• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages' Winter Adventure

For future game updates how would your prefer to choose options?

• Create your own options for each scenario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create your own options but still have a few provided by the mods as well

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Have options provided by the mods but with more options available

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can choose from any provided set of options, so long as your choice hasn’t been taken. Also, it’d be best if you used quotes.

@Max1996 uses the moment you created to run away from the creature. The creature gives chase once it recovers from the swing you gave it. The creature's much longer legs allow it to cover ground faster than you can, so you're forced to duck and weave around corners and into side tunnels to escape it. In the midst of the twists and turns you slip a little bit on some ice, but you're able to right yourself and keep running. Moments later you hear a mighty crash from behind you, but don't bother looking back. A few moments later you run out into the light outside the cave. You're still in the forest, but it's daylight now, so you're able to see around you, but you still have no idea where you are. You glance back at the cave, nothing seems to be coming. You still have your club, but you don't really want to stick around to wait to see if the creature will come out. You have 3 options:

Slide23.png

A. Head in the direction of a downed tree.
B. Head in the direction of a super dense group of trees.
C. Head in the direction of a large cluster of rocks.

***​

@Cilantro decides to climb through the window and into the castle. Once you're inside the castle you can't help but marvel at the sight. The rooms are huge and covered in carvings of strange creatures you've never seen before. You can't see anybody else inside the castle, so you figure you might as well take a look around and see what's about. You can see a corridor straight ahead, and a stairwell going both up and down. You have 3 options:

Slide24.png

A. Take the corridor straight ahead.
B. Take the stairwell up.
C. Take the stairwell down.
Alternately, maybe try something I didn't think of?

***​

@FinnishPokéFan92 presses the button with a spiral pattern on it. You feel gust of wind suddenly pick up in the room. The wind continues to build and you find yourself being lifted off the ground by the sheer force. The roof of the room slides away, and you fly up past it, just to drop back down onto the roof-turned-floor when it slides back.
"Well, I'd yell at you for messing with things, but at least there's a passageway at the top here, so there's that." The man says as he gets up and heads for the single passage from the room. After walking for a bit you enter a large room filled with gold, jewels, and other assorted treasures. At the back of the room is a massive throne upon which sits a mummy. You have three options:

Slide25.png

A. Let's go check out that mummy.
B. Treasure! Whoopie!
C. That last button was fun! Let's look for more.

***​

@MegaPod suggests to the man that you take the left path. He thinks for a moment before responding.
"Sure, why not? I don't have any better ideas." And so, you begin down the left path, dropping crumbs from the packet of chips as you eat them. You continue for a while, taking turns here and there as you do. Eventually the man stops, and makes a motion for you to stop too. You hear a scuffling noise close by. The main starts to turn around only to be pulled away with a yelp. Without the man to provide light the corridor plunges into pitch blackness. It seems like those crumbs you dropped attracted some kind of animal. It must like them. Too bad you just finished your chips.

Slide26.png

Game Over
Sorry The Light, it looks like your adventure's over. Don't worry though, you can go back to your last choice and take a different path, you could restart the entire adventure with a new starting action, or you could pick a path that hasn't been chosen from any other point in the game (if you come up with your own option for a pathway, make sure we know what point you're picking up from).

***​

@The Light decides that the fire is burning far to brightly to extinguish by any means, so you leave the cabin and walk off. You wander the white landscape for a while, before realising that you're getting pretty hungry. You look around and see some berries on a bush, a half-frozen lake, and you think you see some kind of small animal scurrying about not too far away. You have 3 options:

Slide27.png

A. Fish in the lake.
B. Try the berries.
C. Go for the critter.

***​

@Pikochu grabs a rock from nearby and begins to chip through ice. After working it for a bit you break through by just enough to be able to open the bag up. Inside you see a few pieces of paper. Making sure to be careful not to break the frozen papers, you gingerly extract them. Thinking about what a miracle it is that none of the papers actually froze together, you look them over. The first paper appears to be a letter of some kind. You begin to read.
Dearest Horace
I hope this letter finds you well. Sad as it was, Reginald's funeral provided an interesting opportunity. In his will he left me a curious note. He sent me on some wild hunt throughout his entire estate. Once I reached the end, I found a map of Greenland. It had a point marked near to where you live, and some curious instructions on the reverse side. I know how much you like this sort of thing so I sent it along with the letter. You simply must tell me what you find at the end.
Love Cassandra

You take a look at the other piece of paper and see that it is indeed a map on one side, and instructions on the other. A treasure hunt, huh? This could be fun! You take a look at the instructions and see that the first one says to climb a mountain and enter a specific cave. That must be what this guys was doing before he got axed (you're still kinda curious about that, but you figure that with how long ago it happened it's not gonna matter much). You're already partway up the mountain, so why not go a bit further and find the cave right? The snow's even cleared up in the time you've been in here. You have 3 options:

Slide28.png

A. Head up the mountain looking for the cave.
B. Head down the mountain looking for the cave.
C. Pfft, treasure, who needs it? You go back down the mountain and do something else.

***​

Hm? It appears that this is happening,

Option 2, ig.
Option 2 from the OP lead to this result:
@Max1996 heads into the forest, with the intent of finding firewood. Most of the wood you find is all damp from the snow and no good to you. You find a few pieces that could probably get a fire going, but it's unlikely that what you've got would last long. You hear something nearby. Some sort of low growling. You have three options:

Slide1.png
A. Light a fire here and now, at least you'll be able to see.
B. Hide in some bushes, hopefully whatever it is misses you and leaves.
C. This shit's spooky man, I'm outta here.
Alternately, maybe come up with something I didn't think of?
Max took option B. There are unselected options from path B, which you could move down if you want, but you could also pick one of the other two options should you so choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
B. Head in the direction of a super dense group of trees.

@MegaPod suggests to the man that you take the left path. He thinks for a moment before responding.
"Sure, why not? I don't have any better ideas." And so, you begin down the left path, dropping crumbs from the packet of chips as you eat them. You continue for a while, taking turns here and there as you do. Eventually the man stops, and makes a motion for you to stop too. You hear a scuffling noise close by. The main starts to turn around only to be pulled away with a yelp. Without the man to provide light the corridor plunges into pitch blackness. It seems like those crumbs you dropped attracted some kind of animal. It must like them. Too bad you just finished your chips.
Game Over
Sorry The Light, it looks like your adventure's over. Don't worry though, you can go back to your last choice and take a different path, you could restart the entire adventure with a new starting action, or you could pick a path that hasn't been chosen from any other point in the game (if you come up with your own option for a pathway, make sure we know what point you're picking up from).
Umm...

From the begining of this whole convoluted affair, I shall...
F. Look for something to use as a sled to (hopefully) get off this wierd mountian.

D. Go back down the mountain and to the cabin and learn about the mapped area

@Max1996, wasting no time heads in the direction of some incredibly dense trees. Its a tight squeeze, and hard to keep going, but you figure that if you have this much trouble getting through, the creature won't be able to follow, if it's even still after you. You move on a bit and the trees thin out and eventually stop all together. It looks like you've made it out of the forest. You can make out what look to be buildings in the distance. You have 3 options.

Slide29.png

A. Head for the buildings.
B. Head off in a random direction away from the buildings.
C. Head back into the forest, that can only end well.

Hey, I just copy-paste that same game over message every time you get one. Guess I just forgot to change the name this time.

***​

@FinnishPokéFan92 decides that it couldn't hurt to be careful, so you check around the entire room for for exits. Besides the door you came in from, the only exit appears to be at the back, next to the throne. Satisfied with your search of all the available exits, you go to check out that treasure. As you start stuffing the gold and jewels into your pockets, you're suddenly overcome with an existential dread, as though something terrible is going to happen. You weigh up the options you have, there's 3:

Slide32.png

A. Try to leave from the back door.
B. Try to leave from the front.
C. Keep stuffing your pockets, it's just some feeling.

***​

@Cilantro heads towards the stairwell, and you decide to take the set of stairs that lead upward. The stairwell continues for a while, with doors on the inside every now and then. Guess you're climbing up one of the castle's towers. You stop climbing when you hear a moaning from the other side of one of the doors. Unable to contain your curiosity, you open the door and take a look inside. You see a man in shackles attached to the wall.
"Oh! You! You! Please! Help me!" He shouts when he sees you in the doorway. You have 3 options:

Slide30.png

A. Find a key or something to unlock the shackles.
B. Try and brute force the shackles.
C. Just leave, screw this guy.

***​

@BadAssGardevoir looks around for a sled. You figure you'd be more likely to find something helpful inside the cabin, so you go in to look. Inside the cabin you see several things, one of which conveniently happens to be a sled. You take the sled and start your way down the mountain, picking up speed as you go. You're doing well for a bit, but then you see a sizeable patch of rocks in the ground speeding towards you. The only way to conceivably avoid them would lead you straight over a patch of ice. You have three options:

Slide31.png

A. Take the rocks, it's better than the ice.
B. Take the ice, it's better than the rocks.
C. Bail from the sled.

***​

@MegaPod suggests to the man that you take the right path. He thinks for a moment before responding.
"Sure, why not? I don't have any better ideas." And so you head down the aforementioned path. You try to open the chip packet for the tasty snack, but it's being less co-operative than expected, and you wind up tearing the bag to shreds, resulting in the whole thing falling to the floor. You sigh and just keep walking. Just as the packet leaves the field of light however, you hear a noise as some large creature leaps to the packet and begins hungrily devouring the starchy goodness.
"Run." The man says as he takes your arm and starts pulling you along. The creature must've finished the chips pretty quickly though, because you soon hear it chasing after you. You suddenly come out to a room with a sharp drop into a lower floor, and a thin ledge ringing the upper floor you're on. You can see an exit on the other side of the upper floor, accessible via the ledge, and an exit on the lower floor. You have 3 options:

Slide33.png

A. Stay at this entrance and try to fight the oncoming creature
B. Try to edge around the ledge to the upper exit, maybe the creature can't do that?
C. Jump down to the lower exit and keep running.

***​

@The Light uses pretty sound logic, and you decide to go check out the critter you saw scampering about. You duck behind a few bushes nearby and inspect your prey. It's a snow bunny, and it has't noticed you yet. You have 3 options:

Slide34.png

A. Leap out of the bushes and chase down the bunny.
B. Sneak up on the bunny and grab it that way.
C. Set a snare in some nearby trees and chase the bunny into it.

***​

@Pikochu decides, rather than blindly charge off on some crazy adventure with no idea what you're getting into, it'd be better to do some research first. To this end, you exit the cave, gingerly stepping across the ice outside, and make your way back down the mountain. You reach the cabin and take a look around. There's a bookshelf that probably contains most of the info you need. You cross reference the mapped area with an atlas and identify the precise region where you're meant to begin the quest. You're also able to become relatively certain that you're roughly where you're supposed to start, all the landmarks line up. This means that following the instructions should be a breeze. You have 3 options:

Slide35.png

A. Better search around and pack supplies first, might need 'em.
B. Just head straight out, how long could it take?
C. You know, on second thought, I'm not really that into this whole "treasure" thing.
Alternately, maybe try something I didn't mention?

***​

@Chidamari Sketch enters the cabin and finds a box. Opening the box you find a flamethrower within. You exit the cabin and test out the flamethrower. It works fine and before long the cabin is burning brightly, you then turn your aim to the forest. After a few moments of casually torching the various trees of the forest, you feel a presence watching you.
"I should destroy you right here and now." A feminine voice says from behind you. You whirl around and see a young child standing before you, but her eyes pierce right into your being. "Give me one good reason that you shouldn't just die for attacking my forest." You have 3 choices:

Slide36.png

A. Attack the girl, you've got a flamethrower after all.
B. Apologise to the girl for burning the forest.
C. Run from the girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom