• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rarest Pokemon Ever?

This is great guys, I am really starting to understand who (apart from the obvious Mew) the rare type of species are. I will most definitely keep an eye out for Feebas in ORAS. Keep the posts coming guys :)

I would say Arceus due to it being an event Pokemon that is rarely distributed

Besides legendaries like Mew (can't get him without cheating in Red, Blue, or Yellow) and Celebi (same thing), Feebas gave me a lot of trouble in Ruby, and I hope that malarkey way of finding it is done away with in the remakes.

Another rarest of the rare, to me at least, are the Pokemon with special Dream World hidden abilities. I hated how all the Pokemon I got with good special abilities had such a high percentage of being male. Now that being male or female doesn't matter, I really regret not migrating those Pokemon from the Dream World. ;.;

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi (not so hard to get if you have the Pokémon Colosseum bonus disc)
Deoxys
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

There you go. Done.

I'd say the current absolute rarest are:

*Mew (Owned :D)
*Jirachi
*Deoxys (Owned)
*Darkrai
*Shaymin (Owned)
*Arceus
*Manaphy

However, you can still get Manaphy and Mew through spin-off games easily :p

*Jirachi
*Deoxys (Owned)
*Darkrai
*Shaymin (Owned)
*Arceus
*Manaphy

Really - What spin off games would this be? say to catch a Mew?

*Jirachi
*Deoxys (Owned)
*Darkrai
*Shaymin (Owned)
*Arceus
*Manaphy

Really - What spin off games would this be? say to catch a Mew?

My Pokemon Ranch for the Wii connects to Diamond and Pearl (not Platinum). If you trade 999 eggs to it, you get a lvl 5 Mew you can transfer to D/P. Around 500 eggs gets you a Phione. You get a Manaphy egg from one of the Pokemon Ranger games, which you can also transfer to Diamond and Pearl.

Any event Pokemon ever. If you miss those events (like I did), you're outta luck unless you can get some good trading stuff...and are able to find a person who is willing to trade with you.

In-story, any legendary. They are gods, after all.

As for gameplay wise, it's Celebi. Only 3 events for the thing, and one was lost with GSC save files.

Outside of the boring 'event Pokemon' answer, the Feebas answer was a good one. I was lucky enough to actually fish one up in Emerald.

As for gameplay wise, it's Celebi. Only 3 events for the thing, and one was lost with GSC save files.

Yeah but you get one with Pokemon Bank. Though is that still a thing now?

Event pokemon. I know that I took a break in the series missing all of gen 3 and got back into it when HGSS start coming out. It took me some time to realize how to get event pokemon (distributions at Gamestop, etc...) and Darkrai/Mew/Celebi were some of the last pokemon I needed. If you miss distributions, it is quite difficult obtaining a non-hacked event legendary. I also like the feebas answer, but BW2 had the rippling water that suddenly made that less of a nightmare. I also disliked the swarm pokemon in Gen 2 (yanma, snubbull, etc...). Pokemon with a 1% or less appearance rate are very annoying, but those swarm pokemon could only be found with that rate unless a swarm appeared. It felt like a lot of searching for a less than stellar pokemon.

Outside of the boring 'event Pokemon' answer, the Feebas answer was a good one. I was lucky enough to actually fish one up in Emerald.

Yeah but you get one with Pokemon Bank. Though is that still a thing now?

I was including the Pokemon Bank event, actually. And I do believe it ended.

I cant agree with everyone about Mew. Here is the reason, He has been available in all generations, and he has been given in events in all generations except 5 and 6. Granted you cant transfer from Gen 1 or 2 up but in 3 or 4 you can.

I once had a Mew from a Nintendo event. He was given to each person who signed up for the event and the final prize for the winner of the event was Celebi. (this was a Pokemon Contest to celebrate the release of Crystal version).

I dont know how hard it was for everyone to recieve Diance, I was able to get 4 of them, one for each of my and my children's games. Diance is new, and just released but also only available in Gen 6.

For the older gen games I would have to put my vote in for Keldeo being only available once so far in Black/White. Shaymin, or Arceus come in a really close second as they have only been released a small handful of times as well.

Mew may be a very desireable Pokemon but I dont think he is the rarest of the bunch.

Dom

Legendaries and event Pokemon aside, there are quite a few Pokemon that I had trouble finding, namely Feebas with it's insane means of obtaining it in both Gen 3 and 4. I have no idea if OR/AS kept this method or made it easier to obtain. Milotic is an even WORSE Pokemon to obtain, probably the hardest non-event Pokemon to get in the entire franchise, considering how Feebas is obtained in Gen 3 and 4, and the fact that it has to be at Max Beauty, meaning it has to be a certain nature that accepts dry foods, so you have to end up searching several hours until you actually get a Feebas that's compatible, participate in contests CONSTANTLY with it, and that takes several hours, sometimes days to get it when you can start an entire team at their base forms and have them be fully evolved within under three hours before you get Feebas to evolve to Milotic. Granted they changed the evolution method in Gen 5, but I feel they shouldn't have changed it back in OR/AS.

The rarest to me would have to be the Wish Chansey event from Gen III.

Only happened once (to my knowledge), and you will never see one that is not hacked anymore.

The rarest to me would have to be the Wish Chansey event from Gen III.

Only happened once (to my knowledge), and you will never see one that is not hacked anymore.

Agreed. Now, I find myself fighting Wish Chanseys with egg moves (Seismic Toss AND Wish? REALLY?!) and lose it. There will never be another event like that. Shadow Lugia may be another one. Pokemon XD was released quite some time ago, and unless you have the means of chaining several games (and systems), good luck getting one to your ORAS or XY.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom