• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

Have you ever randomly encountered a glitch playing a Pokemon game?

• Total voters
I've never really run into any glitches in the main series games, but I have found several in my PMD games...

In Darkness, I was doing a job in Mystery Jungle, when suddenly the music stopped playing. Everything else was fine until I completed the job; as soon as I escaped from the dungeon, the game froze.

Then, in Time, I had just completed a job; it was towards the beginning of the game, so I was part of the guild. It showed the animation of the guild members eating dinner, but then, when it was supposed to show my partner and me in our beds at the guild, it showed an image of us at Sharpedo Bluff. Directly after, the game crashed.

Once on my Red Rescue Team, a Monster House appeared. I was like "Oh shit," of course. But then they all randomly fainted, right after appearing. No EXP points given. I then went on and beat the dungeon without any further event.

Had it happen several times in sapphire. I left the game sitting with out doing anything for a few minutes (a couple of the times I was playing in on my GBA, the last time was on my DS)then i come back to the game and it is making a weird high pitched screeching sound, luckily i had saved right before i set it down so i just turned the DS off and turned it back on and it was fine. I forgot about it until it did it on my DS, i do remember it doing that on my GBA a few times. There are no adverse/ permanant effects from this glitch, and i have never hacked the game (or any game).

I once entered the Mystery Zone in SoulSilver after catching Articuno in the Whirl Islands. And I didn't even try to tweak. I was so freaked out that I shut off the game. Thanks goodness the Articuno wasn't a shiny.

Another thing, if you put a Diamond savefile into a Pearl or viceversa, the mascot of that version appears as if you haven't battled it in Spear Pillar, but beware, there are glitchy Pokemon in your way. One of them was a Clefairy that had Golbat's moves. I was no less scared when I tried that. o_O

ok, after looking through all these Glitches i started up my pokemon games to see if i had a glitch in any. Turns out i have no glitches and I am very disappointed. I finally come to the conclusion that me having no glitches is my own little personal glitch. now I'm happy :p

Heh, you're not the only one. I just checked my copy of Ruby - I bought it used from GameStop, and I guess it's just 'cause it's seven years old but it sometimes has trouble getting past the opening "Game Boy" screen, so I check up on it every once in a while to make sure it's not glitched. Thankfully, nothing out of the ordinary has happened to it yet, but I still have a bad feeling about it.

I do remember once in Gold, I fought Hiker Anthony on Route 33, who had a Geodude and a Machop. I registered him in the PokéGear, and he called me for a rematch later - and that time, he had a Geodude and a Machamp. And keep in mind, his Machamp was at level 16 or something. When he called me later for a third match, it was back to being a Machop again. Fucked up.

Had it happen several times in sapphire. I left the game sitting with out doing anything for a few minutes (a couple of the times I was playing in on my GBA, the last time was on my DS)then i come back to the game and it is making a weird high pitched screeching sound, luckily i had saved right before i set it down so i just turned the DS off and turned it back on and it was fine. I forgot about it until it did it on my DS, i do remember it doing that on my GBA a few times. There are no adverse/ permanant effects from this glitch, and i have never hacked the game (or any game).

that happens to me when i drop my ds all the time. turns out the game came out of the system. did you drop your game system?

that happens to me when i drop my ds all the time. turns out the game came out of the system. did you drop your game system?

No, I set the DS down (or the GBA on some occasions)carfully on the padded arm of a couch (somthing that i do often)and sapphire is the only game i have issues with. And i know my game is not bootlegged, and i have never hacked it. That is why i assumed it was a glitch, LOL.

No, I set the DS down (or the GBA on some occasions)carfully on the padded arm of a couch (somthing that i do often)and sapphire is the only game i have issues with. And i know my game is not bootlegged, and i have never hacked it. That is why i assumed it was a glitch, LOL.

Even the slightest movement of a GBA game can make it do that. My Emerald and Sapphire do it all the time.

Other than that, I don't recall anything else.

I've seen other GBA games do that before. If you have a lite, the game sticks out, so even just a bump can cause a game freeze. Same with GB games on the SP.

My Haunter eveolved into gengar in platinum, I never even traded it, I just got tolevel 47 and bam, it just eveolve and I was just speechless, I though my game had gotten a virus or something.

Playing Pokémon Yellow, I found a wild Squirtle in the grass near the Pokémon League. I completely flipped (since Squirtle is my favourite!) but I had no Poké Balls to catch it. Extremely disappointed, I went off to a Mart, figuring I should probably stock up on Balls, and then wandered into that patch of grass again, training my Pokés, and low and behold, there was another one! It's strange, it didn't occur anywhere else and it's a shame it's not too awesome since you get all three starters later in-game anyway, but... yeah! :3

My pet Togepi gets stuck on moves using metronome in silver
Epic instances include Aeroblast 10 times, and Softboiled 16 times. Sucky instances involved Growl, Explosion, and SPLASH.

one my silver once the thing just started making very high pitched nosies and then it restated it self

my 5 year old mind thought a ghost got into it but then my dad saw how dirty it was

Not sure if it counts but when I bought a buttload of fresh water in SS I got a save error, but nothing major happened. It continues to work normally.

In Red version, my eevee evolved into a jolteon after using a Moonstone on it.

I was just battling Koga on my Pokemon Red and the sprite of his Muk randomly turned into a little star.

I ran into glitch city, before I even knew what it was. :V I was about 13 years old, and decided to look at the Hall of Fame on my PC in Blue version in Silph Co.. Now I noticed something different about it, of course I knew it was messed up due to Missingno. and 'M, but I noticed the game was behaving as if it was a text box. I pressed the B button to get out of the Hall of Fame screen, and I ended up in glitch city in Silph Co. xD

I was just battling Koga on my Pokemon Red and the sprite of his Muk randomly turned into a little star.

it used minimize, it is not a glitch.

I have my emerald game sometimes get all pixely and weird if I leave it on and in the ds for too long, but I figured it is normal. Nothing too strange has really ever happened to me in-game. (The old chateau ghosts freaked me out though)

it used minimize, it is not a glitch.

I have my emerald game sometimes get all pixely and weird if I leave it on and in the ds for too long, but I figured it is normal. Nothing too strange has really ever happened to me in-game. (The old chateau ghosts freaked me out though)

Oh. No wonder my moves were less accurate. Now I feel like a noob. xD

I was playing through the Battle Tower on Diamond a few days ago, and Pikachu used Double Team. From there I switched to Gallade. They then switched to Mime Jr. I used Slash on Mime Jr (70 power, 100% accuracy) and the move missed. But there were no stat changes on either Gallade or Mime Jr. Nothing major, just something small that made me go o_O

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom