• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages' Winter Adventure

For future game updates how would your prefer to choose options?

• Create your own options for each scenario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create your own options but still have a few provided by the mods as well

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Have options provided by the mods but with more options available

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Max1996 panics and flees the safety of his bushes in an attempt to flee from the creature. The creature notices you running and lets out an earsplitting roar and gives chase. Unfortunately, as you're fleeing you trip over a tree root sticking up out of the ground, roll against your dexterity you stumble for a moment, giving the creature that chance it needs to swing its arm into the side of your head. You collapse and see the world going black.
You awaken an indeterminate amount of time later in a cave. The creature must've brought you here while you were unconscious. You take a look around and notice some white sticks and rocks on the ground. A closer look reveals these to in fact be bones. That doesn't bode well. You have 3 options:

Slide10.png

A. Seek out the creature and attack it before it can eat you.
B. Spend time constructing a crude weapon out of bones and the string you have in your pocket.
C. Attempt to find your way out of the cave.
Alternately, maybe try something I didn't think of?

***​

@MegaPod aims for the blue area as they fall. You fall into the blue area and suddenly feel yourself slamming into a cold hard surface. You take a look around as you get up, and see that you're now in a strange building made entirely of blue stone, with oddly glowing glyphs lining the walls.
"Ugh you idiot!" You hear a voice proclaim from behind you. The figure from before approaches and whacks you upside the head. "That crystal was only calibrated for one, and now you've gone and showed up and messed everything up! Now we have no idea where the crystal might have wound up and we're not even where I was trying to go!" He shouts as he paces around. "Whatever. I suppose there's no sense in just standing around here complaining about it. If you don't want to die I suggest you stick with me. We have no idea what could be around here." He says as he heads off down a corridor. You have 3 options:

Slide11.png

A. Follow the man, it might be your best chance.
B. Head down a different corridor, you don't need him!
C. Play around with that thing in the wall nearby, looks like it might be a door.

***​

@The Light decides to set up base in the cabin. You start a fire out the front, in the hopes that the smoke will lead someone to you when they see it. You head inside the cabin to clean it up a bit and poke around to see what else is inside. After you've been inside for a while, you start to hear a loud crackling outside. Your fire wasn't that big was it? You open the door and are greeted by a bright orange blaze. Uh oh, looks like that smoke you saw earlier was from a forest fire! And it looks like it's going to spread to your cabin. You have 3 options.

Slide12.png

A. Grab a bucket and make for the lake, maybe you can keep it away from the cabin.
B. You think you saw a fire extinguisher in the cabin, go inside and grab that.
C. Abandon the cabin, it's a lost cause.

***​

@FinnishPokéFan92 aims for the yellow area as they fall. You fall into the yellow area and suddenly feel yourself colliding with something soft, hot, and grainy. You look around as you get up, and see that you're now in a desert with a large pyramid nearby.
"Ugh you idiot!" You hear a voice proclaim from behind you. The figure from before approaches and whacks you upside the head. "That crystal was only calibrated for one, and now you've gone and showed up and messed everything up! Now we have no idea where the crystal might have wound up and we're not even where I was trying to go!" He shouts as he paces around. "Whatever. I suppose there's no sense in just standing around here complaining about it. If you don't want to die I suggest you stick with me. We have no idea what could be around here." He says as he heads towards the pyramid. You have 3 options:

Slide13.png

B. Head off into the desert, you don't need him!
C. Fiddle around with the walls of the pyramid, there's always secret passages triggered by hidden brick buttons right?

***​

@Cilantro aims for the black area as they fall. You fall into the black areas and suddenly feel yourself slamming into a hard hot surface. You look around as you get up, and see that you're now in a rugged, black landscape with rivers of lava flowing through. There's a dark castle nearby.
"Ugh you idiot!" You hear a voice proclaim from behind you. The figure from before approaches and whacks you upside the head. "That crystal was only calibrated for one, and now you've gone and showed up and messed everything up! Now we have no idea where the crystal might have wound up and we're not even where I was trying to go!" He shouts as he paces around. "Whatever. I suppose there's no sense in just standing around here complaining about it. If you don't want to die I suggest you stick with me. We have no idea what could be around here." He says as he heads off towards the castle. You have 3 options:

Slide14.png

B. Head off a different way, you don't need him!
C. Go take a look at one of those lava rivers, you've always wanted to see some in real life.

***​

@BadAssGardevoir misses every single area on the way down, and just keeps falling through the green void. No more areas end up showing themselves to you, and you start to lose all track of time. It's peaceful enough, just falling here. You're starting to get hungry though...

Slide15.png

Game Over
Sorry BadAssGardevoir, it looks like your adventure's over. Don't worry though, you can go back to your last choice and take a different path, you could restart the entire adventure with a new starting action, or you could pick a path that hasn't been chosen from any other point in the game (if you come up with your own option for a pathway, make sure we know what point you're picking up from).

***​

@Pikochu decides to brave the ice and make for the cave. You move slowly over the ice to avoid slipping as best you can, and before long you've reached the entrance to the cave. You make your way into the cave to try and shelter yourself from the gathering snowstorm. You reach the back wall of the cave, turn around, and come face to face with what looks like a zombie! After looking at it for more than a few seconds however, you realise that it's just a dead guy frozen in some ice. He has what looks to be an axe through him, sticking part way out of the ice, and a sealed bag sits next to him, close to the surface of the ice. You could probably get to it if you chipped some ice away. You have 3 options:

Slide16.png

A. Inspect the axe, that thing looks interesting.
B. Chip away the ice to get at the bag.
C. This shit's spooky man, I'm outta here.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Yeah, that went just as well as I expected it to. Huzzah?

Anyway...
C. Play around with that thing in the wall nearby, looks like it might be a door.
Must trigger all traps, must trigger all traps...

...Also, you have any idea how long this thing'll go for, Garu? Just curious.

Lone_Garurumon said:
D. Head for the castle, but run ahead of him. Also, collect whatever cool rocks you see on the ground

@The Light rushes back inside the cabin and frantically searches for the fire extinguisher you saw. You see it attached to the wall near the fireplace. You dash over and remove it, frantically trying to remove the pin from the extinguisher. After you get it out, you hear a sickening crack, followed by a mighty crash. You whirl around to face where the door used to be, only to see the flaming trunk of a tree has fallen in front of the door. You make for the windows, only to find them all locked. The flames burn bright and hot, too strong for a mere extinguisher, and the cabin becomes less table by the moment. Sadly it looks like you've become trapped in the burning and crumbing cabin.

Slide17.png

Game Over
Sorry The Light, it looks like your adventure's over. Don't worry though, you can go back to your last choice and take a different path, you could restart the entire adventure with a new starting action, or you could pick a path that hasn't been chosen from any other point in the game (if you come up with your own option for a pathway, make sure we know what point you're picking up from).

***​

@BadAssGardevoir doesn't head down any corridors. You remain in the main room and find yourself enthralled by the glyphs on the wall, specifically the ones framing a section of the wall that looks different. You start playing around with the glyphs, noticing that they glow a bit brighter once you press them. The man seems to notice that you're not with him, and turns to see what you're doing, just as you apparently satisfy the glyphs and cause the wall to shift, allowing a torrent of water to blast into the room. You open your mouth and inhale a bit of water, just to find that you're suddenly able to breathe fine.
"Would you stop playing with things!?" The man shouts at you, which you're able to hear with no problems despite the fact that the room is now filled with water. "Swim, next to me, and don't. Touch. Anything. Else."
The two of you swim through a few corridors before arriving in a large room with pillars, and large sea serpents coiling through the room. They must've come in through the door in the far wall.
"You see those? They're here because this place is filled with water. Which you let in. This makes them your fault." The man said, clearly somewhat miffed off. "Just stay here, and don't do anything. I'll handle this." You have 3 options:

Slide18.png

A. Let the man handle it, he's the boss.
B. Follow him and help him fight the sea serpents.
C. Those pillars look kind of unstable, maybe you could tip them?

...Also, you have any idea how long this thing'll go for, Garu? Just curious.
There isn't any set ending time planned for this, there might be eventually, but for now I guess it'll just go until people get tired with it or the creativity is exhausted.

***​

@MegaPod decides that their best chance is to stick with the strange man. Interested to know more about the situation, you begin to ask him questions about the current state of things.
Hey, dude, I have some questions. Are you my conscience? Where can I get cool robes like yours? Is this weird building actually just a physical manifestation of my own mind? Also, do you have any potato chips?
"No, I'm not your conscience. Quality robes such as these," he says with a flourish, "can be purchased from any good magical retailer. I have no idea where this building is, but it's definitely not your mind... Unless something went very wrong." He adds quietly under his breath. "As to the potato chips." The man waves his hand and a packet of sour cream and onion chips appears which he promptly tosses to you.
Before you can begin to eat the chips however, the man motions for you to stop walking, as you're about to enter an area that suddenly becomes pitch black. The man raises his hand and produces a small field of light, enough to see the close walls that lined the corridor. He motions for you to follow. You move on for a few dozen metres before coming to three different paths.
"Hmm... But which way?"

Slide19.png

A. Go left.
B. Go right.
C. Continue straight.

***​

@Cilantro runs straight for the castle, though you make sure to keep a close eye on the terrain around you. This is a cool new place you've wound up in and you want to see what's around. As you run, you notice a strange looking stone on the ground. It's a bright orange, and warm to the touch, though that might just be because the whole place is hot. You decide the stone is kinda cool, so you put it in your pocket and continue running for the castle. Once you reach the castle you notice that there are a couple of ways in, the main door, or a window. You glance back at the man. He's still walking towards the castle, but he doesn't seem terribly concerned. You have 3 options:

Slide20.png

A. Enter through the main door.
B. Climb through a window.
C. Wait for the man to catch up.

***​

@FinnishPokéFan92 decides that sticking with the man would be the best thing to do, and so you follow the man to the pyramid. The two of you approach and enter a surprisingly ornate entrance. You follow the winding corridors for a while, before coming across a reasonably sized room. The door promptly slams shut behind you, leaving you with no way out of the apparent dead end. The man begins examining the walls for some kind of trigger mechanism, and suggests you do the same. You start checking out the symbols on the wall, and notice that some of them are raised out from the wall a little, like buttons. You figure that one of these must trigger an exit, but which one should you press?

Slide21.png

A. The one with a spiral.
B. The one with two lines making a sharp point.
C. The one with many lines pointing straight up and down.
Or maybe there's a button I didn't mention? If so, describe it!
***​

@Max1996 decides that the best course of action would be to fashion and weapon from the bones scattered around the cave. You tie a bit of your string around a few bones and are able to fashion together a makeshift club by using the bigger, rounder bones as a head. Now that you have a way to defend yourself, you feel more comfortable moving around the cave, so you pick a direction and start moving. As soon as you turn the corner though, you run head first into the creature, guess it must've gotten hungry and came for its meal. On reflex, you swing your club with all your might and score a solid hit in the creature's side, stunning it for a brief moment. You have 3 options:

Slide22.png

A. Use the moment you've created to start swinging away, you might be able to beat it down.
B. Use the moment you've created to run away.
C. Use the moment you've created to swing your club hard at its must vulnerable point: right between the legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom