• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages Thread: Episode XII riPepperonis

Who is to blame for new RM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Thread 12: Now With More Pulp!

Anyone wanna help me evolve my haunter? I don't even.

I don't need help evolving my Haunter (multiple ones). Because I have two 3DS devices.

[size=-9]So lonely in that basement...[/size]

pulp is the best part

So tired

is that even a question? She's trapped in permafusion with the biggest asshole from homeworld. Tbh I think she's totally a masochist, considering how fucking unnecessary it was for her to fuse with jasper in the first place. It would have been hilariously easy for her + the crystal gems to destroy jasper then and there, considering how peridot was too busy being like 28 miles away.

speaking of that....am I the only one tho thinks that fusion is basically considered by gems to equivalent to sex? That's what I feel the show's been trying to implicate the entire time, more so recently, subtly enough so kids don't pick up on it. The gems all seem to think of it like that, besides steven ofc.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a common theory among the fandom. Which I don't pay attention to.
I kinda doubt she's the BIGGEST. We haven't met any other Homeworld gems yet, and don't forget Yellow Diamond is on her way.

I see Lapis as a character who feels torn between two different powers that she both has loyalties to yet also feels betrayed by. She can't fully align herself with the Crystal Gems after what she thinks they did to her, and of course she's not going to side with Jasper. So the best solution is to force a fusion. Strategically, assuming she doesn't want to team up with the Crystal Gems, this makes sense because it basically gives her two chances to stop her. If Jasper manages to escape the fusion, then she'll be able to fight her one on one in the bottom of the ocean. She's taking this burden onto herself because of her guilt, and I feel killing Jasper would only make that worse. She's close to snapping as it is.

In terms of sex... yeah this is a topic that is heavily debated in the fandom. Personally I see it as meaning different things for different people. Basically, if a relationship can be easily interpreted as sexual, then that's probably at least one meaning the writers had in mind. For Stevonnie, I don't see it as sexual at ALL. For pretty much anything with Pearl, then yeah, most of it is pretty sexual. Garnet is... kind of in between. What would it really mean if it was sexual? She's super horny all the time? That's just not her character.

OK, I could have phrased that better.
What I was thinking was,
I wonder if Lapis still has the possibility of being brought out of the fusion and if so, return to being her own character or if participating in Malachite for so long has had an irreversible and damaging psychological effect on her as seems to be a strong possibility of being in such a relationship between real people.

she'll definitely unfuse with jasper eventually, after all the fanservice with peridot recently (well it's not totally fanservice nor am I trying to implicate that it's bad) there's no way that the authors would essentially kill off such a popular character. They're not that dumb. Actually I think lapis might become a crystal gem like peridot seems to have, but I'm not convinced of that.
Oh yeah, she'll definitely unfuse eventually. My guess will be in "Alone at Sea" because they're in the ocean and because of the title parallel with "Alone Together." They wouldn't introduce two good characters and then just throw them away. Plus, they've been hinting at Steven saving Lapis in several episodes, mostly Chille Tid. And yeah, like Squiddy said they have a tendency to "convert" characters, even though I'm not convinced Peridot isn't going to betray them in some way.
I think lapis is sorta fucked psychologically anyway after all the shit she's had to deal with. Not that the deal with jasper will really help. Also you didn't answer my question if you noticed any similarities between sex and fusion like I've been noticing for the longest time.

she'll definitely unfuse with jasper eventually, after all the fanservice with peridot recently (well it's not totally fanservice nor am I trying to implicate that it's bad) there's no way that the authors would essentially kill off such a popular character. They're not that dumb. Actually I think lapis might become a crystal gem like peridot seems to have, but I'm not convinced of that.

Oh, sorry, I read that as possibly a rhetorical question. Yes, the thought's crossed my mind at points and it seems like a strong possibility. At least, I have no argument to refute that thought. I'm not sure if this falls under masochism, I'm not well-versed in such things, but Lapis definitely seems bent on making a martyr of herself. The line from Chille Tid, "why won't you let me do this for you," seems to suggest such. Of course I'm hoping Lapis aligns with the Crystal Gems, but it seems she's only attached to Steven at the moment.

There is definitely a martyr element to her, but I talked about this more extensively earlier.

I kinda doubt she's the BIGGEST. We haven't met any other Homeworld gems yet, and don't forget Yellow Diamond is on her way.

I see Lapis as a character who feels torn between two different powers that she both has loyalties to yet also feels betrayed by. She can't fully align herself with the Crystal Gems after what she thinks they did to her, and of course she's not going to side with Jasper. So the best solution is to force a fusion. Strategically, assuming she doesn't want to team up with the Crystal Gems, this makes sense because it basically gives her two chances to stop her. If Jasper manages to escape the fusion, then she'll be able to fight her one on one in the bottom of the ocean. She's taking this burden onto herself because of her guilt, and I feel killing Jasper would only make that worse. She's close to snapping as it is.

In terms of sex... yeah this is a topic that is heavily debated in the fandom. Personally I see it as meaning different things for different people. Basically, if a relationship can be easily interpreted as sexual, then that's probably at least one meaning the writers had in mind. For Stevonnie, I don't see it as sexual at ALL. For pretty much anything with Pearl, then yeah, most of it is pretty sexual. Garnet is... kind of in between. What would it really mean if it was sexual? She's super horny all the time? That's just not her character.

well, I meant so far. I'm sure we'll get a few bigger douchebags.

I've considered that for lapis. I suppose to make the better theory, I'd have to go back and listen to all the dialogue...but, I don't really care enough. Combination of a bunch of mental issues/dilemmas, I've said it before but being trapped in a mirror for however many years probably made her very much screwed up in the head. Hard to really pinpoint what her main motives are, I think it could swing quite a few ways.

Stevonnie doesn't seem sexual in nature because steven and connie would have no idea that fusion is thought of as sex by gems. Also they're humans (well steven isn't completely but he tends to lean towards the human side so whatever), so it doesn't even have to be perverse in nature. Pretty much all the other gems seem to think it tho. Peridot comments on how "uncomfortable" garnet's permafusion makes her and even seems embarrassed to explain why to steven/amethyst. For garnet, you can't really look at it from garnet's perspective imo, because she -- as she's stated herself -- is the experience. We haven't seen much of ruby, but she could easily pass as the horny type, whereas sapphire....well, I'm less sure about her, maybe she just goes along with it. Wouldn't be surprised either way with sapphire since she is more emotional than she lets on. It doesn't even have to be "horniness" for garnet, maybe they just see it as a symbol of their love. Regardless of anyfin, garnet obviously holds fusion in a very important light and is utterly mortified when she finds out gems were forced to fuse together to create the cluster (rape/forced sex?). Also iirc all of them seemed really awkward about trying to fuse with steven (I think at least pearl did), nor do any of them seem really interested in trying to fuse with him again. Which is odd if it wasn't sexual, because fusing with steven would be very practical for them with his defensive capabilities, and with his ever increasing competence I'm pretty sure he could pull it off.

Speaking of practicality, I don't think the lack of every case being sexual is a real counterargument for this. Because while I do think it's their equivalent of sex, it's still incredibly practical, so a lot of the time there wouldn't be sexual motives. A good example is the trio's freakish fusion at steven's dinner with connie and her parents. Don't remember it being suggestive in nature at all, because they were doing it to help out steven. No emotional drive like there was with garnet's fusions with pearl and amethyst.

I don't theorize super hard with this show due to me not being utterly obsessed with it, but I am absolutely convinced of the sex thing. There are way too many damn innuendos for it to be a coincidence.

Well also keep in mind on Homeworld it's considered almost exclusively for increasing fighting ability. It was seen as essentially unnatural to use for pleasure, so that's why it made Peridot uncomfortable. Imagine someone just constantly walking around with a big, sharp sword, just because they feel like it. I don't think it CAN'T be sexual, but I don't think that's the default mode it takes.

I also think there are two ways to look at the ideas presented in the show: from an in-universe perspective and from a more meta perspective. Being aimed for kids, gem fusion is really a way of introducing healthy vs unhealthy relationships, at least that's the way I interpret it. And then they build the in-universe canon around this. Of course there are innuendos and sexual imagery, but at its core I don't think it's purely a sex equivalent. It can represent or imitate it, but it's not the function it serves in-universe or for the story they're trying to tell.

uh.... random random random swamp random

*Sneaks in thread and does the harlem shake*

I hope nobody saw that lol!

*Sneaks in thread and does the harlem shake*

I hope nobody saw that lol!

espurr_by_kawiku-d6t66gw.png

300e662dcc3f5155d835877097c2902c.jpg
Fuck you too Tapatalk

My sister and I were playing cosplay bitchslap today.
Whenever you see a cosplayer, you bitchslap the other player. I definitely won.

Doot doot

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom