• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate my first ever sprite?

istore

Event Seeker
Reaction score
Ok so I saved them to a bad quality after deleting them all off of their separate paint tab, so the ones in my signature have bad quality.. I did however have the Medicham saved to a better quality, so here it is
hvtrhi.png

PS - I know the borders on them are bad when you zoom in especially, they are the original colors, I just didn't have time to fix them. Please tell me how to improve the overall recolors / what you think of the ones I have done :)

edit : Spiritomb and Mr. Mime have their colors switched, as do Gallade and Charizard, and Swampert and Medicham.

Its very good, for a first sprite. I give it a 7.

As for the one's in your siggy, also good. Except for the quality, which you already mentioned. :)

When a sprite like Charizards gets the line's deleted when you erase the backround, I usually get another versions. Or if you really want to use that one, do what I do. Open up another paint, take a screenshot(PrintScreenSysRq on your keyboard), paste it in the new one, and copy and paste the sprite onto your spriting-page. That way the sprite stays the way it usually is. :p X3

Not bad, I've seen way worse. The leg shading on the medicham is waaaaay too severe. Lighten it a bit and it will look significantly better.

I appreciate the feedback from you both. The reason the Medichams legs look like that is because I took exact colors from the Swampert, guess I should have chose a lighter blue for the darker shading. Glad you both don't think of these as awful..wish I still had my PSP photo x2, could have made a sprite shop :/

Like a previous poster said, the shading's much too harsh on the medicham.
But it's great for a first recolor, 8/10.

Back
Top Bottom