• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages' Winter Adventure

For future game updates how would your prefer to choose options?

• Create your own options for each scenario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create your own options but still have a few provided by the mods as well

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Have options provided by the mods but with more options available

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Random Messages’ Winter Adventure

Hello and welcome Fun & Games to another create your own adventure game, as with the previous game each post by a moderator will contain multiple options and you the players will choose one of these options, you can choose any option so long as it hasn’t already been chosen by another player.

The last game had a summer theme so it’s only natural we’d go for a winter theme this time around :D

Some choices may result in dead ends or "game overs," while others will lead to more unique options. If this occurs however you may choose a previously un-selected choice for any decision, which, of course, will start a whole new story line. The mods may post multiple times in a row, in order to catch up with the responses to the thread.

Without further ado, here is your first decision:

Winter.png

You are mysteriously transported to a land of snow and ice, it’s a cold and dark night but looking at your surroundings you see a warm looking log cabin, a dark and dense forest and some mountains in the distance, do you?

A. Shelter in the cabin until morning

B. Head into the forest to look for firewood

C. Climb the mountain to get a better view of the area

*Would wait for the game to update, but was too excited to see this thing that I'm just going to copy Pod's whole 'make up your own options' thing*

E. Search for any clues as to the rhyme or reason of the mysterious transportation.

@The Light heads straight into the log cabin, and finds the place rather nicely furnished, but everything's covered in a layer of dust. It doesn't look like anyone's been here for a while. Fortunately though there's plenty of firewood stashed in the corner. You light up a fire in the fireplace and curl up in a chair for a good night's sleep.
You wake up in the morning to a bright and sunny day. With the sun up, you can make out the surrounding landscape much better. You can see what looks like smoke way off in the distance, and a partly frozen lake not too far off. You have 3 options:

Slide2.png

A. Head towards the smoke, maybe it's a settlement of some kind.
B. Try fishing in the lake, you are kinda hungry.
C. Set up a stay in the cabin with a signal of some kind, someone should see and come eventually right?
Alternately, maybe come up with something I didn't think of?

***​

@Pikochu starts to scale the mountain, and you make it a bit of the way up before realising that it's even colder up here than it was down there, not helped by the steady snow that's starting to fall. Looks like you might be in real danger of freezing. There's a cave not too far away that looks like it might offer some shelter. There seems to be some ice between you and the cave though, that might be dangerous.

Slide3.png

A. Try and make it to the cave.
B. See if you can find a way to the cave that doesn't involve crossing the ice.
C. Try to get back down, the cabin might still be an option.

***​

@Max1996 heads into the forest, with the intent of finding firewood. Most of the wood you find is all damp from the snow and no good to you. You find a few pieces that could probably get a fire going, but it's unlikely that what you've got would last long. You hear something nearby. Some sort of low growling. You have three options:

Slide1.png

A. Light a fire here and now, at least you'll be able to see.
B. Hide in some bushes, hopefully whatever it is misses you and leaves.
C. This shit's spooky man, I'm outta here.

***​

@MegaPod starts to gather up all of the snow in the immediate area and starts building a massive mound. You leave the upper atmosphere as you pile more snow on, and get closer and closer to the moon. You start to feel a bit lightheaded though, and you pass out soon after. Whoops, looks like you forgot you can't breathe in space.
Game Over
Slide4.png

***​

After @BadAssGardevoir pokes around in the immediate area, you come across a small hole in the ice on a cliff face. It's a tight squeeze, but you think you could fit through if you tried. You can also see a faint glow from inside, but you can't seem to see the source. You have three options:

Slide5.png

A. Try to squeeze through the gap.
B. Look around for something you could use to chip the ice away to give you a better look.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BadAssGardevoir takes a look around and finds a decently large rock that you could use to chip away the ice and get a better look inside the hole. However, when you head back to the hole to start, you see a mysteriously hooded figure standing in front of the hole. You duck behind a few bushes as the figure looks around. Apparently satisfied, the figure waves a hand before the hole and the ice parts before them. The figure starts to enter the hole in the ice. You have 3 options:

Slide7.png

A. Tackle the figure, whatever they're doing can't be good.
B. Follow the figure inside.

***​

@Max1996 ducks into the bushes and holds his breath. You see something from inside the bushes. You can make out white fur, and the creature appears humanoid, but is almost twice your size. The creature holds in place for a moment, and you hear what sounds like a loud sniffing of the air. You take a quick look around, there's a large stick beside you. You have 3 options:

Slide6.png

A. Grab the stick and swing for the creature, who knows, you might get lucky.
B. Keep hiding, hopefully it leaves.
C. Run. Run as fast as your legs can carry you.

Hey! I didn't know those "new" options were being taken seriously! I wanna be a part of this too, but the option I wanted was already taken, so I couldn't say it! WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
You can either make your own path from the beginning, or you can follow one of the paths that another player has taken and make a choice from there. No-one's ever locked out from playing. This goes for you too @MegaPod, and anyone else who might end up on a Game Over. Just thought I'd make sure it's all clear.

@Max1996, paralysed by fear, remains in the bushes. You dare to look through the leaves. You can't make out much, but it looks like the creature's facing toward your bushes. Suddenly, your bushes are uprooted from the ground, accompanied by a mighty roar. You attempt to run, but the creature reaches out and grabs you. It drags you toward itself and... Well... Bad things happen.

Slide8.png
Game Over
Sorry Max1996, it looks like your adventure's over. Don't worry though, you can go back to your last choice and take a different path, you could restart the entire adventure with a new starting action, or you could pick a path that hasn't been chosen from any other point in the game (if you come up with your own option for a pathway, make sure we know what point you're picking up from).

@FinnishPokéFan92 watches the figure enter the newly widened hole, and you follow them in a few moments after, being careful not to make a sound. A few moments after you cross the threshold however, the ice slides shut behind you. It looks like you're not getting back out the way you came in. The glow you saw from inside before suddenly flares up, and you hear chanting from inside.
"Y falas zaras ay ee zarak... Y falas zaras ay ee zarak!"
As you move deeper inside the hole, you see a small shrine in a cave covered with ice. A small green crystal floats above the dais of the shrine, bathing the area with a green light. As you place your foot down you step on a free piece of ice, cracking it. The figure snaps around and lets out a cry before a flash of light envelops the entire cave.
You suddenly find yourself falling through a sickly green void. You see yourself heading towards some strange areas. You get the strange feeling that you'll be able to guide yourself towards a specific area if you try. So, which area do you guide yourself to?

Slide9.png

A. The black area with jagged red lines.
B. The blue area with odd glyphs.
C. The yellow area with a large triangle.
Alternately, maybe there's an area I didn't mention? If so, describe it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom