• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate my Team

theboogster2

Reaction score
This is my current team for battling. It is almost all defense, except for 2 pokemon.

Blissey@Chesto Berry
Return
Rest
Seismic Toss
Defense Curl

Shuckle@Rocky Helmet
Toxic
Withdraw
Bug Bite
Wrap

Skarmory@Quick Claw
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Air Cutter
Roost

Seaking(Hidden Ability)@Rindo Berry
Psybeam
Icy Wind
Waterfall
Aqua Ring

Lapras(Hidden Ability)@Zoom Lens
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Shard
Perish Song

Meganium@Leftovers
Toxic
Protect
Synthesis
Sunny Day

Last edited:
You might want to list EV's and natures. Also, if this is for competitive battling on Smogon's standards, you have a few Pokemon that break the clauses.
Evasion Clause bans evasion raising/decreasing moves and abilities (Minimize) and OHKO Clause bans all OHKO moves (Sheer Cold).

Well honestly, I fail to understand why anyone would want to run OHKO moves... I mean really, 30% hit rate?

Blissey@Chesto Berry
Return
Rest
Seismic Toss
Defense Curl
Nobody in their right mind would argue that Blissey isn't an amazing special wall, but using her as a physical wall just doesn't make sense. If your opponent has a solid physical attacker out, the best choice is usually a switch. For this reason, I suggest cutting Defense Curl. Besides, you've got the SkarBliss combo. I'd also suggest replacing Return because of Blissey's non-existent attack stat. Perhaps try Toxic and Fire Blast? And then I'd suggest replacing the Chesto Berry. If you do go the Fire Blast route, a Fire Gem can help you get a surprise KO in on pokemon like Ferrothorn. Besides, I'm assuming Blissey has Natural Cure, so you could always switch her out after a rest. Or replace rest with Softboiled.

Shuckle@Rocky Helmet
Toxic
Withdraw
Bug Bite
Wrap
I can honestly say that I have never seen a Shuckle work. I highly recommend replacing it with a spinner. Maybe Starmie; it would give you some needed speed, though you'd need to take out either Lapras or Seaking so you aren't overloaded with water types. Or maybe a fire type to dispose of those pesky Ferrothorns that otherwise wall you flat.

Skarmory@Quick Claw
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Air Cutter
Roost
I'd suggest replacing Quick Claw with a more reliable item such as the Leftovers and taking off one of those entry hazard moves (probably rocks). Skarmory also lacks in special attack so I suggest replacing it with a physically offensive STAB. Brave Bird is best, but it's egg only so...

Seaking(Hidden Ability)@Rindo Berry
Psybeam
Icy Wind
Waterfall
Aqua Ring
Seaking doesn't have the build to last long so I suggest replacing Aqua Ring and the Rindo Berry with something more offensive friendly. Perhaps a Megahorn and Life Orb? Psybeam doesn't have that great of coverage, but I'm not sure what else Seaking gets so it might be the best choice for Seaking.

Lapras(Hidden Ability)@Zoom Lens
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Shard
Perish Song
Having run a Hydration Lapras myself, I suggest that you run a Rest combo on it. However, you don't have DW Poli or even a Damp Rock, so utilizing the Hydration ability will tend to cost you more than it benefits you. Plus you also have sun on here, so I suggest terminating Rain Dance with something like thundebolt. And maybe consider replacing Ice Shard with Ice Beam; sure Beam doesn't give you priority, but it has more power and means you aren't splitting Lapras's EV's.

Meganium@Leftovers
Toxic
Protect
Synthesis
Sunny Day
I'd probably suggest Leech Seed over Sunny Day, but overall Meganium looks solid enough. Your team synergy doesn't do much to support it though.

Overall, the types on this team are fairly balanced. However, like you said in the beginning, the team members on this team are predominately defensive, but some are trying to be used as offensive players which doesn't tend to work to well. Also, every defensive team or really any competitive team MUST HAVE A SPINNER, which you are lacking. You're also lacking a revenge killer. Ice Shard does well enough, but it's not really powerful enough to knock out most opposing pokemon and your team, as defensive, is a bit lacking in speed. Oh, and I still suggest you place EV spreads and natures on here. Right now, I'm just assuming general spreads so if this isn't accurate, I apologize.

As mentioned by previous posters, I would highly suggest heading over to Smogon and reading some of their articles on competitive battling. To battle competitively, you should learn about EVs, IVs, natures, viable sets, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom