• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rank all Ash Ketchum Pokémon

This thread is pointless, lol, the only Ash's Pokemon ranking that matters is this: The One True Tiering List
I can’t see the link but let me guess “GoD rOwLeT aT nUmBeR 1”

I like EM despite him being a SM Stan and me being an XY Stan but I don’t like Ash’s Rowlet. The species is fine, I just hate the God Rowlet memes

I can’t see the link but let me guess “GoD rOwLeT aT nUmBeR 1”

I like EM despite him being a SM Stan and me being an XY Stan but I don’t like Ash’s Rowlet. The species is fine, I just hate the God Rowlet memes
Surprisingly, no. It just places the entire Alola team in "Best" category for winning Ash a League, and then everyone else in "Trash" category for losing Ash Leagues. Well, everyone except Greninja, who's in an even lower tier that everyone else. The "We don't talk about him" tier. Idk, I like Greninja well enough, but I still found that funny in an "oh god why am I such a jerk sadist?" way.

For the record, I don't like Ash's Rowlet either. It's actually my third least-favorite Ash Pokemon, with only Pignite and Oshawott ranking lower.

1. Pikachu(not Journeys)
2. Goodra
3. Charizard
4. Bulbasaur
5. Sceptile
6. Infernape
7. Buizel
8. Lycanroc
9. Inceneroar
10. Rowlet
11. Melmetal
12. Leavanny/Naganadel
13. Talonflame
14. Bayleef
15. Donphan
16. Quilava
17. Swellow
18. Corphish
19. Hawlucha
20. Noivern
21. Torterra
22. Snorlax
23. Staraptor
24. Unfezant
25. Squirtle
26. Gible
27. Snivy
28. Krookodile
29. Glalie
30. Muk
31. Oshawott
32. Pignite
33. Butterfree
34. Pidgeot
35. Lapras
36. Kingler
37. Tauros
38. Heracross
39. Totodile
40. Noctowl
41. Torkoal
42. Scraggy
43. Gliscor
44. Greninja
45. Primeape
46. Boldore
47. Palpitoad

Surprisingly, no. It just places the entire Alola team in "Best" category for winning Ash a League, and then everyone else in "Trash" category for losing Ash Leagues. Well, everyone except Greninja, who's in an even lower tier that everyone else. The "We don't talk about him" tier. Idk, I like Greninja well enough, but I still found that funny in an "oh god why am I such a jerk sadist?" way.

For the record, I don't like Ash's Rowlet either. It's actually my third least-favorite Ash Pokemon, with only Pignite and Oshawott ranking lower.
Don’t diss my boy Oshawott like that :(

I like Piplup more than Oshawott I like Oshawott but I don't like Chespin
Piplup deserves better. Especially since he was an integral part of the cast, had actual purpose, and had a strong relationship with both Dawn and Pikachu-having a great chemistry with the co-protagonist of the series and another long-running character. Oshawott I kinda understand, I do agree he's cute, but I could never fathom why anyone liked either Oshawott or Chespin for their personalities and character. (Actually, I'm pretty sure Oshawott got development some point or another, but why is Clemont's Chespin so liked and favorited??? And no, those that just like chespin in general don't count...I mean, Clemont's specifically...) Yeah, I'm sorry if I sound salty, I just really like Dawn's piplup.

Piplup deserves better. Especially since he was an integral part of the cast, had actual purpose, and had a strong relationship with both Dawn and Pikachu-having a great chemistry with the co-protagonist of the series and another long-running character. Oshawott I kinda understand, I do agree he's cute, but I could never fathom why anyone liked either Oshawott or Chespin for their personalities and character. (Actually, I'm pretty sure Oshawott got development some point or another, but why is Clemont's Chespin so liked and favorited??? And no, those that just like chespin in general don't count...I mean, Clemont's specifically...) Yeah, I'm sorry if I sound salty, I just really like Dawn's piplup.
Dawn's Piplup is the best water starter

I like EM despite him being a SM Stan and me being an XY Stan
A "stan" is someone who is considered a crazy fan or an overly obsessive fan without any reasoning behind it, leading to other franchises or media getting bashed because of this over-obsessiveness. Or at least that's what I think. Fan ≠ Stan, so try not to refer to yourself or others that way. It'll put a negative image, again, on both yourself and others. So, unless you spend day and night bashing SM and can't acknowledge anything good about that series, try to refer to yourself using neutral terms, kay? :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: Just trying to spread some love here...

Unique one for Pikachu based on how he was like in each series:

1: S&M (the most well treated of the bunch (okay, well mostly) with many memorable moments especially towards the end)
2: XY (felt like he was being pushed aside in XYZ but for the most part was able to make up for it by not only beating Korrina's Mega-Lucario but completely outdoing Greninja as far as league performance is concerned)
3: OS (the original era where he got his start, too bad the terrible Hoenn Alone screwed it all up and he missed out on having a proper shot at facing Gary)
4: D&P (had quite a few undeserved losses but managed to tie against one of Tobias's legendaries, also Buneary was the most cutest thing ever)
5: Hoenn (really don't remember much of Hoenn which is a common thing for the series, had a stupidly written loss against a Meowth wearing boots but at least made up for it in the Battle Frontier series)
6: Journeys (he's doing pretty well as far as main battles are concerned but unfortunately like most of the older main characters (except Oak and Delia, they're somehow lucky) suffers from character inconsistency and most recently like all of Ash's mons, has been pushed to the wayside to be just... there)
7: B&W (putting aside the Snivy disaster, the anime basically made him kind of a laughing stock and while he did get some good moments, it still isn't enough to mask the fact that they treated my boy badly for the most part)

Last edited:
Unique one for Pikachu based on how he was like in each series:

1: S&M (the most well treated of the bunch (okay, well mostly) with many memorable moments especially towards the end)
2: XY (felt like he was being pushed aside in XYZ but for the most part was able to make up for it by not only beating Korrina's Mega-Lucario but completely outdoing Greninja as far as league performance is concerned)
3: OS (the original era where he got his start, too bad Hoenn Alone screwed it all up and he missed out on having a proper shot at facing Gary)
4: D&P (had quite a few undeserved losses but managed to tie against one of Tobias's legendaries
5: Hoenn (really don't remember much of Hoenn which is a common thing for the series, had a stupidly written loss against a Meowth wearing boots but at least made up for it in the Battle Frontier series)
6: Journeys (he's doing pretty well as far as main battles are concerned but unfortunately like most of the older main characters (except Oak and Delia, they're somehow lucky) suffers from character inconsistency and most recently like all of Ash's mons, has been pushed to the wayside to be just... there)
7: B&W (putting aside the Snivy disaster, the anime basically made him kind of a laughing stock and while he did get some good moments, it still isn't enough to mask the fact that they treated my boy badly for the most part)
Here are mine, but based on characterization, not strength.

1. OS: This was the series where Pikachu received the most development and was treated as an actual character and part of the main cast. His relationship with Ash developed along with his personality and battling abilities, which all made for a really underrated character arc.

2. DP: I put this one here mostly because of, again, Pikachu's character. It honestly was shown really well in this series and how different he was compared to back in OS. His interactions with arguably the best main pokemon cast ever were also all really well done, the most notable being Piplup and Buneary.

3. SM: Pikachu did his own thing in SM and that was another sign of him being treated as an actual character. I didn't like how his intelligence felt a little lower for some reason, though...and his rivalry with Mimikkyu humorously reminded me of Ash vs Gary.

4. XY: People say XY Pikachu was bland, but if you look between the lines...he was legit the goddammit babysitter(Dedenne and Bonnie). Also, like more than three episodes indicated Pikachu and Ash being in this big brother/little brother relationship that I just adored and the whole series just felt like Pikachu was really independent from Ash. But, yeah, DP started the brotherly relationship thing better and XY Pikachu still could've had more character.

5. BW: I'm putting this here because Pikachu has consistent character here, too, and also because the potential that could've spouted from numerous plot points regarding Pikachu in this series.

6. AG: Not gonna lie, I watched less AG episodes than DP episodes...so...honorary mention...?

7. JN: Yet another reason I don't like Journeys. PIKACHU. (why JN why...???)

Last edited:
Reviving this because I finally came up with what I think might be my definitive Ash's Pokemon tier list. I can't actually properly rank them numerically, since there's so many of them and for the most part there's a ton that I feel roughly the same way about, so this will have to do:
my-image.png

By the way, in case you're wondering why no Lapras... for some reason that one was not included in the options. However, Lapras would be ranked in the "Average" tier.

Reviving this because I finally came up with what I think might be my definitive Ash's Pokemon tier list. I can't actually properly rank them numerically, since there's so many of them and for the most part there's a ton that I feel roughly the same way about, so this will have to do:
View attachment 147256

By the way, in case you're wondering why no Lapras... for some reason that one was not included in the options. However, Lapras would be ranked in the "Averag" tier.
Thank you for giving love to Buizel. :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove:

Thank you for giving love to Buizel. :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove:
Haha. Admittedly I might be heavily biased since Buizel as a speces is one of my favorite Water-types (beaten only by Milotic, Lapras, and Vaporeon in that order), but I still thought Ash's one had a cool personality and was quite strong in a believable way.

View attachment 147256

By the way, in case you're wondering why no Lapras... for some reason that one was not included in the options. However, Lapras would be ranked in the "Average" tier.
NOOOO OSHAWOTT IS THE BEST

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom