• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

Hmm, while I do enjoy popular ships, there are some that I adore that I've almost never seen.

Team Rocket/the twerps, for instance, doesn't really seem common at all. My favorite is probably Redshipping (Jessie/Ash), which is annoyingly obscure for some reason.

Ethan/Bugsy is also really rare, even though TWO of Ethan's manga counterparts (Special and Golden Boys) have hit on Bugsy while thinking he was a girl. That must be some sort of sign, but I was the one who actually ended up having to name this (Cicadashiping, by the way). Bummer. :(

This art here (don't worry, it's all worksafe) also got me interested in Bruno/Duplica (another ship I named— PlayFightshipping), but that specific artist is literally the only person I've come across who's ever done anything with them.

Also, the Ferris wheel ships (that don't involve N, I mean) are frustratingly impossible to find. Come on, they're practically canon by Pokémon standards!

Messyshipping - game!Red x Kotone. They're adorable together o/ -prods pixiv fanart-
Actually, Messyshipping is Special!Red/Lyra. Game!Red/Lyra is SoulfulHeartshipping. For what it's worth, though, I totally ship these two too.

more rare pairings I support (that I recently remembered):
White/HildaxJuniper - I'm sure this is self explanatory xD
LyraxClair - I came across some art that really made me like this pair xD
IrisxCaitlin - a nice dose of loli shoujo ai :D xD

I support all of these <333 Juninper and Clair pedo for the win XD and Iris x Caitlin is too cute<3

More pairings that I ship are Blue (female) x Sapphire, and Platina x Sapphire. BARELY ANY FAN ART *sob*
Also Like Karen x Lyra too :D

Also, the Ferris wheel ships (that don't involve N, I mean) are frustratingly impossible to find. Come on, they're practically canon by Pokémon standards!
Agreed! The Hilbert ones don't even have names last time I checked (or Hilda x Waitress Aurora, for that matter). I especially like Hilbert x Clerk Trisha, but I never see it loved.

EDIT: Just remembered another one: Wally x May. After replaying Emerald, I just have to say that Wally is so freaking adorable!

Last edited:
Team Rocket/the twerps, for instance, doesn't really seem common at all. My favorite is probably Redshipping (Jessie/Ash), which is annoyingly obscure for some reason.

Agreed. The rockets/twerps doesn't happen too often in fanart and the like. JessixMisty is mildly cute in my opinion, situation dependent.

news to me o.0 I assumed it was a new common pairing judging by the good amount of fan art/ecchi/hentai I came across of it. But you are not alone, I support AirplaneShipping too :D

Well, that might explain it, considering I stay as far away as possible from that type of thing and any place where I might find it. *sigh* It's just like how for me, Fennel seems to be ignored as a character... she's really not, but most of the art and fiction about her are not for children's eyes.

Anywho, glad there's another supporter. I don't feel so lonely now!

I was poking around the internet, and I read that Iris was apparently (not a spoiler for Iris, but for the character I'm about to suggest)
raised by dragons.
Between that and the fact that when you fight her, she claims to "feel" what her Pokemon do, a part of me wants to ship her with N.

Actually, Messyshipping is Special!Red/Lyra. Game!Red/Lyra is SoulfulHeartshipping. For what it's worth, though, I totally ship these two too.

Woah, I didn't knew there was a difference ;A; All this while I thought it was called Messyshipping and only that... Meh |D *cough dang in(complete ) list confusing me cough*

No wonder I could never find fanart of them anywhere. Thanks for the heads up! C:

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one who ships Cynthia X Blue...

It probably doesn't even have a name!

I like AshXBayleef and DeliaXProf. Oak(Eldershipping). Too bad not many people like these ships :(
I also like RocketShipping and Pokeshipping, but these are special to me.

Dawn (game) x Lucas (game). I've yet to find anyone else who ships it.

Then again, I don't really come to the shipping community very often, so how would I know.

These are probably obscure since I'm kinda old-school.

Toru (Todd/Snap) x Imite (Duplica)
Mondo x Musashi (Jessie) <--- I like it one-sided from Mondo's side.

No idea if these even have names.

ToddxDuplica is Copyshipping and MondoxJessie is Crushshipping, apparently.
Well, what d'ya know? So they do have names. Okay, so I'm a Copyshipper and a Crushshipper. There goes my rare pairings. Where did you find that, btw?

Back
Top Bottom