• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

I have some:

GoldxSapphire
JimmyxMay
EthanxMay
RubyxPlatinum
BrendanxDawn
MayxHilbert
SapphirexBlack

Not sure if all of these are disliked per se, but they are far from being super popular/aircraft carriers.

• Castleshipping - Sir Aaron x Queen Rin - Slightly hinted at in movie 8. Explains where Queen Illene comes from. Not a ton of fanart (though I may just be looking in the wrong places?), but it has much more compared to others on my list.
  • Diamondshipping - Giovanni x Delia - I think this is the one with the most hate towards it on my list because the majority of the fandom is tired of the Star Warsness of the situation and all the threads that pop up about who Ash's dad is. But I still less than three it lots. Past or present, doesn't matter, though I've taken to the present theory recently. If you really want to hear my fanon for it you can PM me, but I won't post it here because it's long and would probably bore everyone else to tears.
  • Eldershipping - Prof.Oak x Delia - It's fluffy and cute. :3 Past or present, though I tend to go with present and the "Oak is not Ash's dad" variety. From flashbacks they seemed to make a nice happy family with Ash and Gary. (In my fanon I think Oak is dedicated to becoming a better father figure for them, because he was so obsessed with his research that he wasn't really around for his own son's childhood. When his son grew up he let his father's fame go to his head and got into debt trouble, which is how he ended up in Team Rocket. Gary's dad is totally Tyson from the Red Gyarados two-parter. He didn't want the same to happen with Gary, so he was much more involved in his life. There was no dad in the picture for Ash, so he took up that post as well. And eventually the post of being Delia's significant other.)
  • Innuendoshipping/PewterTulipshipping - Brock x Domino - I like the dynamic of Goodie Two-shoes Boy/Bad Girl. Will it ever happen? I'm 100% sure it won't, but I still find it an interesting pairing. Sadly I've yet to see any art for it, and the only fic I've come across is the snippet that Luna was nice enough to write for me.
  • Skillshipping - Ash x Domino - Again, Goodie Two-shoes Boy/Bad Girl pairing full of win. I've read a few fics with this as the main pairing, but sadly they never went very far and are dead. No art. At all. ;_;
  • SmartkidShipping - Max x Molly Hale - They're pretty close in age and both are pretty smart kids, so I could see it working out. Plus it's cute.
  • Teenrocketshipping - Mondo x Domino - Yet another Goodie Two-shoes Boy/Bad Girl. Why do I like pairing this girl up with them so much? Out of the three I listed, this is the one that would be the most likely to happen. (Like a 0.000001%, but that's still more than the other two. ;_;) Also seems the most likely to be...genuine? Not sure if that's the right word for it, but the others could just be part of a rouse. This one I couldn't see happening for any other reason other than the two really caring about each other. I have yet to see anything on this pair. TT_TT
  • Max x Stephanie (From Having a Wailord of a Time) - She was only in one episode, but she was adorable and actually sounded like a little kid.

I have a feeling that "anything from DPA" counts in here. But seriously, PoundingHeartshipping and Desertionshipping are both practically canon, and TBHshipping gets elevated to that status too.

Also I know only a few other Peacenikshippers despite it being general fandom concensus that Carolina was totally hitting on Cyrus (it would not have impacted his goal in gaining her trust to ask her to not be so forward with him. That flirting, that touching, those jibes? He was totally into that).

Also I think that any Execshippers that exist are because of my fanfics. I know that's true for Redwingshipping, since a fic I did proposed the very idea of it.

And I don't ship it near as much as I used to, but anyone notice that Airshipping seems to have completely vanished? It used to be THE yaoi Giovanni pairing. Now I think that's with Koga.

And I don't ship it near as much as I used to, but anyone notice that Airshipping seems to have completely vanished? It used to be THE yaoi Giovanni pairing. Now I think that's with Koga.
But that was also ten years ago. A lot has happened and Giovanni's universally a master pimp, at this point. He's got himself a whole bunch of underlings, a kid, and a number of brats that foil his plans. His potential partners are now numerous, compared to in 2000.

And I'm pretty sure I'm still the only supporter of Gio/Tracey. :B

Pretty much any Pokemon Colosseum shipping that isn't ColosseumShipping (WesxRui) I don't mind it, I just wish there was more variety in shipping for that game.

Other Colosseum ships I've seen include one SpyShipping (WesxSilva), only one or two RaiSnagShipping (WesxEin) and a couple of CipherShipping (EinxVenus)

Gay Kojishipping (i.e. James/Kojirou with any male character) because, let's face it, he is, or should be, gay. It would, most likely, be Rocketshipping. Although, I could see a few other pairings.

Rocketshipping
James/Giovanni: How else would he and Jessie get back onto the team in the games?

Butch/James: Everyone needs a mentor, if Butch could be considered one for James.

Vicious/Kojirou: Same as above.

Othershipping
Jamesi/Ash: Possible IST.

Brock/James: Same as above. Of course, there's definite UST between Brock and Joy as well as Jenny, which would make Brock bi.

For a while, I was big into RedShipping (Ash/Jessie) and MichaelIAmYourFatherShipping (mainly because I really liked Eldes as a kid and thought he'd make a good stepdad for Michael and Jovi.)
But nowadays, my big two are:
ChristmasWrongShipping (Soul and Lorelei)
TahitiShipping?(Blue Eyes and Ben)

I love ontherocksshipping(cress/Hilda), mostly cuz I named it but it is the cutest thing ever, I found let's see, one person who is sorta for it. I mean I wish I could have someone too share fanfics and fanart with and discuss it. Sigh, everyone is so ferriswheelshipping,its not even funny. Also whatever Herbert/Hilda is has more fans then my little ship. I even drew fanart for it and started a group, 0 veiws and 1 other member.:bawl:

Not really sure it's rare, but it certainly isn't as popular as I'd like it to be...
AlexandrianShipping, VolknerXJasmine.
Hhnnnng, sooo cute.

Yes! Finally get to remake my list.
NeoEeveeEvolutionShipping-Gary & Sakura of the Eeveelution sisters from Johto. Wish I could elaborate. Something about the two just interest me in putting them together.
CheekyShipping-Max & Mira as a couple. The two little tykes would be cute together, no doubt. But they're also very smart (Max w/ his booksmarts on Pokemon & Mira being able to trick Ash, Brock, & Dawn into helping her & Team Rocket in order to escape as well) so I think they'd get along pretty well too.
SnarkyShipping-Trip & Ursula. The name says it all. Their interactions would be interesting to say the least, but if they ever ran into Ash & Co. at the same time they would definitely have enough in common to start something. Atleast I think.
CuisineShipping-Cilan & May having a relationship is definitely one of my favorites. Cilan's gentleman-like nature would definitely win May over, & May has such a great attitude & presence around her there's no doubt these two would get along easy. Being a bona-fide chef would be the deal breaker as May's love of restaurants & gourmet food matches perfectly w/ this side of Cilan.
ChocolateCoffeeShipping-Barry & Iris would have great interactions IMO. Both having quite the reputation for being hasty & wild, I can't help but feel this would be the basis for their relationship. Being competitive w/ each other almost in a manner similar to PokeShipping. Not to mention all the times Iris would strike Barry as a kid, & everytime she does Barry will try to fine her. XD Very cute coupling to say the least.
ShootsCloneShipping-Kenny & Leona as a couple seemed a bit strange to me at first but eventually I began to like it. Never shown in the anime, but I always wondered what Leona thought of Kenny's crush on Dawn. She might be a bit jealous, & Kenny might take notice of this. Pure fanficness, yes. But, the idea always seemed plausible very cute to me.
BelleShipping-Drew & Dawn together. Man, ask any shipper & they'll tell you it's not easy finding the right guy for Dawn! :sweatlol: But This ship always felt right for some reason. To see Dawn react in such a fangirl-like manner to May (who, despite being well embedded as a star among Coordinators, falls a little behind in popularity when Drew is involved) shows she follows coordinators outside of Sinnoh, making it possible she's atleast heard of Drew. I can only imagine how she would react to actually meeting him! Drew, probably seeing her as another fangirl, wouldn't think much of her. But after Dawn sees the snobbish side of Drew, she'll just blow him off (don't think wrong here). Drew then ealizes that Dawn is independant & strong enough of a coordinator herself & will come to respect her. That could be a good start to their relationship.[/SPOILER]
Taken from the "Your Shipping List" thread. Don't see much of any of these around. You?

Volkner x Elesa

I'm in love with this pairing, too bad it doesn't have much fan-art. Does anyone know if this ship has a name?

I forgot to check this thread! Good to see that it's still alive!

Yes I did notice. And I really don't get what links Giovanni and Koga other than his Team involvement in the manga. Plus Airshipping seems to suit the yaoi seme/uke archetype more, so you'd think it would be more popular.

And I'm pretty sure I'm still the only supporter of Gio/Tracey. :B

Gio/Tracey? Now that is interesting! What is your idea behind that?

@Kakuna Matata:

Good boy/bad girl dynamic, that certainly is intriguing! I don't really enjoy Skillshipping so much because of the nature of how Ash tends to end up being paired with anyone without much discretion. But I'm sure I'd love it if it was well thought through. Corruption can be fun/treated lightly as well as sad and mysterious.

Gio/Tracey? Now that is interesting! What is your idea behind that?
That it's not kind. ^@; Purely sexual, somewhat abusive, the blackmailed master/slave thing, and not that willing (but Tracey always goes home in the end). (Yes, it's dark and creepy; we all have our Things.) *shrug* Never actually thought of it as a real we're-together!type pairing. *wheels turn* I wonder how that would work. I am now intrigued.

To balance it, I was (am? was? am) also a Tracey/Mewtwo fan (and there was a fic, once! Totally blew my mind!), and that was a hundred times more healthy in my mind (post-movie, for sure; now post-mini movie, absolutely). I was out of my mind ten years ago, coming up with this stuff. :B Never knew it would feel normal.

I have a lot...Most because I believe you need nothing to start liking/loving this person

Barry/Marley: It was because of a hentai image...
Flint/Zoey: I support SenirasuShipping, then I though "Flint is Volkner's best friend;Zoey is Candice's best friend, they made a good couple"
Aaron/Karen: I don't know that one :(
Dent/Daisy: I love them together so much
Pod/Lily: same as above
Corn/Violet: same as above
Sidney/Winona: same as Aaron/Karen
Morty/Wally: The story is long
Ethan/Greta: same as above
N/Brendan: same as Dent/Daisy
Brycen/Skyla: I think they match...really
Drew/Lyra: I'm screwing things up here non?
Brandon/Leaf: The majority I don't know why

And a lot more.

That it's not kind. ^@; Purely sexual, somewhat abusive, the blackmailed master/slave thing, and not that willing (but Tracey always goes home in the end). (Yes, it's dark and creepy; we all have our Things.) *shrug* Never actually thought of it as a real we're-together!type pairing. *wheels turn* I wonder how that would work. I am now intrigued.

To balance it, I was (am? was? am) also a Tracey/Mewtwo fan (and there was a fic, once! Totally blew my mind!), and that was a hundred times more healthy in my mind (post-movie, for sure; now post-mini movie, absolutely). I was out of my mind ten years ago, coming up with this stuff. :B Never knew it would feel normal.

Ah right yes I know what you mean.

And wow I wonder how it would work out in a traditional way. I think there would have to be something about Tracey that reminds Giovanni of times gone by, maybe someone he knew a long time ago?

The difference to me between romantic and sexual isn't kissing and screwing. I think the difference is between meaning and sensation.

Don't worry about what other people might think about it; as long as it brings you joy, or anything else that you might value highly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom