• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

I have a lot, but I'm just going to post a few.

SnowpointShipping (Zoey x Candice). I only know a few people who ship this, and when I searched on pixiv, deviantart, and google, I could only find two pictures of this pairing. For the most part, if people ship Zoey at all, they ship her with Dawn, or sometimes Kenny. I don't get why. They have an amazing backstory, raised a baby Zoey's Glameow together, and call each other cute nicknames. Plus, it seems to me that Zoey stopped flirting with Dawn after they went to Snowpoint City? Just an observation. I ship them in the anime, but in the games, I ship Candice with Maylene, which is GlistenShipping, which I'm pretty sure is kind of a rare pairing, as well.

ScientificShipping (Professor Juniper x Fennel), too. I know a few people that ship them, but not many. I mean, they're "friends from their studies", hang out with each other a lot, and fangirl together over science. Plus, in the anime, Juni keeps putting her hand on Fennel's shoulder? I know that's not really a hint, but they wanted to raise Archen together...as a family. They're just so cute together asdfghjkl; and they remind me of my OTP, AirplaneShipping, a lot

DuplicityShipping (Blue x Sabrina), from Pokemon Adventures. I don't really have that much to say about this pairing, but...their scenes in manga weren't cute, exactly, but I think they would make an interesting pairing? Especially after what happened when Sabrina got jealous...she ripped Blue's shirt off. uhm yeah good thing she was wearing something underneath

MorpheusShipping (Ash x Angie). I know that this has a few supporters, but a lot of other shippers seem to ignore it. There were a lot of hints, in my opinion, with their interactions, and they really remind me of each other. This ship seems kind of similar to LeagueShipping, too.

MiakaneShipping (Jasmine x Whitney). I don't know, they seem like a good pairing, if not somewhat interesting. Whitney seems pretty social and easy-going, and Jasmine seems really shy and introverted. They might balance each other off a bit?

raised a baby Zoey's Glameow together

Finally somebody besides me notices that.

Yeah xD who knows what they did when raising glameow in that shed
Other than that, and the fact that they're childhood friends and call each other cute nicknames, I'm pretty sure Candice was the only one that Zoey thanked in her victory speech? And directly afterwards, they had a scene with Candice fangirling in the stands. The rest of the group was just sitting normally, not really cheering much. What with their backstory and Candice always cheering her on, I don't get why more people don't ship this. :/

I love ontherocksshipping(cress/Hilda), mostly cuz I named it but it is the cutest thing ever, I found let's see, one person who is sorta for it. I mean I wish I could have someone too share fanfics and fanart with and discuss it. Sigh, everyone is so ferriswheelshipping,its not even funny. Also whatever Herbert/Hilda is has more fans then my little ship. I even drew fanart for it and started a group, 0 veiws and 1 other member.:bawl:
Really? I'll Join! Where is it? That is my favorite shipping ever!

Soooo here are my supported shippings:

Dualrivalshipping- I mean look at it in BW2
Lyra/Lance(Game)-God, just look at them in HGSS
OntherocksShipping- I support this because of Tumblr, and they look so cut together!
Lucas/Diamond-Why are they not funding this?!?
Leaf/Brock-REALLY? Need I say more...?
Rosa or Nate/Hilbert or Hilda-Seriously?
Ben/Summer-They're so cute together!

Last edited:
Other than that, and the fact that they're childhood friends and call each other cute nicknames, I'm pretty sure Candice was the only one that Zoey thanked in her victory speech? And directly afterwards, they had a scene with Candice fangirling in the stands. The rest of the group was just sitting normally, not really cheering much. What with their backstory and Candice always cheering her on, I don't get why more people don't ship this. :/

It's completely beyond me why I don't see it mentioned/liked often despite the easy basis behind it. Even looking on the Japanese side of the anime fandom like Pixiv doesn't have much turn up.

Lorelei x Red (not sure what the name is...)

DeathlyFreezeShipping - Red (game) & Lorelei
FreezeShipping - Red (Special) & Lorelei

Whichever works for you :)

Lolishotashipping (Steven/Cynthia)

Transreceivershipping/Livecastershipping (Nate/Yancy and Rosa/Curtis)- not sure how popular or underrated these are

Wallace/ anyone of Misty's sisters (maybe Violet)

Grimsley/ Caitlin or Sabrina

My Personal Favorite Rare Pairing from Pokemon: Tracey x Melody (aka Revelationshipping)

An unusually rare shipping -

Ash X Ursula !

It would be cool if Ash & Ursula end up in a forest alone and work together to find a exist . There Ash learn Ursula's problem with Dawn & Ursula help Ash with managing his Gible !
Later , Ursula start crushing On Ash & it fueled her rivalry with Dawn .

Hyper - Barry x Bianca; They're like twins, why not ship them?
Luck - Brock x Lucy; it's one sided canon, but everyone seems to have forgotten it existed.
Admiration - Drew x Brianna; everyone is so obsessed with Contest that Brianna's existence has all but vanished.

Am I the only one who likes the thought of Calem & Korrina together ?

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of Kris/Silver. I was totally looking for fanart of that the other day and it looks like I might have to do it myself! There wasn't much!

I also like the idea of Ariana/Giovanni.
I could totally believe in her being Silver's mom.

And Prof. Oak/Agatha is one I like (but always feel like I'll get weird looks for it, XD).

I love RoseQuartzShipping (Steven x Diantha), but there seems to be nothing for it.

I love RoseQuartzShipping (Steven x Diantha), but there seems to be nothing for it.
I'm interested in that pairing because it reminds me of a cliche/trope of the rich guy and the actress falling in love, but there really is nothing on that... :( Besides, they're both champions.

Back
Top Bottom