• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ranger: Shadows of Almia secret missions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbachu

Pikachu enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the secret missions for Manaphy, Darkrai and Riolu are going to be repeated on Ranger Net? I always buy my games too late and miss everything. They were repeated in Japan, weren't they? Or, as a last resort, any Action Replay codes to unlock them (mind you, I hate cheating, but it may be the only way). Thanks :bawling:

I don't think they have any plans to. But I really REALLY hate that system. I know it costs to keep them up, but why not set up a system like in the older games where you could mail your game in and get the download, or get it by trading information with someone who already had them?

True, the whole "limited time only" downloadable content really stifles people's ability to restart their games and play from scratch.

I haven't heard any plans for re-releasing the secret mission downloads, either, unfortunately... I doubt they'll do it, anyway. The next Ranger game still needs to be released outside Japan, and tehn they'll have that game's secret missions to concern themselves with.

I'm sure there are probably AR codes to simulate having downloaded the missions... though I don't own an AR for the DS or play much of the Ranger games (aside from playing the first one so I could get the Manaphy egg), so I have no idea what they might be. I'm sure a google search would turn something up.

Alternatively, if you have the ability to dump your cartridge's save data into a *.sav file on your computer, I've heard that someone wrote a "Mission Injector" program a while back... so I imagine some people must've ripped the mission-unlocking data that was available over Wi-Fi from their own saves, and put it up for download as files on the internet. The Mission Injector, from what I gather, takes those files and sticks them into your game in the same way they would've been had you downloaded them normally. Then you'd just upload the new *.sav file back to your cartridge. Of course all that depends on your being able to dump the *.sav in the first place... if you lack the hardware for that, your best bet is in AR.

I usually use the program "sendpkm" to get event Pokemon that I miss, like the Jirachi one and the Pikachu-colored Pichu one.

Oh wait, that's for the main game series...you mean Ranger? Well, then listen to the guy above. Unless you can trade Pokemon to your Ranger game? Can you do that? I wouldn't know, sir, for I do not own Ranger.

I think they'll redo those events after a few months have passed, after all, they have to do the Pokemon D/P/Pt events again for people who missed it (Riiiiight, Nintendo?! I want an Arceus now!). Try looking up the Action Replay codes though, 'cause I could be very wrong.

after all, they have to do the Pokemon D/P/Pt events again for people who missed it (Riiiiight, Nintendo?! I want an Arceus now!).

What makes you think they "have" to do that? It seems very unlikely, IMO. Nintendo can only give out one gift to a particular language-game at any given time... and they've still got a number of PokeWalker courses to get through after the Winner's Path giveaway stops next month. Plus that 10th Anniversary Mew that was given out over Wi-Fi in Japan, if Nintendo decides to do that here.

I don't think they'll have time to go back and give out the three Wi-Fi mystery gifts that've already been done.

When they have the Manaphy event avaliable for Locus of Light, I won't work with Shadows of Almia, will it? I HATE THIS!!

this really could have gone in the simple questions thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom