• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 0: Signups
    Reaction score
    Pronouns
    1. He/Him
    Random Messages Mafia
    All was peaceful in the Random Messages thread, the land of Comic Sans... until a bunch people of decided to troll the others. Secretly conspiring over how they will annoy the hell out of the other users. Recently, they found a way to ban people, but they can only ban one person per night. The other users finally realised that they have to revolt and are now helping the moderators deal with the issue. And Random Messages has thus become a battlefield...

Welcome to Random Messages Mafia, co-hosted by returnofmastercrazyhand and @Zexy;!
    In this game 20 people will assume the identities of the regulars of the Random Messages Thread and battle it out. From the one side we have the moderators and the regular users (Non-Trolls), and from the other we have the Trolls. Which side will win is up to you!

We would like to thank all the people whose characters will be used as roles, for being great friends of ours and letting us use them as characters for this game. We would also like to thank in advance all the people who will play, and apologize for any potential hosting mistakes or issues in balance.

Rules:
    1. All Forum Rules apply.
    2. Please, let's keep it civil. It is just a game.
    3. Day phases last 48 hours, Night phases last 24 hours. Everything will FREEZE as soon as the deadline we give passes, in case we won't be able to update straight away, there is no extra time. If we are sure that neither of us will be able to update we may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
    4. Please be active. If you fail to post in-thread after 48 hours, you should get subbed out.
    5. Do not share your role PM or any QT created by us. No screenshots either.
    6. No nameclaiming. You can’t hint, confirm or deny who your character is. All of them can result in a modkill.
    7. Please include us in all PM conversations and QT's not created by us. Our Skype accounts are returnofMCH and konstantinosg. For any other means of communication, please copy-paste the dialogue and PM it to both of us.
    8. If you change username, please state your old and new ones in-thread.
    9. To vote, use VOTE: Zexy. To unvote, use UNVOTE: Zexy. Reminder, editing votes out is against the War Room rules.
    10. If two players have the most votes tied, No Lynch happens. If a player and No Lynch have the most votes tied, the player is lynched.
    11. We can change the rules if need be. All of you will be informed of course.
    12. Make sure to have fun!
    Players:
    1 @jackatlasred TheCapsFan - Town 2x Commuter - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    2 @lovandra Shiny Metagross - Town Indie Game Player - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    3 @Archmage Dragelsnart Archmage Dragelsnart - Town Miller - Killed Night 1 - WON THE GAME!
    4 @Hellcrow Rainbow Cloud - Town Kingdom of Pokemon Voter - Lynched Day 4 - WON THE GAME!

5 @Maniacal Engineer Enzap - Mafia Godfather/Rolecop - Lynched Day 2
    6 @TheCapsFan AussieEevee - Mafia 1x Strongman/1x Ninja - Lynched Day 7
    7 @DrumBeats Flopunny - Mafia Traitor/1x Backup Rolecop - Lynched Day 3

8 @Oaky @Kyriaki Kakuna Matata - Town Wallposter - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    9 @Jistonmyface Neosquid - Independent Voteless Jester - Survived
    10 @FinalArcadia BadAssGardevoir - Town 1x Bus Driver - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    11 @ArvAl returnofMCH - Town Doctor - Killed Night 5 - WON THE GAME!

12 @Froakie @Leggo Maniacal Engineer - Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades (1x Encryptor 1x Silencer 1x Role Thief) - Lynched Day 5
    13 @nghiavip408 @Life Zexy - Town Cop - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    14 @HumanDawn Gaga - Town Roleblocker - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    15 @Gaga Shiny Celebi - Town 1x Lynch Redirector - Killed Night 6 - WON THE GAME!
    16 @Sword Master airflow - Town 1x Sky Drop - WON THE GAME!
    17 @Rainsquid @Archmage Dragelsnart Terrell - Town 1x Neighborizer - WON THE GAME!
    18 @progressforth Rainbow - Town Pop'n Music Player (Jack-Of-All-Trades 1x Cop 2x Tracker 2x Watcher) - Survived - WON THE GAME!
    19 @AussieEevee @Doctor Floptopus Scarlet Sky - Town 1x Deathproof - Survived - WON THE GAME!

20 @Ghostly jackatlasred - Town Roleblocker - Lynched Day 4

Subs:
    1. @Kyriaki; subbed in day 1
    2. @Leggo; subbed in day 2
    3. @Flopunny; subbed in day 3
    4. @Archmage Dragelsnart; subbed in day 2 Nightkilled night 4
    5. @Life; subbed in night 5
    Timeline:
    Night 0: prelude to the most random war ever(story starter)
    Day 1: let the war of randomness begin!(kyriaki subbed in for oakly);
    Night 1: I am Very Dissapointer in this Outcome!(no one died)
    Day 2: The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll (archmage dragelsnart died as himself)
    Night 2: Won the Battle, But the War Isn't Over Yet... (maniacal engineer was lynched as enzap)
    Day 3: Huzzah! No Casualties Last Night! (no one died)
    Night 3: 2 Down, But How Many are Left? (Drumbeats died as flopunny)
    Day 4: Another Night of Nothingness (no one died... again)
    Night 4: The Trolls Should Be Getting Desperate...(momoka died as jackatlasred)
    Day 5: No More Gangstas, No More Fun.(archmage dragelsnaret died as terrell)
    Night 5: COMBO BREAKER!(rabbit died as rainbow cloud)
    Day 5: I'm Dead, Sorry Guys :((arval died as myself)
    Night 6: Their Fates are Nearly Sealed(leggo died as maniacal engineer)
    Day 7: Not The Deputy Admin!!!!!!(gaga died as shiny celebi)
    Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (Town Wins) (thecapsfan died as aussieeevee/heroic pooch)
    (final words here and here)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Night 0: Oops, I Screwed up
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Accepting Subs! 8-10-15

Everyone was waiting for the announcement. The staff members entered the thread. In the middle was Administrator Shiny Celebi, with Super Moderator Kakuna Matata in her right. Moderators Scarlet Sky and Enzap were standing on the sides. Shiny Celebi took a step forward, mentioned 16 of the Random Messages regulars and announced.

"Dear users posting in the Random Messages Thread. I am bringing you bad news. The trolls among you have found a way to ban a user every 24 hours. They will most probably issue the bans in the night, when the thread is inactive. For this to be possible, one of these three has to be a troll as well. Only a staff member could have found a way to ban people."

Everyone was shocked. One of the staff members was a troll?!
    Shiny Celebi continued:

"Since one of these three is also a troll, the staff alone isn't able to take action all by themselves. This is why we brought you here. We want you all to use the thread as a place in which you will voice your suspicion about other users who you think are trolls. Remember, everyone can be a troll, and the staff can't find them, as they do not use Bulbagarden Forums to communicate, but rather QuickTopic."

People were confused, this thread was all about randomness and jokes and fun. Now they have to point fingers at each other?!

"Finally, I want you all to report whoever you think is suspicious. The person with the most reports will get banned. We will repeat this process once a day until all the trolls are banned away from the site."

Most were not content with the idea, but what had to be done had to be done. And thus,once the preperations were complete by tomorrow, Random Messages will have become a battlefield...

It is now Night 0, prepare youself by talking in your quicktopics or skypes.
    Also, @Sword Master; @Oaky; and @Neosquid; if you don't post a confimation by tomorrow, you can and WILL be subbed out day 1.

Last edited:
    Day 1: Let the War of Randomness Begin!
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 0: Prelude To The Most Random War Ever. 8-10-15

The night was stressful, yet random as always, although in a different way. Some people stayed in-thread and started accusing each other, sometimes for the smallest of reasons, like arguments about game consoles, discussions about canines and foxes, as well as related evolution puns. Others decided to stay away from the randomness and get some private time to think, as from tomorrow onwards everyone had to get serious. Meanwhile, the trolls in the QuickTopic discussed over how they would get off this dire situation Shiny Celebi forced on them while Baf looked at the ban logs only to find out they had been deleted somehow.

One thing was for sure; the extra time motivated them all, so by the time the day has come, they were finally ready to report people.

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours.

Last edited:
    Night 1: I am Very DIssapointer in this Outcome
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 1: Let the War of Randomness Begin! 8-11-15

It was a hard day for everyone. Some people tried to joke early on, but others called them out so they stopped.

Having to get serious, though, they realized that they were completely unsure of who they should report. Someone suggested that it would be a nice idea if no ban was issued that day, despite this letting the trolls ban one more user the following night. Many followed.

The most aggresive users called them out again, though, which eventually separated the users in two groups, who suggested two different candidates for today's ban.

In the end, they couldn't decide which one should get banned, so Shiny Celebi told them that she will ban no one today...

No one died.

Night 1 has begun! You have 24 hours to submit your night actions!

Day 2: The Troll That was Trolled and Died a Non-Troll
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 1: I am Very Dissapointer in this Outcome! 8-13-15

"I am very dissapointer in this outcome!", said the person who was against the idea of not banning anyone earlier. They kept explaining how not banning people is beneficial for the trolls.

Meanwhile, people kept accusing each other, while the trolls discussed about their plans for tonight in the QuickTopic. They decided the person they should ban is Archmage Dragelsnart. Probably because he wanted to join them in the past but they did not want him in.

By the time morning came, Archmage Dragelsnart was no longer around.

Dear Archmage Dragelsnart, you are
    Archmage Dragelsnart
    You would like to be a Random Messages troll, but the trolls are trollier than you and troll you by not letting you become one of the trolls like them. The hosts also trolled your character by giving him a trolly role that trolls the person who gets it, and the cop who checks it.
    You are the trollMiller. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Troll" result, although you are not allied with the Trolls. You want to get revenge on the Trolls for being trollier than you and trolling you by not letting you become one of dem trolls.
    You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when the Trolls are eliminated.
    Archmage Dragelsnart was banned. He was Archmage Dragelsnart the Miller, Non-Troll.

Most were surprised about this outcome; they thought Archmage Dragelsnart was one of the trolls, so the revelation that the trolls banned him was shocking.

What was more shocking, though, is that when some tried to PM the people they trusted, they found out they couldn't.

Shiny Celebi soon posted in-thread: "Apologies, users, but it looks like the trolls have hacked our private message system. Everyone is unable to PM others until I fix this issue; it will probably be fixed by nighttime. Which means that you will have to pick a user to get banned without the convenience of private communication for today."

Day 2 has started! You have 48 hours!
    You are unable to send any game-related private messages for the entirety of Day 2.

Night 2: Won the Battle, but the War Isn't Over Yet...
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

Shiny Celebi expected lots of complaints about private messges not working, but that didn't happen as everyone was focused on finding trolls.

Soon enough, someone made an announcement:
    “I have developed a program that lets me analyze which people from this thread have access to the Trolls QT. It takes an entire night to confirm a single user as a troll or not, though. Last night I used said program to check if Enzap was a troll; and guess what, he is!”

Many were shocked; Enzap was displaying trollish behavior before but they wouldn’t expect the trolls who ban people to be this open with trolling in thread as they would get caught.
    Enzap defended himself:
    “You have to be lying, so I will report you. I would like everyone to know that due to being a moderator, I can make my account untraceable by any computer program that operates outside Bulbagarden’s vBulletin software.”

People didn’t believe said claim nonetheless and started reporting him en masse. By the middle of the day only, it looked pretty obvious that Enzap would get banned today. The rest of the day passed without much activity, although someone stepped in to inform the users that Enzap has to be a troll, since they saw him tampering with a certain user's profile last night.

All was lost for Enzap. Yet he wouldn't go down the way they wanted, he would go down the way HE wanted!
    He took the opportunity to troll Random Messages one more time. He started off by posting a pictures of lolcats.

"wat"
    "He's posting lolcats so we will spare him! He is conceding!"
    "You mean he a troll?!"
    "Definitely."

After a few more lolcat images, Enzap spoke up:
    “Yes, I am a troll! Gonzap the moderator troll! I’ve got much experience from being in the Bulbagarden staff so I have developed the system that lets us ban users, once per night!”

The users have already started to spam the thread with smileys as they figured that after Enzap’s banning no more troll bannings would happen. But Enzap continued:
    “You think the trolls are done for now that you caught me, don’t you? NOT AT ALL! I have secretly made all my partners staff members!”

Shiny Celebi looked in awe, how is this even possible?!
    “Yes, SC, it is possible. For I am Gonzap the troll mod!
    This means that despite my ban, my fellow trolls can keep banning people once per night! We won’t fall this easily!”

Shiny Celebi was infuriated; after Enzap gathered a whooping total of X reports, the most reports one has received before they get infracted about it, she forcibly changed his username to “Goosenap", his usertitle to "The Most Reported Troll of All", his avatar to a trollface, and his signature to:

"I'm a troll, troll, troll!
    With no self-control! -trol! -trol!"

"This is nice and all, but you eventually have to ban him, Shiny Celebi."
    "Oh right! Oops!"

All he could say before getting banned was:
    “At least now that I no longer have to masquerade here, I have more free time to watch One Piece! Good luck buddies!”

Dear Maniacal Engineer, you are
    Enzap
    Someone said that moderators can't be trolls. You know they are wrong, because you are the exception. The trolliest of moderators, you are Enzap. People call you Gonzap though. You have been using your moderator powers to cover your trollishness, so no one suspects you of really being a troll. You are the Godfather. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Non-Troll" result, although you are allied with the Trolls. Meanwhile, you are using your moderator position to get info for your fellow trolls. You are also a Rolecop. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT ROLECOP: Player and you will learn the role of said player by the end of the night phase.
    You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
    Maniacal Engineer was banned. He was Enzap the Godfather/Rolecop, a Troll.

The users were happy to see Enzap banned, although they couldn’t help chuckle on his final words. Around an hour later, Shiny Celebi, who has since calmed down, reported:
    “Today, dear users of Bulbagarden, we did not win one battle, but two! I managed to successfully restore private messages and even found a way to ensure that they won’t get brought down by the trolls, at least not with the same measures they took to do that this time. Now rest, users, and hope that something will cause the trolls to fail banning someone tonight; for all we know, Enzap could be lying.”

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours.
    Private communication is allowed again.

Last edited:
    Day 3: No Casualties? No Problem!
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 2: Won the Battle, But the War Isn't Over Yet... 8-1

Some people stayed active in the night, discussing while waiting for the trolls to make a move.
    Yet nothing happened until day happened.

"Could it be that Enzap was lying?"
    "We should continue banning people, Enzap can't be the only troll, what is the purpose of the Quicktopic then?", Shiny Celebi said. She added: "This means that we should continue banning the users that we suspect as trolls for the time being. Let's discuss."

No one died.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours.

Night 3: A Massive Flop by the Trolls
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 3: Huzzah! No Casualties Last Night! 8-18-15

It was going well for the non-trolls. Enzap got banned, PMs were fixed, no one got banned last night... And it would only get better.

"Flop has been sending me some really suspicious PMs lately... she said she was back-up cop and she was flip-flopping a lot about it."
    "Of course she would be flip-flopping a lot, she is Flop."
    "This is no time for jokes based on her username."
    "I don't think it's just a joke; if one person would be flip-flopping between non-trolls and trolls, that is Flop."
    "... I think you are right. REPORT HER!!!"

Flopunny got lots of reports so she had to speak up:
    "Don't report me! I am Flop, the back-up cop! I do not flip-flop, I am honestly the back-up cop."

Most did not trust her; after all, she was a mafia game player who could easily lie to further her agenda. In her most recent game she lied really effectively, so many people suspected her after that.

It was only a while before Shiny Celebi were to issue the ban, that Flop revealed her true colours:
    "TROLLS! I am not yet one of you, but I would like to become one! I want to join your QT please! I know I'll get banned but I want to be by your side and help you through the QT, in which I will still be able to post despite getting banned from Bulbagarden!"

The non-trolls don't know if she really joined that QT or not; but just because she might join it, they realized that her ban had to happen.

Shiny Celebi banned Flopunny.

Dear DrumBeats, you are
    Flopunny
    You are also known as Flip. Or Flop. Or Flip Flop. Or Flopjack. You have been playing mafia games, and you have been recently getting a lot the role cop, so people also call you Cop Flop. You are the flip-flopping troll of the bunch.
    You are a Traitor. You start as a standalone troll that looks as non-troll in copchecks. Whenever you wish, you can PM the hosts Add me to Mafia QT. You will then join the QT with your troll allies, performing a flip-flop. From then onwards you will investigate as a troll to the cop, though, so be careful.
    Just because you like the cop role, though, we will give you an extra gift; if the mafia Rolecop dies you have a Back-up Rolecop shot to use.
    If the Trolls were to nightkill you before you join them, the kill will fail and you will forcibly join them.
    You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
    DrumBeats was banned. He was Flopunny, the Traitor of the Trolls.

"This is great! Hope the trolls fail to ban anyone tonight as well!"

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours.

Day 4: Again With the Lack of Suffering
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 3: 2 Down, But How Many are Left? 8-20-15

In the night, the users were chatting about Flop's flip-flop and what implications this has to their suspicions... then the day came up. No one got banned, again.

No one died.

"This is great! Let's keep banning the right people."

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours.

Night 4: The Trolls Lost Their Source of Spam
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 4: Another Night of Nothingness 8-21-15

One of the self-proclaimed leaders of the users when it comes to figuring the trolls out spoke up:
    "jack is a troll. Trust me on this."
    Most would trust them of course, leading to posts such as:
    "Nice! Reporting him!"
    "Me too!"
    "Count me in!"
    "Oh yes, this is great!"

12 reports later, jackatlasred tried to defend himself:
    "How do you even make a case on me without using tho, tho? I'm not a troll tho, I'm everyone's beloved little princess :3"
    But he didn't achieve much:
    "... yeah, sure. Just ban him!"
    "NO! Ban me instead!"
    "Trying to get yourself banned is foolish..."
    "I think it's a troll toying with us tho. Reporting."

He kept trying nonetheless:
    "I won't go down this easily tho!"
    "You have 12 reports, jack, don't even try..."
    "Trying is fun tho."

Shiny Celebi considered banning jackatlasred earlier than intended, but ultimately decided against this. Nonetheless she banned him later.

Dear Momoka, you are
    jackatlasred
    One of the Random Messages' trolls, who has been playing mafia games, you have taken the duty of preventing the Non-Trolls from doing anything. You are the Roleblocker. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT ROLEBLOCK: Player and said player will be unable to use their night action (if they have one) that night.
    Momoka was banned. She was jackatlasred the Roleblocker, Troll.

"This was awesome! Let's keep going!"
    "We have to wait, tho :)"

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours.

Day 5: No More Gangstas, No More Fun
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 4:The Trolls Should Be Getting Desperate... 8-23-15

"This is going extremely well! I doubt any user will get banned tonight.", Terrell said.
    This was the last thing he said before his name got a strikeout...

Dear Archmage Dragelsnart, you are
    Terrell
    You are the one who talks about sexy dancing. Using it, you can persuade Non-Trolls to ally with you. Trolls are immune to this but will play along in an attempt to deceive you.
    You are a Neighborizer. Once in the game, at any point, you can PM us the name of a player you want to become Neighbors with; you two will then join a Neighbors QT together. That player will know that you are a Non-Troll. You will not be sure of their alignment, however, so be careful!
    Archmage Dragelsnart was banned. He was Terrell, Neighborizer, Non-Troll.

"Looks like Enzap was not lying. Let's keep going, so we can avenge Archmage Dragelsnart and Terrell."

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours.

Night 5: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 5: No More Gangstas, No More Fun. 8-24-15

1 @jackatlasred;
    2 @lovandra;
    4 @Rabbit;
    6 @TheCapsFan;
    8 @Kyriaki;
    9 @蜃気楼;
    10 @FinalArcadia;
    11 @ArvAl;
    12 @Leggo;
    13 nghiavip408
    14 @HumanDawn;
    15 @Gaga;
    16 @Sword Master;
    18 @progressforth;
    19. @Flopunny;

Terrell's ban threw the non-trolls in a state of disarray. Thus a case on Rainbow Cloud was formed, and no one got really active:

"Rainbow Cloud is suspicious! After all he never reports people. I'll report him."
    "He is too stuck on Kingdom of Pokemon on top of that. This could be a way for him to stay under the radar. I'll report him too!"
    "I don't like rainbows, ponies and Mew! This is enough! Report."
    "I trust you all. Report."

Rainbow Cloud did little to defend himself. He was too stuck on Kingdom of Pokemon to do that.
    Shiny Celebi just striked him out.

Dear Rabbit, you are
    RainbowCloud
    Despite being a Random Messages regular, your favourite Fun and Games thread is the Kingdom of Pokemon. Old habits die hard, they say, so despite being a mafia game character, you are not used to the way voting works in mafia games, but in Kingdom of Pokemon.

Your vote in-thread does not count. In every day phase you can PM the hosts three names, in the following format:

UP-VOTE: Player 1
    DOWN-VOTE: Player 2
    DOWN-VOTE: Player 3

Player 1 will get +0,5 vote, Player 2 and 3 will get -0,5 vote. No one but you will be informed of this.

Rabbit was banned. He was RainbowCloud, Kingdom of Pokemon Voter, Non-Troll

"I think this was a bad move. We should try to stop the trolls from turning the tables.

It is now Night 5. You have 24 hours. @nghiavip408; has to be subbed out for inactivity. @Life; could you please replace?

As for the vote count confusion, I accidentally deleted Leggo from the list of Rabbit voters. Sorry :)

Last edited:
    Day 6: He Didn't Return this Time..,
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 5:COMBO BREAKER!. 8-26-15

1 @jackatlasred;
    2 @lovandra;
    6 @TheCapsFan;
    8 @Kyriaki;
    9 @蜃気楼;
    10 @FinalArcadia;
    11 @ArvAl;
    12 @Leggo;
    13 @Life;
    14 @HumanDawn;
    15 @Gaga;
    16 @Sword Master;
    18 @progressforth;
    19. @Flopunny;

"We have to get it together! No wrong bans to afford, no time to lose!" , returnofmastercrazyhand said.

Then he got banned; apparently the trolls were afraid that he could save people from getting banned in some way; he has claimed he can do it before, although no one knew how.

The answer was simple: Host Powers. Not that the people of Random Messages would understand...

Dear ArvAl, you are
    returnofmastercrazyhand
    You are one of the two hosts of this game; as a result, you can protect a person from dying if you feel like it.
    You are the Doctor. Once per night, you can PM the (real) hosts PROTECT: Player and that player will be protected from the trolls' nightkill.
    ArvAl was banned. He was returnofmastercrazyhand, Doctor, Non-Troll

"Let's not forget MCH's last words... GET IT TOGETHER!"

It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours.

Last edited:
    Night 6: Death? Don't Make ME Laugh!
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 5:COMBO BREAKER!. 8-26-15

The leading figure spoke up again: "After taking many things into consideration, I think you should ban ME today."
    Then someone replied: "I find it a little strange that you want to get yourself banned, but I trust you, so let's do that. I'm reporting you."
    "LOL don't ban me, ban ME. Maniacal Engineer, you know?"
    "Oh okay! Reporting ME!"

ME eventually replied; to everyone's surprise, he reported himself.
    "How do you dare report ME without asking ME for permission?!
    The best troll in this world is ME. Indeed, you just got ME. But only ME will decide how ME will get banned! Everyone, report ME please! I will report myself, also! ME's vote is on ME!"
    "LOL, ME, if you are indeed a troll you shouldn't have voted yourself or just flat-out admit it!"
    "I won't let anyone become a better troll than ME! So many trolls have been banned already, so this will be ME's final trolling in Bulbagarden! There is no point for ME trying to stick around anyway. I hope you won't ever forget ME!"

In the end, Shiny Celebi banned ME.

...and since Shiny Celebi banned me, I cannot post this update. Wait, it wasn't me, it was ME...

Dear Leggo, you are
    Maniacal Engineer
    You are ME. Not me! ME! One of Random Messages' best trolls, something you take pride in. You have also been playing mafia games for a while.
    You are Maniacal. You are an Engineer. You are the Engineer. You take pride, in the three machines you created; the Encryptor, the Silencer and the Role Stealing Machines. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT one of the three following actions:

1) Use Encyrptor : will disallow any private messaging bar QTs made by the hosts for the entirety of the following dayphase.
    2) Silence: Player: will disallow said player for posting in the game thread or liking posts there, will also disallow them from sending PMs to people or posting in QTs, for the entirety of the following dayphase. They can still vote though, if they message the hosts their vote privately.
    3) Role Thief: Player: if the player this ability is used on has a night action, they will get roleblocked for said night and you will get a shot of their night action you can use in a later night, alongside the previous two abilities if you wish so. If the player this ability is used on does not have a night action, this ability is not wasted and you can try using it on someone else in the next night.

Leggo was banned. She was Maniacal Engineer, Jack of All Trades, Troll

"We are almost done! Let's keep going!"

It is now Night 6. You have 24 hours.

Day 7: Not the Deputy Admin!
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 6: Their Fates are Nearly Sealed 8/28/15

After the recent success, Shiny Celebi posted to thank all the non-trolls for their efforts:
    "We have bested 4 trolls with your help, and for this me, and the entire Bulbagarden staff, on my behalf, have to thank you.
    To be completely honest, though, I was given permission to ban whoever I think is a troll without having to adhere to the result of your reports."

That reveal probably upset the trolls; besides, she was the leading figure no one dared to suspect: thus in a single second, Shiny Celebi turned into Shiny Celebi...

Dear Gaga, you are
    Shiny Celebi
    You are the Random Messages regular who is also an administrator. This means you can use your powers to change phase outcomes on a whim.
    You are a Lynch Redirector. Once in the game, in the day phase, you can PM the hosts the name of a player you want lynched; that player will get lynched no matter the day phase's voting.
    Gaga was banned. He was Shiny Celebi, Lynch Redirector, Non-Troll

"We lost our admin, what will we do?!"
    "Don't worry about it!", Kakuna Matata said: "I will take over. I just posted in the staff thread and asked that I should be promoted to administrator so that the troll-purging mission might continue!"
    "That's awesome, KM! Hope you get promoted!"

... Kakuna Matata became Kakuna Matata
    "Congratulations KM!"
    "Congats!"
    "Wow that's great! Hope you will keep having enough time to make wallposts!"
    "Thanks, everyone! I will keep making wallposts, you should not worry about it. However, let's all get serious again, because we are not yet done; let's go find the remaining trolls!"

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours (unless it becomes 24 :) )

Endgame: Peace and Prosperity at Last!
  • Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 7: Not The Deputy Admin!!!!!! 8/29/15

After Shiny Celebi’s ban, Gaga spoke up:
    “It is a shame Shiny Celebi got banned; I was one of her closest allies, alongside Zexy, Terrell and returnofmastercrazyhand. We even had a QT in which we were talking privately. We can finally reveal the link: Masons & Friends & Knuckles - QuickTopic free message board hosting .
    I also PM’d Maniacal Engineer some stuff the night before his ban, hope they shocked him enough they distracted him from trolling people that night.”

Dear HumanDawn, you are
    Gaga
    Your posts and signatures have been shocking people for a long while. You have been playing mafia games long ago.
    You are the Roleblocker. Once per night, you can PM the hosts ROLEBLOCK: Player and that player will be unable to use their night action, if they have any.
    HumanDawn won the game! He was Gaga, Roleblocker, Non-Troll
    Zexy posted next:
    “Let me explain how Shiny Celebi was able to figure out so many trolls; I have developed the program Neosquid spoke of. He was lying, but I am not; using it, we figured out jackatlasred and Maniacal Engineer… and now we know that the final troll is none other than AussieEevee, just as expected.”

Dear Life, you are
    Zexy
    You are me, not ME. I am writing my own character here, nice xD
    You are the former Random Messages regular who is no longer a regular, but got summoned by returnofmastercrazyhand to help out with this mafia game. For this, returnofthemastercrazyhand rewarded him with a spot in the game. As one of the hosts, you know everyone's alignment!
    You are the Cop. Once per night phase you can PM the hosts CHECK: Player and you will learn the alignment of the player you picked at the end of the nightphase.
    Life won the game! He was Zexy, Cop, Non-Troll

airflow spoke up next: “AussieEevee, how could you? Anyways, now that this is over I can perform more Sky Drops with Braviary in my Pokemon game!”

Dear jackatlasred, you are
    airflow
    You are a new face in Random Messages, but already built up quite the name. You like Flying-type Pokemon, especially Braviary.
    Your ability is the Pokemon move Sky Drop. Once in the game, in the nightphase, you can PM the hosts Sky Drop: Player. You and that player will be unable to post or like posts in-thread, send game-related PMs or post in game-related QTs until the end of the night phase. You will be imprevious to all night actions, including nightkills, though.
    jackatlasred won the game! He was airflow, Sky Drop Commuter, Non-Troll

Next up was Rainbow: “I knew it was him! Reporting. Now that we are done with this, I can spend more time in playing PnM; having to restrict myself to playing at night only was hard.”

Dear progressforth, you are
    Rainbow
    You LOVE Pop 'n Music. It is a game in which you push buttons according to a song that plays in the background.
    In the 5-button mode, there are 2 green buttons, 2 blue buttons and 1 red button. Once per night, you can push a button of whichever colour you like and select a player name. PM the hosts the button color and the player you want to push to achieve this. Each button will give you an ability when you push it, that will be used on said player. You are not supposed to know what the abilities are after it's done.
    progressforth won the game. They were Rainbow, Pop’n Music Player, Non-Troll

TheCapsFan said: “YOU ARE GETTING REPORTED POOCH! NEITHER OF US POSTED MUCH BUT YOU ARE THE TROLL HERE.”

Dear Sword Master, you are
    TheCapsFan
    You have been coming and going, you have a newfound interest for mafia games.
    You are a Commuter. Twice in the game, in the night phase, you can PM the hosts Commute. You will be unable to post or like posts in-thread, send game-related PMs or post in game-related QTs until the end of the night phase. You will be imprevious to all night actions, including nightkills, though.
    Sword Master won the game. He was TheCapsFan, Commuter, Non-Troll

Shiny Metagross was next: “I am disappoint in you, Pooch. I guess this ending gives me more time to play indie games.”

Dear lovandra, you are
    Shiny Metagross
    You live in Vegas, have played a few mafia games, and have been trying to create your own indie game. You like indie games, don't you?
    You are the Indie Game Player. Once per night, you can PM the hosts one of the following indie game names:

Braid
    Minecraft
    Super Meat Boy
    Cave Story
    Bastion

Depending on what you pick, a certain ability will be activated. You can only guess what ability does each game unlock.
    lovandra won the game. She was Shiny Metagross, Indie Game Player, Non-Troll

BadAssGardevoir got the next post: “I am reporting Pooch! We are all badass! Did I mention I love the move Skill Swap?”

Dear FinalArcadia, you are
    BadAssGardevoir
    You are a Gardevoir. And you are badass. As a Gardevoir you have the annoying but interesting Skill Swap move.
    You are a Bus Driver. Once in the game, in a night phase, you can pick two players and PM their names to the hosts; any actions that target one of the players will instead resolve on the other player. The nightkill is excluded from this.
    FinalArcadia won the game! She was BadAssGardevoir, Bus Driver, Non-Troll

The mods finally spoke up, with ScarletSky going first: “RM brings the worst in you. I have to report you. Also, I want everyone to know that this was an extremely stressful experience for me, so I asked to stop being a moderator. Hope my replacement makes Fun and Games a better place and fares better than me.”

Dear Flopunny, you are
    Scarlet Sky
    You are a moderator, so you can use such powers to avoid death.
    You are a 1x Deathrpoof. You will not die the first time you are about to die, be it for any reason.
    Flopunny won the game! She was Scarlet Sky, Deathproof, Non-Troll

“Alright, AussieEevee, we figured you out. Any last words before Random Messages gets its trolls purged forever?”, said KM. She added: “I am happy this is about to end, I got a promotion and will soon make a wallpost!”

Dear Kyriaki, you are
    Kakuna Matata
    You are the Random Messages regular who is a busy super moderator, which means you only come from time to time, like posts en masse then post a wallpost in which you reply to all the content you skimmed through while liking posts.
    You are a Wallposter. Once in the game, in the day phase, you can PM the hosts to make a wallpost. The thread will be notified that you made a wallpost, which negates all votes that happened prior to it in said day phase, because the surprise and excitement of the wallpost make people forget about their earlier votes.
    Kyriaki won the game! She was Kakuna Matata, Wallposter, Non-Troll

AussieEevee had some last words to say: “Oh well, I am a sad Pooch :( Besides there is no coke in the house, which makes it harder… Whatever, I am the last troll, and I’ll do what I want! And what I want to do is… apologize. It all started as a joke, we didn’t think it would get this far. I give up, on the behalf of all of us. Here is our QT: Random Messages Trolls QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
    “So, you just confirmed yourself as a troll… if you really want to apologize, you should lift all the bans you four caused.”, was KM’s response.
    “Alright, I’ll do that”.

Archmage Dragelsnart, Terrell, returnofmastercrazyhand and Shiny Celebi got their bans lifted. The latter, who was checking the thread as a guest, immediately logged in when she realized this, then she posted the QT she shared with Terrell: Random Messages Neighbors QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Zexy added: “While we are posting QTs, let me re-post the ones that got revealed earlier:
    Random Messages - QuickTopic free message board hosting
    Anyfin Goes - QuickTopic free message board hosting

“So, what should be done with AussieEevee, should he get banned?”
    “Unfortunately, yes; despite the apology, what he and his team did was too much, thus he has to get permanently banned.”
    After this Kakuna Matata banned AussieEevee.

Dear TheCapsFan, you are
    AussieEevee
    Ah, the Australian Random Messages troll... you have been playing mafia games, too.
    You are the troll who does the dirty work of killing, but you are the best when it comes to that, too. Once in the game, in the night phase, you can use each of the following abilities; you can't use both together, though:

1) Strongman Kill: Player The nightkill bypasses doctor protection or Bulletproof roles that night.
    2) Ninja Kill: Player The nightkill cannot be seen as a result of a Tracker role that night.

TheCapsFan was banned. He was AussieEevee, Strongman/Ninja Killer, Troll

Only Neosquid was left: “I gave anyfin I got in trying to get lynched, but nofin happened. I am sad…”

Dear蜃気楼, you are
    Neosquid
    You were a moderator. You are a troll, but you believe you are better than the others and refuse to work with them. You have been playing mafia games recently.
    You are the Jester. You are also Voteless. Your votes in-thread don't count since no one cares about an obvious troll's vote.
    You are an independent and you win if you get lynched.
    蜃気楼 did not fulfill his win condition. He was Neosquid the Independent Jester.

Shiny Celebi became an administrator again, and Kakuna Matata kept her promotion. Scarlet Sky resigned just as he said. Baf became a Fun and Games moderator to compensate for the two losses, although more Fun and Games moderators might get hired in the next staff drive.
    Fun and Games lost 5 of its regulars, though… the trolls were frequent posters despite their trolling. Even the War Room lost 4 regulars, as 4 out of 5 trolls were mafia game players. Even the Wash got casualties from this. Lifting the trolls’ bans was brought up, as they apologized and stopped banning people; yet the staff did not want such a thing to happen.
    Yet, just a bit later, someone going by the username Eznap joined the forums and brought his four friends in, going by the usernames of Flopbunny, jackatlusred, Mechanical Engineer and OzzyEevee. The five quickly became regulars… some think they are the trolls' sockpuppets, but no one ever reported them and the staff doesn’t take action. They seem like good people. Eznap is a potential moderator candidate.

In the end, everyone is happy with the outcome and Random Messages is again the fun place it is supposed to be.
    Until a new age of trolls shows up, at least...

THE END

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom