• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

Giovanni Sakaki

Reaction score
Coming into the Shippers' Paradise and seeing the forum dominated by popular ships such as Rocketshipping and Pokeshipping and those growing in popularity, I felt compelled to make a thread for people who feel like they are the only ones who support their favourite pairing.

I don't have anything against aircraft carrier ships at all, in fact I like a lot of them in a passing way. But I want to hear about people whose favourite pairings are rare/commonly disliked. Tell me about your pairing, why you like about, about your fanon!

Bugsy x Gardenia... don't know the name. Someone mentioned it and I thought it looked cute.

Apprantly there is a DrewxMisty one. but this pairing is mostly found on FF.net though. i don't know the name for it sadly.

there's several rare ships i support

jimmy/lyra
barry/iris
barry/may
barry/misty
paul/misty
drew/dawn
lance/cynthia
reggie/maylene
bugsy/gardenia
cilan/hilga
cilan/harley
cilan/bel
khoury/marina
khoury/dawn
pearl/sapphire
red/may
pearl/yellow
chili/fuuro
chili/hilga
chili/summer
chili/autumn
brock/lucy
chili/lucy
jimmy/iris
jimmy/may
paul/ursula
hilbert/lyra
hilbert/may
hilbert/leaf
brendan/leaf
breandan/dawn
diamond/sapphire
lucas/may
volkner/elesa
volkner/jasmine
aaron/jasmine

Last edited:
Cilan's hair and Misty's scrunchy.

Nurse Joy and Norman. The scandal would be very amusing, and could create a good story.

Last edited:
I've met approximately two Almiashippers (Kellyn x Kate, from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia) ever. It's not even a nevermet ship! Like, there was actual interaction in the web manga.

Makes me sad, since I can't really fangirl by myself for long periods of time. :(

Makes me sad, since I can't really fangirl by myself for long periods of time. :(

I can, LOL, but that's just the way I function and also I'm used to being a lonely shipper by now! :D

What do you miss most, having fics to read/fanart of your pairing, or talking to people about it?

I'm a huge fan of Nando x Cheryl, Brock x Holly, Candice x Zoey, Morty x Pheobe, Murph x Kate, Trip x Ursula, Roark x Jasmine, Eusine x Crystal, Reggie x Maylene, Burgh x Elesa, Zero x Infi, Mondo x Duplica, Bill x Daisy, Will x Karen, Lucian x Cynthia, Jun x Mitsumi....I've got a buttload of underloved pairings that I absolutely adore.

Last edited:
What do you miss most, having fics to read/fanart of your pairing, or talking to people about it?
Kind of all of it. There is painfully little Almia fanart that I've been able to find, there are even fewer Almia fanfics, and I don't really have anybody to discuss my ideas for fanfics with. I guess my biggest problem is the lack of fanfics - fanart is initially great to look at but the joy lasts only for a moment. I love to read fanfics because there's like, endless possibilities you can have with fics that you just can't portray in fanart.

Thinking up adventures for Kellyn and Kate to go on together as Rangers, saving the environment, helping people, even their adventures at school - the possibilities are endless. I mean, I've even crafted a whole AU world for them as members of Almia's police force. xD

I have quite a few!

Lt. Surge/Koga(though IDK if it counts now due to my influence...)
Byron/Riley(outside of the Japanese fandom that is...)
Ritchie/Casey
Gold/Whitney

I have a couple of pairings that I support:
Kenta (Jimmy) & May
Kenta (Jimmy) & Kelly
Gold & Sapphire

I have to agree that it get lonely when you support any certain pairings you like that's not well known

Redshipping, which is Satoshi x Musashi. My Crack OTP. It has like, 2 fan arts in the whole internet. I was hoping yesterday's episode could've sparked some new fan art in Pixiv, but I only see Kojiro x Dento pics there. :p

Back
Top Bottom