But the War Isn't Over Yet... 8-1

1 down, 4 lets. Hope it is going to be easy to find another mafia.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 2: Won the Battle, But the War Isn't Over Yet... 8-1

1 down, 4 lets. Hope it is going to be easy to find another mafia.
It's never easy.. Sadly. We don't have anyone close to a solid scumread.

ME being godfather was hilariously the best outcome possible here, since not only is that mafia down, but it pretty much does our work for us in making certain that Jist is a paranoid cop. This is honestly amazing lmao

Not sure what to make of Eevee then, but I still don't want to count out the possibility of him being a scumbuddy to ME. Like I said before, it's possible that those PMs were staged with the intent of trying to save Eevee once the ME lynch was sure to go on, and he seemed so oddly reluctant to go against ME (perhaps legitimately confused as to how a copcheck came up mafia on the godfather?). I dunno if a copcheck (not the paranoid one obviously lol) would be good on Eevee or if it is better used on more inactive players who we have less info in general on, but cop's call on what to do this phase.

Not terribly surprising.

Have both of them check the same person and have them both send you results. Then we can double check what type of cops they are.

Jist's role could be either Insane or Paranoid cop, while the cc could be a normal or maybe even a naive cop.

Also, if you want my side of the conversation, you'll have to ask Engie as I clear out my sent folder every day due to how quickly it fills.

It's not a good idea to delete messages you've sent, but all right.
We can only have 500 PMs stored, between ALL folders. The sent folder had to be sacrificed to allow new PMs, since mafia games generate a lot of messages.

You keep throwing that word around. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I understand that because that would be frustrating, but the things Momoka seemed to be analyzing were word choice and possible word intent - not typos - both of which seem valid for analysis in a mafia game. It just seems counter-productive to not be able to do those things.

THAT is the problem, FA. I am not choosing my words carefully. The only thing I am trying not to do with words is offend somebody. Looking for hidden meaning in my words wastes your time and frustrates me.

EDIT: Also, if you are really 1x deathproof, I especially don't get why you were so passive for most of this game up until roughly the last 24 hours or so. Deathproof is the perfect ability to be active and questioning others with, since you can divert a nightkill onto yourself. It honestly makes me suspicious of you and your claim.

What do you think about the conversations he's posted with ME? I know they could be faked together if ME flips scum but how he just denied posting the PMs feels odd to do as scum, I'd think scum would be very eager to share fake PMs instead of going on a tangent and then posting them anyway, although ME approved them, and actually apparently cutting two of them. I am leaning more on AussieEevee being a very misguided Townie than scum.

If you want those other PMs, you can have them but they really are just character speculation.

Dear Maniacal Engineer, you are
Enzap
Someone said that moderators can't be trolls. You know they are wrong, because you are the exception. The trolliest of moderators, you are Enzap. People call you Gonzap though. You have been using your moderator powers to cover your trollishness, so no one suspects you of really being a troll. You are the Godfather. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Non-Troll" result, although you are allied with the Trolls. Meanwhile, you are using your moderator position to get info for your fellow trolls. You are also a Rolecop. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT ROLECOP: Player and you will learn the role of said player by the end of the night phase.
You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
Maniacal Engineer was banned. He was Enzap the Godfather/Rolecop, a Troll.

... I hate you, @Maniacal Engineer;! *mutters something about never trusting again*

Also, I am happy that I was right on one thing. Enzap was the troll mod.

Not terribly surprising.

Have both of them check the same person and have them both send you results. Then we can double check what type of cops they are.

Jist's role could be either Insane or Paranoid cop, while the cc could be a normal or maybe even a naive cop.

That would be the ultimate evil. one paranoid cop and one naive cop.

Oh my god... This is amazing. You have to be incredibly unlucky to be checked by some kind of insane Cop, and be the Godfather of all roles. That explain's Maniacal's reaction to always saying Jist's claim is fake and desperately wanted to be given a chance. We might have just avoided plenty of Cop cc drama. Just... wow though lady luck must be with us. I agree them checking each other could be helpful.

Since apparently Maniac Engineer checked me with his Rolecop I see little issue in outing my role, I'm a Roleblocker, I block Night actions in the night. I didn't plan on thinking I'd have some proof I was Town thanks to somebody who apparently has Watcher powers finding out the Mafia targeted me. I thought maybe we'd lynch the Mafia Roleblocker or I would be checked, and I'd then try proving my role.
@TheCapsFan; You mentioned having reads you'd post later, what about now?

Oh my god... This is amazing. You have to be incredibly unlucky to be checked by some kind of insane Cop, and be the Godfather of all roles. That explain's Maniacal's reaction to always saying Jist's claim is fake and desperately wanted to be given a chance. We might have just avoided plenty of Cop cc drama. Just... wow though lady luck must be with us. I agree them checking each other could be helpful.

I would like to note that I did consider that possibility earlier in the thread, which you dismissed. I just never anticipated Maniacal Engineer having the godfather role... which means that Jist's incorrect reading got Jist a correct reading. It boggles the mind.

Also, here are the two PMs I skipped earlier (Since ME's permission still applies)

Maniacal Engineer said:
You really think the character based on you is a troll?

If we assume that MCH and Zexy are going off of the actual RM thread and not trying to throw curve balls at us, then I do highly suspect that the character based on ME is a troll...I mean look at my current usertheme. I'm definitely not ashamed of being an Internet Troll.
(Also, don't think I didn't see your comment about outranking ME as a troll back in the day. I ignored it because I had better things to try to do during my short breaks during the conference at work today.)
The other RM poster that I know would definitely be a troll would be jack.

One thing I'd like to do is find the user that's got ME as their character and kill them, for three reasons.
1. They're likely scum. 2. Assuming the Role PM is revealed after a character's death, I'd love to see how MCH and Zexy described ME and what my role is. 3. Worst of all, this person is impersonating ME! There is only one ME!

All in all, though, this thread is an absolute blast, and I am having a really good time.

That said, part of the reason I can have a good time is because I can participate and give this thread my fullest attention on a frequent basis. That I could not do for the XY mafia game, which is why I subbed out. The other players deserve better than receiving my partial attention.

Maniacal Engineer said:
If we're going off of ten years ago, I was a lot worse back then too. I had a really, really, really bad temper. But we're not going off then, we're going off now.

Scummy mod is almost definitely Enzap. KM and Sky don't come off as scummy at all. In fact, Sky is almost an anti-troll.

As I said, sometimes it does feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, and the thread can be a little annoying, but I love a good strategy game.

If you've missed something, then I have too, and I don't often miss things.

I think you can pretty much see why I skipped them. Nothing of value here, other than @Maniacal Engineer; toying with me.

@AussieEevee;
I wonder why he decided to claim you were town, instead of trying to incriminate you to take a town member down. I guess he thought it'd be useless once he died. I considered that he expected you to post them, so someone could come up and question this, but I am not sure if he'd make something so elaborate. He seems like the type of person who would thiugh.

@AussieEevee;
I wonder why he decided to claim you were town, instead of trying to incriminate you to take a town member down. I guess he thought it'd be useless once he died. I considered that he expected you to post them, so someone could come up and question this, but I am not sure if he'd make something so elaborate. He seems like the type of person who would thiugh.

Hmm...

Well, one of two reasons.

1) He knew that he was out and didn't want to see me judged unfairly. Unlikely, but possible. I'm sure Engie the person is a good guy deep inside, underneath all that trolling.
2) Because he flipped mafia, the trolls were probably hoping to make me look guilty for being in full support of ME. Engie is a strategist, so this is the likely conclusion. This is what mafia factions thrive at... forcing the town to kill their own..

*shrug* I don't care what people think of me. All I know is that I am going to reassess my reads. It doesn't clear you or Jist, but it does cast you and Jist in a much more favourable light.

Scumread:
AussieEevee

Possible Scum:
Progressforth
Jist

Netral:
HD, Gags, Leggo

Town:
Momoka

My read to Eevee dont change since day 1. His actions just keep adding the mafia's points on my notes. Progress' get some town points but her whole behaviour still scummy.
Also about Jist, this whole insane cops catched godfather is too coincidental. It more believeable as strategy to clean either ME or Jist rather than a pure coincidence.

I would like to note that I did consider that possibility earlier in the thread, which you dismissed. I just never anticipated Maniacal Engineer having the godfather role... which means that Jist's incorrect reading got Jist a correct reading. It boggles the mind.

I did consider it, but then I dismissed it when progressForth said Maniacal Engineer used a Night Action on me when he had claimed Commuter. I didn't expect Maniacal Engineer to flip up as the Godfather, of all roles.

*shrug* I don't care what people think of me.

I care about what people think of you because if you're Town with a 1x Deathproof there might really be Town members who'd pursue you for two Day phases. Maniacal Engineer was only faking to care about you, he was scum probably trying to get Town credit if you died and flipped Town. I'm your real friend here, AussieEevee-san...

progressForth and Jist being listed as possible scum by lovandra is really confusing to me, but I can cough that up to as paranoia.

Too.Much.Shock.

WTF am I seeing here? My trustworthy ally has now became a troll mafia? Gosh, I over-read him too much and today, I felt betrayed. Well, I think that's my first class rookie mistake of this year :(

I did consider it, but then I dismissed it when progressForth said Maniacal Engineer used a Night Action on me when he had claimed Commuter. I didn't expect Maniacal Engineer to flip up as the Godfather, of all roles.
Neither did I. That was a shock.

*shrug* I don't care what people think of me.

I care about what people think of you because if you're Town with a 1x Deathproof there might really be Town members who'd pursue you for two Day phases. Maniacal Engineer was only faking to care about you, he was scum probably trying to get Town credit if you died and flipped Town. I'm your real friend here, AussieEevee-san...
You are lucky I watch a lot of Japanese Tokusatsu... I get that reference. :p (Makes a mental note that he needs to start watching Anime too)

*shrug* I've had people analyzing the way I talk as evidence of scummy behaviour. FA and Lovandra even admitted to looking for hidden meaning behind my words, when I really just say what's on my mind, even if it's stupid. I can't really convince them that I am town, so I just don't care anymore. Add to the fact that I'm positive the mafia has a strongman to break through the two or three protective roles the town has (Not including the doc).

But I have been giving it some thought, and I hope my insight is useful.

progressForth and Jist being listed as possible scum by lovandra is really confusing to me, but I can cough that up to as paranoia.

Maybe the same reason I don't fully trust either of them, and the reason that I was disturbed that you did.

Have you heard of Bussing? I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but I'm going to keep it in mind.

Also, I was thinking... In most mafias, the mafia only has to tie with the town to win... In this mafia, Engie's role PM said they have to eliminate the town to win... Is it possible, by any stretch of the imagination, that we are lookingat an even number of townies to mafia, to start with?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom