• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • ME continues to delay dealing with the Diamond and Pearl Clan's problems. Watch here as he bumbles around Hisui seemingly aimlessly, but does he have a end goal in mind?
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Random Questions

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

When the Bigfoot just isn't real
Reaction score
So I just decided to start a thread where somebody asks some random Pokémon question, then the next posters answer it until someone else has a different question.

It's OK if this doesn't go anywhere.

Here goes: Why does Lance use a Charizard, when in the lore, starter lines are supposed to be super rare in their home region?

Orchid

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Doduo secretly has wings hidden under all that fluff:
RBY/Stadium dex entries said:
A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed. Leaves giant footprints.
Its short wings make flying difficult. Instead, this Pokémon runs at high speed on developed legs.
A Pokémon with two heads. More skilled at running than flying, it is capable of racing at speeds over 60 mph.
In real life, some flightless birds can actually fly short distances, but their smaller wing bones and heavy bodies prevent them from getting much air. Doduo is probably able to get itself off the ground with its tiny little wings, but can't get much further than that.

Where does Farfetch'd get its leeks?

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

When the Bigfoot just isn't real
Reaction score
From someone's garden, or they're wild

Same as my initial post, but I replace all mentions of Lance with Leon (I may or may not have said Lance instead of Leon)

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Sponsors forced him to use Charizard.

Why can’t you invest in nuggets and collapse the Pokémon economy?

Esserise

Operating without a T-437
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Sponsors forced him to use Charizard.

Why can’t you invest in nuggets and collapse the Pokémon economy?

The ultra-rich pay off politicians to introduce regulatory policies. It’s a small price to pay for maintaining their position as the 1%.

How does the Room Service item work in-universe?

Torchic W. Pip

I Love Luvdisc
Reaction score
Pronouns
they/she/he
A hot maid comes to your Pokémon and gives them food. The food makes them vewy sweepy.

How does ORAS!Wallace put on that outfit?