• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random things in Pokémon that remind you of other things and vice versa

Vanillish Twilight

aka the fireflies guy
Reaction score
Sorry if there's another thread like this, I couldn't find one. Anyways, post stuff that remind you of Pokémon and vice versa.

So, stuff that remind me of Pokémon:

Umbrella Beach by Owl City

"Sands (burmy sandy cloak) and gears (klink), oh how the daisies (sunflora, I know it's a sunflower and not a daisy but still...) bloom when chandeliers (chandelure) light up the engine room"

Kirby (Jigglypuff)
Horseshoe crabs (kabuto)

Pokémon that remind me of other things:

Noctowl (Owl City)
Hoothoot (Owl City)
Porygon (rubix cube)
Sawsbuck (Harry Potter, don't question it)
Shuppet (socks)
Roserade (old ladies)

There are probably more but that's all I can think of right now.

This thread probably wasn't clear enough which is (probably) why no one's replying lol so you're supposed to just put stuff that remind you of Pokémon and vice versa. Like my examples above. Or you all understood it and it's just that no one likes this thread, oh well. The mods should just delete it, then.

Last edited:
Im not sure why no-one else answered this either :-D

Musharna reminds me of an embryo

Cofagrigus reminds me of a cellphone

Ferrothorn reminds me of a UFO mothership and its baby UFOs

Klink, Klang, and Klinklang remind me of the inside of a mechanical clock

Cryogonal reminds me of a Christmas decoration

And Reshiram and Zekrom remind me of the Blue-eyes White Dragon and Red-eyes Black Dragon from Yugioh

Edit:

Farfetch'd reminds me of a Roasted Pig with an apple

Koffing reminds me of Ameno-Sagiri from Persona 4, he seems very similar to Koffing, becuase of his shape and the openings on his body, but he emits fog instead of poisonous gas :-D

And Hippowdon reminds me of a Bird Bath

Last edited:
When someone mentions vitamins such as calcium, I'm thinking +10 Sp.Atk evs. Or when someone mentions words that sound like Pokemon such as combustion, I'm thinking about Combusken.

Memes:
*Cofagrigus = "Trollface".
*Ditto and Wooper = "Poker face".

Pokémon based off other Nintendo characters:
*Treecko = Yoshi
*Turtwig = Koopa Troopa
*Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon = King Dedede
*Jigglypuff = Kirby
*Heatran = Bowser (both can throw fires)
*Throh = Dr. Mario with original Mario cap (he's look more like Dr Mario than regular Mario because of white robes)

Third-party characters (of course including Katoki-designed mechs):
*Roserade = Agent G (The House of the Dead series) or Richard Miller (Time Crisis)
*Genesect = Zaku or Adele (Gundam series)
*Roselia = Viper II/Cypher/Myzr series (Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series)
*Sudowoodo = Mokujin (Tekken series)
*Mudkip or Carnivine = Pac-Man (from Pac-Man franchise)
*Victini = The Magician (The House of the Dead series)
*Meloetta = Jasper Guns (The House of the Dead: Overkill)

Can't remember them all, but here's some:

Jigglypuff: Peaches. Something about its shape and colour.
Horsea line: Toothpaste. The tail looks like a rolled up tube of toothpaste to me.
Bidoof: Meatloaf. XD

I have a lot of Pokémon-related nostalgia bombs. For instance, Christmas 1999, I got Pokémon Blue and my dad got Santana's Supernatural album. I'd play my game in the car while he played that album, and the two became forever interlinked in my mind. Any song off that album is enough to remind me of my blissful hours spent exploring the Kanto region for the first time. :)

Actually, a lot of music from the very late '90s and early '00s tends to evoke that response, because Pokémon was such a driving force in my life at that time. I can't help but be reminded of it whenever I think of that time period.

I saw an image of a Springhare a few days ago and I thought for a second it was a good photoshop or model of a realistic Pikachu". Looks far more like a Pikachu than actual Pikas do.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom